taemo
03-24-2010, 11:21 AM
- Sicilian Pasta Kitchen
- http://www.sicilianpastakitchendowntown.com
- 11239 Jasper Avenue, Edmonton
- Food rating 4/5
- Ambience 4/5
- Service 5/5

A fellow beyonder mentioned this restaurant up in Edmonton, so I decided to check it out monday for lunch.

We arrived at 11am prior to lunch hour, they sat my gf and I by the windows giving us a nice view of Jasper ave.
Our waiter who was really friendly promptly asked for our drinks and the special for the day.

My gf ordered linguine marinara, I know it was going to be a big plate so I decided to just share with her and order a soup minestrone for me.
Wasn't really impressed with the minestrone, never had a gone one aside when was in Italy anyways, but the pasta was really good, we still couldnt finish it and plenty of seafood in it.
We also ordered Fritto Misto which was a huge plate full of fried squid, scallops, shrimps and mussels for $32
The waiter warned us that the Fritto Misto was going to be big but we (me mainly) managed to go 3/4 through it.
He would come to us from time to time asking how our meal was so we asked for ranch or some white dressing for our fritto misto since it only came with a tomato sauce, he told us that they didn't have any ranch dressing but he would check in the kitchen to see what they had. He came back after 2 minutes with ceasar dressing which was great with the friend squid.

If you like pasta dishes and are up in Edmonton, should check the restaurant out, huge selection of pasta dishes, great service (probably because it was prior lunch horu) although I noticed that they don't serve desserts.