PDA

View Full Version : 3m Di-Noc Carbon Fibre Vinyl (anyone used)

Nissan_Fanboy
03-24-2010, 01:36 PM
Hey, My Aunt owns a graphics place and can get 3M Di-Noc for relatively cheap and she has done it on a couple vehicles.
I was wondering if it would be a fun idea to do my hood and trunk.
I want to take the spoiler off my car and fill the holes and everything, a quick coat of paint over primer and put this Carbon Fibre Vinyl over it.
It has a 7 Year manufacture warranty so its guaranteed to last. Has anyone ever used this ?
I want to do the same with my hood.
She said she can do them both for my for around 150-200, price of Vinyl.

So, has anyone ever used this?
It looks really real and everything, and lets face it, some of us just don't have 1000 to drop on a c/f hood and trunk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRHGoPnT9ag

Thanks
Nissan_Fanboy

Mirrors, Hood and Trunk ?

suprame
03-24-2010, 01:44 PM
I'm pretty sure I had this done my my mr2 interior pieces and my Iphone case. It actually looks really good. Gives it a "dry carbon" look. And I agree with you it would be a good substitute for the trunk if you just want a shaved spoiler.

Nissan_Fanboy
03-24-2010, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by suprame
I'm pretty sure I had this done my my mr2 interior pieces and my Iphone case. It actually looks really good. Gives it a "dry carbon" look. And I agree with you it would be a good substitute for the trunk if you just want a shaved spoiler.

Yeah, well my sister works there too, so i get wicked deals on decals and stuff like that.
I might consider it, and well the hood has little rust spots from rock chips, so i was thinking sanding it down a bit, smoothing it out and putting some primer on it, and just doing that.
It would be better than painting it.
Does it resemble CF like, almost exact on exterior parts?
They just did it on this guys roof on his truck and said it looked really good.

IMAGE AN ENTIRE CF CAR !!!
lolol

Tarrantula
03-24-2010, 01:50 PM
Ill do my entire Murano if they will give it to me at a decent price.

Beyond Donations?

EvolizePhoto
03-24-2010, 01:53 PM
I had a bunch of work done by Curtis at Shadow Tint. He specializes in this Dinoc CF Vinyl. It's amazing.

If you guys want it done real good check out shadow tint ask for curtis

Nissan_Fanboy
03-24-2010, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by Tarrantula
Ill do my entire Murano if they will give it to me at a decent price.

Beyond Donations?

Ill talk to them about it.
An entire vehicle won't be very cheap, but if you really want to ill PM you.
I'm not trying to advertise or anything so i wont say which company

Nissan_Fanboy
03-24-2010, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by EvolizePhoto
I had a bunch of work done by Curtis at Shadow Tint. He specializes in this Dinoc CF Vinyl. It's amazing.

If you guys want it done real good check out shadow tint ask for curtis

Sick, well i can get it done like i said with my aunt,
They do wraps and everything like that,
and my aunt is an extreme perfectionist.
I worked for her for 2 summers ... LOL

but they do nice work, i'm considering taking my car in one day during S/B .
Does it hold up well though is my real question, like does it dullen, from rain, snow ect.

EvolizePhoto
03-24-2010, 01:56 PM
Photo of the R6 with wrap done by Curtis
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2736/4395834380_3980d5ac5e_o.jpg

EvolizePhoto
03-24-2010, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Nissan_Fanboy

Sick, well i can get it done like i said with my aunt,
They do wraps and everything like that,
and my aunt is an extreme perfectionist.
I worked for her for 2 summers ... LOL

but they do nice work, i'm considering taking my car in one day during S/B .
Does it hold up well though is my real question, like does it dullen, from rain, snow ect. Yep. Even really strong against rock chips. It's not regular vinyl. It has a texture of carbon fibre on it, it's impossible to wreck. Curtis crumpled it into a ball as tight as he could, with only a heat gun this dinoc stuff stretches back to original form like it's never been touched.

