PDA

View Full Version : PartyPoker- run by a bunch of morons

sevewone
03-23-2010, 10:10 PM
So Ive had nothing but problems with this garbage company and im wondering if anyone else has had this issue, or anything related to it.

So I lent my roommate my visa to gamble on pokerstars one night, then out of no where they froze the account at about 1500.00$. Right away I thought this was odd for a company to freeze your credit card @ 1500.00$. So The next step was for me to phone them up and see whats up, first off after having to switch to another operator do to not being able to understand him, I was told they need my Drivers License. Odd, but after a few minutes of them guaranteeing(sp) that they would not release it to anyone I decided I would send it over. So about a week goes, and what do you know, account if still frozen. So, like last time, I call again and ask whatsup, and this time they want a picture of my visa! At this point I just thought this was rediculous and demanded my remaining 350$ be put on my Visa. They agree, and so time goes on. About 3 weeks later I go to my bank and ask if any transactions from Partypoker have been put on my Visa and I am told no they havnt sent anything over.

So now im off to phone call number 3. This time the lady tells me they dont think I am the cardholder and they are going to have to investigate it, and they wont be able to send me money back to me without a picture of my Visa. Ok, so I just want to get my money back and stay the hell away from this company, so yeah, I sent a pic of it. An hour later, im STILL being "investigated".

Im not going to act like none of this is my fault because I DID use my VISA on another account a few years ago, and I disclosed this to the operator right away, but this is still out of hand. And to top it off, I phoned VISA tonight and told the guy the story and he told me PartyPoker has tons of spyware on their program as well, and it is a huge spot for hackers. :banghead:

gram
03-23-2010, 10:55 PM
You broke their security rules and you should thank them for not allowing your card to have further transactions. Bear in mind that you are dealing with a sketchy market(gambling) and your credit card (which you most likely used on your account) was used on another person's account. If I were you I'd be thanking them for what they did.

They run under certain criteria to prevent credit card chargebacks so that they can retain the right to be a visa/mc merchant. If they allowed people to do what you did they would get hit with credit card chargebacks often as roomates steal each other's credit cards/bank accounts etc. If they did not protect your and every other of their customer's credit card they would hit their thresholds all of the time and would have their credit card processing taken away-clearly something they don't want to have as it could crush their business.

You should thank them for watching out for you instead of bitching about their great customer service/security procedures.

Larger firms like the one you mentioned do not have spyware in or on their programs/platforms.

gqmw
03-24-2010, 12:23 AM
Partypoker or pokerstars?

300zxfairlday
03-24-2010, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by gqmw
Partypoker or pokerstars?
:werd: :nut:

97'Scort
03-24-2010, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by sevewone
So I lent my roommate my visa to gamble on pokerstars one night,
Wait: you're calling them morons?

core_upt
03-24-2010, 08:15 AM
whoa, so your friend used YOUR credit card on another account, and YOU used is on a different OTHER account earlier, and you can't figure out why they are throwing back security issues.... wow.

schmooot
03-24-2010, 12:04 PM
some things you just need to keep in your pants

KandabashiDevil
03-24-2010, 12:10 PM
OP is retarded.

Like someone else said, you should be thanking them.

Kobe
03-24-2010, 12:11 PM
Going to assume partypoker and not stars. I know that with stars I needed to show a picture of my ID to show I am the person on the visa when I wanted to withdrawl larger sums of money..

It is a security feature and as gram said you should be thanking them.. Back in the day there was a lot of "My room mate stole my card, i didn't play on your website" bullshit on a lot of websites.

Take a picture of your licence and VISA and I am sure they will give you the money back...

sevewone
03-24-2010, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by 97'Scort

Wait: you're calling them morons?

for the second time, yes. I lend it to him all the time for online play, Ive known him for 3 years and he always pays me back. Its errelevent who was physically using the card. Everytime I called in I was the one talking, not him.

Originally posted by gram

You should thank them for watching out for you instead of bitching about their great customer service/security procedures.

A thank-you card is the last thing they will be getting.

Originally posted by core_upt
whoa, so your friend used YOUR credit card on another account, and YOU used is on a different OTHER account earlier, and you can't figure out why they are throwing back security issues.... wow.

Yeah I used it on two accounts, and my cardholder name was the exact same on both of them, And I informed them of it. If they h ave such a snazzy security setup, wouldnt they have just froze it right away, not waited till 1500.00? And it wasnt even 1500.00, it was a little less..It's almost as if they were trying to be smooth by freezing my account, then when I tried to let them know it was me, they were making it almost inpossible.

Just their procedures for checking to see if I am the cardholder is a complete joke, they couldnt even find my license photo I sent in last night. They had to phone me back and try and find it. Really professional.. :banghead:

sevewone
03-24-2010, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Kobe
Going to assume partypoker and not stars. I know that with stars I needed to show a picture of my ID to show I am the person on the visa when I wanted to withdrawl larger sums of money..

It is a security feature and as gram said you should be thanking them.. Back in the day there was a lot of "My room mate stole my card, i didn't play on your website" bullshit on a lot of websites.

Take a picture of your licence and VISA and I am sure they will give you the money back...

