PDA

View Full Version : cell phone problem....

nismo_fan
03-24-2010, 11:56 AM
so i'm not sure what i'm supposed to do...i'm frustrated with solo mobile to the point of no end.

i bought an lg phone back in october of 09, and was really happy with the service/plan and everything. starting in december, my phone started randomly turning off. went back to bell, confirmed that this is a problem with almost all these phones. now i go back to try to see what we can do to fix the problem, and all that they tell me is to send my phone in.

now in order to get a loaner phone, they want to charge me money. i'm upset at this because in order to have a phone while mine is being fixed (for a problem that i didn't cause) it is going to cost me $125, and i feel that is unfair.

i don't think that i should have to pay money for a loaner, and i'm really not happy with a phone that turns off causing me to miss important phone calls, and i'm ready to cancel my contract and everything because of this. any insight?

l/l/rX
03-24-2010, 12:00 PM
thats how it is man. Pretty much everywhere you have to pay for a loaner phone. But I don't see how its going to cost you $125? $125 for what? at fido theres a $50 deposit which you get back and a $10.50 admin fee that you dont. Rogers is the same.

Are they charging you for the repair cost too? Is there physical or water damage to the phone? Bell isn't the one charging you for the repair, LG repair center is.

LG sucks, never buy a lower end LG. Neon, Xenon, or any other low end LG. Spend the extra money and get a more expensive phone and do your research before purchasing a phone if you don't want to go through this headache again.

cr-xbrian
03-24-2010, 12:09 PM
This has happened to me 3 times now, luckily i had an extra 125 dollars with me every time. The 3rd time i said this phone is a lemon, give me a new one. They said they couldn't, only if it has been repaired over 4 times! i am also not impressed with there loaner charge for a piece of shit katana they gave me

spike98
03-24-2010, 12:10 PM
If thats the case go pick up this at futureshop

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/samsung-bell-samsung-m230-phoenix-prepaid-cell-phone-m230/10124466.aspx?path=7145ac3dbc7dbf7e744058dc1f928dfcen02

Dont get it activated. Then go to bell and instead of a loner get them to activate that phone.

After orignal phone gets fixed then turn around and sell the "self made loaner" and get some money back. Or keep it for further issues.

thepyrofish
03-24-2010, 12:23 PM
Yeah, my LG does it. I can't be bothered to dick around with sending it in. With my phone (Rumour) it was turning off from pressure. I could squeeze it where the battery is and see it turn off in front of me. I clean off the contacts on both the battery and the phone every once in a while and that seems to help a lot. I very rarely have a problem with it turning off since.

It would also occasionally turn off if I closed the keyboard really hard after a text, but I avoid that by not slamming the thing closed.

I've been burned by both Motorola and LG. I'm going back to a Samsung after this phone gives up for good. My last Samsung phone was invincible. That thing fell out of an open car window at around 30 km/h and was perfectly fine save for a little cosmetic damage.

nismo_fan
03-24-2010, 01:16 PM
wow..glad to know that i'm not the only one who feels like this....

thank you for the tips thepyrofish, i'm going to try them and hopefully they help.

now, onto my next question; is there any way to get out of my contract because i don't believe that they are holding up their end of the agreement? i'd rather just get rid of the thing than try to get it fixed and deal with the assholes at bell......

l/l/rX
03-24-2010, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by nismo_fan
now, onto my next question; is there any way to get out of my contract because i don't believe that they are holding up their end of the agreement? i'd rather just get rid of the thing than try to get it fixed and deal with the assholes at bell......

good luck i dont know of any company willing to pay out contracts for you to switch over to their company. Either than rogers to fido or fido to rogers. Even then there are stipulations and they only discount your ECF. You have to be a year and a day into your contract, but you still have to pay $100 ECF.

rumeo
03-24-2010, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by nismo_fan
so i'm not sure what i'm supposed to do...i'm frustrated with solo mobile to the point of no end.

i bought an lg phone back in october of 09, and was really happy with the service/plan and everything. starting in december, my phone started randomly turning off. went back to bell, confirmed that this is a problem with almost all these phones. now i go back to try to see what we can do to fix the problem, and all that they tell me is to send my phone in.

now in order to get a loaner phone, they want to charge me money. i'm upset at this because in order to have a phone while mine is being fixed (for a problem that i didn't cause) it is going to cost me $125, and i feel that is unfair.

i don't think that i should have to pay money for a loaner, and i'm really not happy with a phone that turns off causing me to miss important phone calls, and i'm ready to cancel my contract and everything because of this. any insight?

You're being misinformed dude. $25 fee for the loaner phone. $100 deposit for the loaner phone which is refunded upon return of the loaner phone. If you have a credit card, they just take an imprint and therefore you don't need to leave them with $100. PM me with anymore questions if you want.