Nissan_Fanboy
03-24-2010, 01:58 PM

Looks good,
with a little bit of heat, it will really wrap around anything.
Its a nice material .
Up close, does it look like CF ?
like could you mistake it for real cf if you looked at my hood?
I don't want it to look cheap and fake

Tarrantula
03-24-2010, 02:00 PM

Ill talk to them about it.
An entire vehicle won't be very cheap, but if you really want to ill PM you.
I'm not trying to advertise or anything so i wont say which company

Throw me a price on PM. I know its not cheap.

EvolizePhoto
03-24-2010, 02:02 PM

Throw me a price on PM. I know its not cheap. it's definately not cheap. The cost on that r6 just for material was $150 plus labor.

Nissan_Fanboy
03-24-2010, 02:02 PM

Throw me a price on PM. I know its not cheap.

Alright ill let you know

Nissan_Fanboy
03-24-2010, 02:03 PM
it's definately not cheap. The cost on that r6 just for material was $150 plus labor.

For Me:
Vinyl At Cost
No Labor :)

EvolizePhoto
03-24-2010, 02:04 PM

Looks good,
with a little bit of heat, it will really wrap around anything.
Its a nice material .
Up close, does it look like CF ?
like could you mistake it for real cf if you looked at my hood?
I don't want it to look cheap and fake nothing looks like REAL carbon fibre unless it's real carbon fibre.

This dinoc vinyl is about as close as it gets though. I love the matte CF look

shakalaka
03-24-2010, 02:04 PM
^I am wondering about the same thing. How 'real' does it look? I've been wanting to get a CF Hood and new Rims for my 350z for this summer. But if I can achieve a similar'ish look to a carbon fibre hood for much cheaper I may even go that route. Would your aunt be willing to do a Beyond special price?

Nissan_Fanboy
03-24-2010, 02:06 PM
nothing looks like REAL carbon fibre unless it's real carbon fibre.

This dinoc vinyl is about as close as it gets though. I love the matte CF look
Yeah true,
it has a matte look to it ?
Do you think it would look good on my black car though ?
Thats what im worried about.

Originally posted by shakalaka
^I am wondering about the same thing. How 'real' does it look? I've been wanting to get a CF Hood and new Rims for my 350z for this summer. But if I can achieve a similar'ish look to a carbon fibre hood for much cheaper I may even go that route. Would your aunt be willing to do a Beyond special price?

That would be nice, i could see, business is business hey ?
I think there slowing up right now too, because of the recession.

962 kid
03-24-2010, 02:42 PM
don't kid yourself guys, it does not look even close to real carbon from any distance. I wouldn't use it on anything but interior trim or tiny accents

Nissan_Fanboy
03-24-2010, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by 962 kid
don't kid yourself guys, it does not look even close to real carbon from any distance. I wouldn't use it on anything but interior trim or tiny accents

yeah it has that matte look to it, not the shiny, different look from different angles eh ?

wes_v
03-24-2010, 02:57 PM
Sick! do it.

Nissan_Fanboy
03-24-2010, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by wes_v
Sick! do it.

you still have your eg ?
I think i drove past you last night by the sev .
I love white eg's !!!

wes_v
03-24-2010, 03:00 PM
No... Could have been the guy who bought it from me in December LOL. I have seen a vehicle at my work that has had the 3M carbon fibre on it and it looks durable as hell, and would be good for the highway with bugs and rocks.

inline6turbo
03-24-2010, 03:12 PM
Don't do it...

Looks so cheap. I almost considered doing my roof with it, but then quickly reconsidered. It's only slightly cool on interior pieces/trim whatnot.

Nissan_Fanboy
03-24-2010, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by wes_v
No... Could have been the guy who bought it from me in December LOL. I have seen a vehicle at my work that has had the 3M carbon fibre on it and it looks durable as hell, and would be good for the highway with bugs and rocks.

lame! what you driving now ?

Yeah, it might be a good idea, but i just hope it looks good.
Don't wanna be sick of the look

stevieo
03-24-2010, 03:13 PM
oh damn that looks pretty cool, i should do up the interior of my car with that stuff haha.

maybe even wrap it on the chrome pieces outside my windows too.

