PDA

View Full Version : Ride Meets

swak
03-22-2010, 06:45 PM
Post rides open to anyone or post if youre looking to tage along one day... See if this works.

Format:
Day:
Time: xxx @ xxx
Distance: incl. Comments
-----------------------------------------

Day: Sunday 28th
Time: 8am @ COP Parking Lot
Distance 110km'ish (From COP to Elbow Falls and back)

This will be my first ride off the trainer of the season, looking forward to hitting the pavement again...
Bring your arm/leg warmers if youre going to come, its likely going to be cool in the mornings still.
This will be a moderate-tempo ride.

PM me if you want to come.

stellerGT
03-29-2010, 10:58 AM
How was the ride Swak?

swak
03-29-2010, 11:51 AM
Honestly, I didn't make it out sunday. Buddy went Sat so I tagged along then.
Worked Sunday eve, so I decided to make it my 'sleep-in' morning ( I get about 1 every 2 months). Ahahaha.. Turned out to be a nice morning though, so I'm kindof pissed.

Will make up for it Wed or Fri being the big ride if anyones down.

Today and tomorrow are gonna be some quick 40-60k rides though. Usually leave from COP or The COOP just west of Crowfoot.

stellerGT
03-29-2010, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by swak
Honestly, I didn't make it out sunday. Buddy went Sat so I tagged along then.
Worked Sunday eve, so I decided to make it my 'sleep-in' morning ( I get about 1 every 2 months). Ahahaha.. Turned out to be a nice morning though, so I'm kindof pissed.

Will make up for it Wed or Fri being the big ride if anyones down.

Today and tomorrow are gonna be some quick 40-60k rides though. Usually leave from COP or The COOP just west of Crowfoot.

I would love to make it out for a group ride sometime soon, but I got to get back in shape first. I have a feeling I would get dropped faster than a hot potato if i rode with you guys. Whats your average speed on the rides? that way I can set a goal before I come out.

swak
03-29-2010, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by stellerGT

I would love to make it out for a group ride sometime soon, but I got to get back in shape first. I have a feeling I would get dropped faster than a hot potato if i rode with you guys. Whats your average speed on the rides? that way I can set a goal before I come out.

Avg. speed means nothing when comparing fitness levels...
Something like that would probably be around ~30kph.

But company is always rad...
Dont be shy.

swak
04-04-2010, 07:54 PM
Looking back on previous threads in this 'Cycling' section, last summer it seemed like people would be game for a group ride.

I will be starting a strict training plan Friday for racing, and might not be as flexible come next week, so Wednesday will be the day to shoot the shit out to Bragg Creek, or even Canmore if whoever shows up is game...

I know its a work day, but im a student and have Wednesdays off, so BLOW ME!! :bigpimp:
But Wed, 10am COP - The bike will be on its way out west.

PM me if youre gonna come, if not... :whipped: :whipped: