PDA

View Full Version : Buy Centrex, save $2500.

Kloubek
03-23-2010, 09:49 PM
Hey guys, I am not sure if this would be better in the marketplace, but I figured the real estate section is the best area to mention this. Technically, I am not selling anything. Let me also say I am in NO way affiliated with Centrex - nor am I directly advertising them... though I will offer a short review at the end of this.

Anyway, we recently built through Centrex in Kincora. Turns out, they were the least expensive builder of the bunch in this area, anyway. I believe they still are. The only part of the whole purchasing process we didn't like much is the fact they wouldn't dicker with us. Like... at ALL.

Anyway, they sent us a letter today saying that if we refer someone who builds, they will give us $5000. This IS time limited though... not sure of the date. I figured, hey... if I could make a few grand, and a Beyonder can SAVE a few grand for doing nothing, then there are smiles all around. Maybe someone would want to half the rebate with us.

This MIGHT extend to Excel homes too, since they are the same company.

Now, how is Centrex as a company? Well, they were a month late on our house. There are a few things we had to get them to fix due to shoddy trades, but they have been very willing to do so. And like I said, their price was the best of the bunch. Overall, I would rate our experience 8/10. If you DO buy with them, make sure you look into the upgrades package. For $20,000, they give you $35,000 in upgrades. (And we priced it out, it truly IS about 35g, so it is a good deal) And make sure you have a good working relationship with the supervisor of the build. Our guy (Kenny) was very receptive to our input, and did what he could to make us happy. (Not that we're particularly difficult customers)