Destinova403
03-24-2010, 03:15 PM
I have a CF hood and a CF trunk... im considering doing this on the Roof in order to sorta blend the two together, however, im a little worried about the Matte look, it could look pretty out of place next to the shiny trunk and hood...

alternative would be to just do a shiny black vinyl wrap on the roof or to leave it white.

thoughts?

GoChris
03-24-2010, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Destinova403
I have a CF hood and a CF trunk... im considering doing this on the Roof in order to sorta blend the two together, however, im a little worried about the Matte look, it could look pretty out of place next to the shiny trunk and hood...

alternative would be to just do a shiny black vinyl wrap on the roof or to leave it white.

thoughts?

I was just thinking of that. I have a CF hood/trunk, thought doing the roof in this might be kinda cool. but shiny black vinyl would be nice.

benyl
03-24-2010, 03:20 PM
It looks nothing like real carbon.

shitty iphone photo of my key.

shakalaka
03-24-2010, 03:29 PM
I suppose you can't say that it's a substitute to the actual carbon fibre parts, but it could be a good, more economical alternative. It would still achieve a different look, like how Rage wrapped his Merc.

benyl
03-24-2010, 04:03 PM
A somewhat better shitty iPhone pic.

exodus989
03-24-2010, 04:16 PM

Why is that so god damned sexy?

Wrinkly
03-24-2010, 05:11 PM
For $8.00 including free worldwide shipping, you can get a small sample from these guys:

http://www.carbonfiberfilm.com/

Nissan_Fanboy
03-24-2010, 05:14 PM
http://www.carbonfiberfilm.com/wp-content/gallery/dodge-neon-srt4-exterior-and-interior/cf31.jpg

theres it beside real cf ...
naw i think ill pass

cjay^
03-24-2010, 06:15 PM
http://www.carbonfiberfilm.com/wp-content/gallery/dodge-neon-srt4-exterior-and-interior/cf31.jpg

theres it beside real cf ...
naw i think ill pass

Good.

This stuff just reeks of "poser"

shakalaka
03-24-2010, 06:54 PM
Hmm now that you put a pic comparing the two, I am kinda double-minded too.

Nissan_Fanboy
03-24-2010, 07:15 PM
Hmm now that you put a pic comparing the two, I am kinda double-minded too.

There was a section on how to make it glossy,
but they said a clear coat,
or like a 3M stone guard material,
but i duno if it would be worth it .

I'm selling my car anyway haha

streethondas
03-24-2010, 07:48 PM
i ordered some off ebay for interior trims, i will post picture of it once i get it..

Nissan_Fanboy
03-24-2010, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by streethondas
i ordered some off ebay for interior trims, i will post picture of it once i get it..

how much did you get ?

shakalaka
03-24-2010, 07:51 PM
Like interior I wouldn't mind either, I suppose. What parts can you actually apply it to on the inside?

streethondas
03-24-2010, 07:51 PM

how much did you get ?

it was 33"x55" for $40 shipped

Nissan_Fanboy
03-24-2010, 07:52 PM
Like interior I wouldn't mind either, I suppose. What parts can you actually apply it to on the inside?

basically anything plastic or metal

Bizzareo
03-24-2010, 08:30 PM
Can your aunt get real CF?

And while we are on the subject (sorry for derailing), anyone know of any seminars or people that teach carbon fiber molding?

94boosted
03-24-2010, 08:38 PM
Man this stuff is cool I may want to order some and try it myself or.... Out of curiosity Nissan_Fanboy could you send me a PM of how much it would be to have the following interior pieces wrapped + 2 other small pieces.

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j174/94boosted/CFTrimKitfromCED.jpg (http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j174/94boosted/?action=view&current=CFTrimKitfromCED.jpg)
Mine are obviously not CF they are a light gray which is why I want them CF

Wrinkly
03-24-2010, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by Bizzareo
Can your aunt get real CF?

And while we are on the subject (sorry for derailing), anyone know of any seminars or people that teach carbon fiber molding?

qKrl1PPvliQ

And how to Carbon fiber your own parts:

6rTWaV1imzs

CalgaryB5
03-24-2010, 10:43 PM

Seriously. Everyone like carbon look these days.

I'll jizz only if it looks this good.

