PDA

View Full Version : How to disable imobilizer?

LUCKYSTRIKE
03-24-2010, 10:12 AM
So just recently bought a 2nd hand car which had (which seemed like) a fairly cheap alarm system. I accidentally set it off twice trying to figure it out but I could still start it up. Got home, parked it, locked it then went to bed.

Woke up the next day, turned key in ignition, all accessories + dashboard lights + headlights will come on (radio too) however when I turn the key nothing happens. I dont believe its the battery (but im no expert) and have been guided towards the starter killer alarm system.

Is there anyway to reset it or disable it so I can use my car again?

Any advice would be appreciated

mr2mike
03-24-2010, 10:18 AM
Talk to the seller.

Could disabled two ways on the relay so who knows without a wire diagram and knowing stuff about alarms.

thepyrofish
03-24-2010, 10:38 AM
I had this problem after the battery died in my car. I had also just replaced the battery in my remote, and now the remote was no longer programmed. On mine (old Alpine alarm) there's a little toggle switch for the valet finction. If you turn the key to "on" and hold down the toggle for 5 secodns it resets and then the car starts. If you google around with the name/model of your alarm you should be able to figure it out.

At the same time, figure out how to put it into valet mode so you don't have the same problem every morning.

asifka
03-24-2010, 10:41 AM
look for a switch some where(under the steering column,door).

I had a car long time ago, i had to pull up psg side window button twice to start it. the aftermaket alarm was setup that way:)