Yeah it was partypoker, not stars. They finally un-froze my account, but well see if they can get me my money back tonight.

b_t
03-24-2010, 02:17 PM

Yeah it was partypoker, not stars. They finally un-froze my account, but well see if they can get me my money back tonight.

Its too bad this is going to have a happy ending.

If it had stayed fucked up, maybe you would have learned a lesson

sevewone
03-24-2010, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by b_t

Its too bad this is going to have a happy ending.

If it had stayed fucked up, maybe you would have learned a lesson

Good one.. What lesson would that be genius?

Quiet10
03-24-2010, 02:33 PM
Lesson is that you're a retard for letting someone else use your credit card and you're blaming them(partypoker) for thinking it's someone else using your credit card(which it is). I thought that was obvious...:dunno:

sevewone
03-24-2010, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Quiet10
Lesson is that you're a retard for letting someone else use your credit card and you're blaming them(partypoker) for thinking it's someone else using your credit card(which it is). I thought that was obvious...:dunno:

Your lesson should be to learn to read. Lending it to whoever is errelevent, They have no idea who was using what account. I could be using account 1 or 2, or joe blow could be using account 1 or 2 with me sitting behind him :facepalm: .

Pollywog
03-24-2010, 02:42 PM

Good one.. What lesson would that be genius?

I really don't understand how you are missing the point everyone here is trying to make. PartyPoker enforces these precautionary measures to assure that people aren't using stolen credit cards, are victims of identity theft, etc. Despite you having a valid story, on their end it most definitely would look like a stolen card. Anybody can steal a wallet and photocopy their drivers licence and Visa card, scammer or not. You used the same credit card number various times on 3+ accounts - what did you expect to happen? Like everyone else says, you should be thankful that they actually give a shit.

:rolleyes:

Quiet10
03-24-2010, 02:54 PM

Your lesson should be to learn to read. Lending it to whoever is errelevent, They have no idea who was using what account. I could be using account 1 or 2, or joe blow could be using account 1 or 2 with me sitting behind him :facepalm: .

Directly from their Terms of Service, which I figure you didn't READ:
http://www.partypoker.net/about_us/legal_information.html

5. True Identity and One Account

The name on your Account must match your true and legal name and identity and the name on your PartyPoker.net Account. You are prohibited from holding more than one Account at PartyPoker.net and any of the websites on the Shared Game/Table Platform. If you have more than one (1) Account or Accounts in different names, then you must contact us immediately to have your Accounts managed so that you only have one (1). If you have lost your Account name or password, please contact us for a replacement.

Learn to fucking read. Moron.

sevewone
03-24-2010, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Pollywog

I really don't understand how you are missing the point everyone here is trying to make. PartyPoker enforces these precautionary measures to assure that people aren't using stolen credit cards, are victims of identity theft, etc. Despite you having a valid story, on their end it most definitely would look like a stolen card. Anybody can steal a wallet and photocopy their drivers licence and Visa card, scammer or not. You used the same credit card number various times on 3+ accounts? What did you expect to happen?

:rolleyes:

Cool. I just dont understand why I had to talk to 20 different people to get everything setteled, mixed in with broken promises and shitty customer service. There is nothing saying you cant use your card on 2 accounts, with all of the exact information, while coming from the same IP. Even if their is I notified them and let them know.

-This is taking wayyy to much energy having to explain. I made this thread to see if anyone else had similar problems. Thanks

sevewone
03-24-2010, 02:58 PM

Thats priceless. Well if thats the case, then once again, they fucked up because both of my accounts arent frozen :rofl:

Quiet10
03-24-2010, 03:00 PM
Well if that's the case, I guess even they don't read their TOS. :rofl:

Pollywog
03-24-2010, 03:01 PM
-This is taking wayyy to much energy having to explain. I made this thread to see if anyone else had similar problems. Thanks

Similar problems? I am assuming that 99.999% of party poker users have one account with one card, so to assume that your situation is common rather than extremely unique is a little ignorant - not to say that you are ignorant. Keep tha peace y'all.

5. True Identity and One Account

The name on your Account must match your true and legal name and identity and the name on your PartyPoker.net Account. You are prohibited from holding more than one Account at PartyPoker.net and any of the websites on the Shared Game/Table Platform. If you have more than one (1) Account or Accounts in different names, then you must contact us immediately to have your Accounts managed so that you only have one (1). If you have lost your Account name or password, please contact us for a replacement.

Bingo. The "lesson learned" is that you should've called them immedietely, rather than let them discover your credit card is being used for multiple accounts - which would seem beyond suspicious to most. Sorry to hear that their customer service sucks so bad, but you wouldn't have had these issues to begin with if you had of read the TOS.

gqmw
03-24-2010, 03:22 PM
Lol partypoker is a joke. But yeah be careful to not use same credit card for different accounts, they can freeze up your accounts on suspicion of multiple accounts.

Don't know why support is such fail though, this should've been sorted out once you sent pictures of your cards+id.

Pollywog
03-24-2010, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by gqmw
Don't know why support is such fail though, this should've been sorted out once you sent pictures of your cards+id.
If I stole your wallet, couldn't I do the same?

sevewone
03-24-2010, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by Pollywog

If I stole your wallet, couldn't I do the same?

I probably would have cancelled it, but none the less, yes you could.