Mercedes G55 AMG SLR-powered: Mansory "by Philipp Plein"

QW3vKFxBpxc

Kona9
03-24-2010, 11:18 PM
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s135/kona9/88cbc580ad409030-original.jpg (http://s151.photobucket.com/albums/s135/kona9/?action=view&current=88cbc580ad409030-original.jpg)

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s135/kona9/88cbc57fbfd68c50-original.jpg (http://s151.photobucket.com/albums/s135/kona9/?action=view&current=88cbc57fbfd68c50-original.jpg)

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s135/kona9/88cbc57fc778d530-original.jpg (http://s151.photobucket.com/albums/s135/kona9/?action=view&current=88cbc57fc778d530-original.jpg)

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s135/kona9/88cbc58038ebbd90-original.jpg (http://s151.photobucket.com/albums/s135/kona9/?action=view&current=88cbc58038ebbd90-original.jpg)

shakalaka
03-24-2010, 11:30 PM
To be honest that sti looks sick. I like it. Sure it's not real carbon fibre, but it sorta gives the matte look to it. Everyone loved Rage's car when he wrapped it, I don't see it being much different, other than plain matte black, it's carbon fibre looking.

94boosted
03-24-2010, 11:34 PM
^^ That STi is fucking drop dead gorgeous :eek: that's probably the nicest wrap I have ever seen on a car.

Nissan_Fanboy
03-24-2010, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by 94boosted
Man this stuff is cool I may want to order some and try it myself or.... Out of curiosity Nissan_Fanboy could you send me a PM of how much it would be to have the following interior pieces wrapped + 2 other small pieces.

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j174/94boosted/CFTrimKitfromCED.jpg (http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j174/94boosted/?action=view&current=CFTrimKitfromCED.jpg)
Mine are obviously not CF they are a light gray which is why I want them CF

Ill see what i can do, i may need the dimensions though.

No she can't get real CF, well at least i think.

Nissan_Fanboy
03-24-2010, 11:38 PM
Damn, that STI is amazing ...
I'm really considering doing my trunk, because its not a big focal point, you know .
My hood on the other hand, i might wait.

Im going to rip the spoiler off, fill it with bondo, sand, ect.
prime with a couple quick coats, then get her to put the vinyl on,
then possibly get someone to clear coat the trunk, and see if it gives it more of a glossy look.

shakalaka
03-24-2010, 11:49 PM
After looking at that STI I am honestly re-considering doing my 350z's hood with that stuff. I think it'll still be pretty cool. Sure it's not carbon fibre hood, but still definitely looks cool, regardless of that.

Nissan_Fanboy
03-24-2010, 11:57 PM
After looking at that STI I am honestly re-considering doing my 350z's hood with that stuff. I think it'll still be pretty cool. Sure it's not carbon fibre hood, but still definitely looks cool, regardless of that.

haha me too!
that STI looks too sick!
I wonder if it would look much different with a slight clear on it...
might have to test it out

coop3rr
03-25-2010, 12:27 AM
everyone has different opinions on the material, seeing as how where i work doesnt have a sponsorship on the forum i'll keep advertising to a min,

the dinoc films are really "to each there own" ive seen a few people that have used it and "overstretched/overworked" the material and then it looks like ass. its nothing like "real" carbon fibre, but hey, how does that saying go? you get what you pay for?

if you want the real carbon fibre look, youre going to pay for it.... CF fabric is cheap, the moulding is expensive....

if youre aiming for the look, dinocs the way to go imo... but thats just me.

its a really malleable(sp?) material, can basically wrap anything with it... ive wrapped bike fairings, hoods, windscreens, interior pieces, so on and so forth, while not "cheap" like the canadian tire shit, its not "carbon fibre"

it has a matte finish, and gives the cf "LOOK"

i wrapped some bmw mirrors the other day and tbh, from about 4ft away the only way you could tell it was a vinyl, was because it was matte. when the sun reflects off of it it gives it the same effect as a cf weave....

everyone has an opinion, and everyone has a "taste" some like it some dont, its the way it has and always will be!

Wrinkly
03-25-2010, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by coop3rr
can basically wrap anything with it... ive wrapped bike fairings, hoods, windscreens, interior pieces, so on and so forth

Scat will be pleased - might take the heat off him at last :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

coop3rr
03-25-2010, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by Wrinkly

Scat will be pleased - might take the heat off him at last :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

On sportbikes, /facepalm.

and really, i'll back up scat on that topic, although i dont quite remember what shade he had on his WS, i had a 70%VLT film on my windshield for ages, 70% = nearly optically clear.

only gains from it being heat rejection and uv protection,

and with leather, less heat, no more burned legs!

hahah

Wrinkly
03-25-2010, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by coop3rr

On sportbikes, /facepalm.

and really, i'll back up scat on that topic, although i dont quite remember what shade he had on his WS, i had a 70%VLT film on my windshield for ages, 70% = nearly optically clear.

only gains from it being heat rejection and uv protection,

and with leather, less heat, no more burned legs!

hahah

No need for the :facepalm: Humour detector broken? :D

coop3rr
03-25-2010, 01:19 AM
hahahah! i know you were joking, :facepalm: simply added dramatic effect, aha!

haha everyones still razzin him about that windshield eh! wasnt that like what, 3years ago?

speeed
03-25-2010, 02:16 AM
This is another kind of carbon fiber vinyl wrap. It's called neffy wrap.

Gives you an idea of what it looks like clear coated

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/5758/spoilerurethane3.jpg
http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/5963/spoilerurethane.jpg

94boosted
03-25-2010, 01:23 PM

Ill see what i can do, i may need the dimensions though.

Aproximate dimmensions are:

6" x 2" w/ one hole (for a button)
6" x 2" w/ two holes (for buttons)
6" x 3" w/ 4 button holes
6" x 3" w/ 3 button holes
14" x 2" no holes
Center bezel around radio and HVAC controls

Please get back to me.

GoChris
03-25-2010, 01:26 PM
I actually like that STI, I think it looks pretty damn cool. I'd just be nice to see it in person compared to real CF.

chkolny541
03-25-2010, 02:52 PM
that sti is sickkk!

looks really cheap next to real CF. Wont fool anyone

05*CivicRS
03-26-2010, 06:59 PM
I think this stuff is pretty good for people who can't really afford the real price of CF or don't care too much about performance (couple of pounds lighter? lol).

There's nothing wrong with wraps or anything if they're just going for the look. That STi looked pretty sweet imo. I actually might try this on my spare trunk and hood just for fun

K3RMiTdot
03-26-2010, 07:07 PM
thats one sick sti

Jeremiah
03-26-2010, 08:54 PM
the sti looks good from afar but only because it looks matte, once you get up close i think it looks like junk.

The weave just looks off in my opinion.

2EFNFAST
03-26-2010, 08:56 PM
Nothing will beat real CF :poosie:

http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww89/efnfast/donecf2.jpg

But with the vinyl, how marr-resistant is it? For example, say you cover your trunk in dirt, and just rub it off with a cloth, you'll get swirl marks (micro-abrassions in the clear). What about on a vinyl? Will you get micro-marring, or will it resist most damages (like 3m clear bra does) except deep stuff?

Nissan_Fanboy
03-26-2010, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by 2EFNFAST
Nothing will beat real CF :poosie:

But with the vinyl, how marr-resistant is it? For example, say you cover your trunk in dirt, and just rub it off with a cloth, you'll get swirl marks (micro-abrassions in the clear). What about on a vinyl? Will you get micro-marring, or will it resist most damages (like 3m clear bra does) except deep stuff?

Im pretty sure it has the same effect as the 3M stone guard product, it doesn't chip easily, or fade.

coop3rr
03-28-2010, 02:43 AM
i'll start with this, dinoc is NOT a substitute for 3m scotchcal protection film, or any other protective films,

it doesnt damage EASILY, but it can be damage just as if it were paint....

micro-marring as you described on "paint" or "gloss vinyl" wont be near as pronounced on a patterned, 3 dimensional film... believe it or not this film actually has a texture, which gives it the appearance it has, as opposed to the printed cheap cf vinyl, stuff is easy to clean, fairly durable, but as i said before, definitely not a substitute for ppf.

if anyone has any questions regarding the 3m product, pm me and i can try to further explain to as many a detail as possible.

feel free to pm me and i may be able to get you guys a few free sample pieces aswell.

edit: punctuation is not my thing, dont mind all the improper comma's etc.

turbotrip
03-28-2010, 03:54 AM

Indeed, IMO it looks pretty bad from any angle

TomcoPDR
03-28-2010, 05:53 AM

More pics of the aunt on the bike

coop3rr
03-28-2010, 06:57 PM
:facepalm:

EvolizePhoto
03-28-2010, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by TomcoPDR

More pics of the aunt on the bike what?

Nissan_Fanboy
03-29-2010, 09:10 PM
what?

my words exactly ...

wes_v
03-29-2010, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by speeed
This is another kind of carbon fiber vinyl wrap. It's called neffy wrap.

Gives you an idea of what it looks like clear coated

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/5758/spoilerurethane3.jpg
http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/5963/spoilerurethane.jpg
kinda looks like black duct-tape:dunno:

94boosted
03-29-2010, 09:54 PM
I really liked the way this product looked and I had a couple interior pieces I wanted wrapped. And I was told that coop3rr (Curtis) at Shadow Tint was the guy to go to. I stopped by on Sat showed him which pieces he gave me a fair quote I dropped the pieces off at lunch today and picked them up after work and I must say I am genuinely impressed:

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j174/94boosted/IMG_0040.jpg
Before

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j174/94boosted/IMG_0041.jpg
After

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j174/94boosted/IMG_0042.jpg
Installed

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j174/94boosted/IMG_0043.jpg
Installed

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j174/94boosted/IMG_0044.jpg
Installed

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j174/94boosted/IMG_0045.jpg
Installed

Sorry about the shitty pics, I'll try to get some better ones when I find my camera. Curtis thanks again man I really like the way it looks. I may have to find some more interior stuff to bring to you :D

coop3rr
03-29-2010, 10:16 PM
hey man no problem!

and to those wondering if you apply clear over the dinoc material if it will become "glossy" thats 100% false, ive tried everything you basically can to make it have a glossy appearance, only thing that works, to a minimal extent is PPF. even then you get white spots due to the glue not technically supposed to be applied to a TEXTURED surface.

atgilchrist
03-29-2010, 10:29 PM
This guy did a nice install too:
http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4654

topher91
04-23-2010, 10:18 PM
To lazy to read but where can you buy this locally??

88CRX
04-23-2010, 11:23 PM
icon has it.

EvolizePhoto
04-26-2010, 03:50 PM
I got some scraps from cooper at shadow tint yesterday, so I've been on a cf'ing spree.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs477.snc3/26125_1123574345763_1719257440_238548_6782221_n.jpg so much fun :D

Nissan_Fanboy
04-26-2010, 04:27 PM
Nice dave,
I kindof gave up on the idea,
but of anyone wants to test it out go ahead.
My sister did a red g37, or 35 can't remember,
looked decent, she said it is VERY matte,
so, its a big naaaaa,

eglove
04-26-2010, 05:06 PM
i wanna do the roof of my fit with this stuff.

Vdubbin
04-27-2010, 11:47 AM
Where can I get this stuff in Calgary and how much is it? It seems cost effective online. Under $300 shipped from a couple of sites.

Nissan_Fanboy
04-27-2010, 02:58 PM
I think my aunt told me around 11.20 /sq foot .
which is 48 x how ever long you need.

Vdubbin
04-27-2010, 03:06 PM
ECS Tuning has 20' x 48" rolls for $450 + $25 or so shipping. So about Half the price that we can get it locally. Just have to be willing to wait.

http://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-Golf_III--VR6_12v/Exterior/DiNoc_Film/

Nissan_Fanboy
04-27-2010, 03:13 PM
as long as you have to know how to instal yourself and do it proporly, go for it man.

Madspinner
04-28-2010, 09:41 AM
Where can I get some scrap pieces, I wouldnt mind trying that .

jampack
04-28-2010, 10:12 AM
Nice dave,
I kindof gave up on the idea,
but of anyone wants to test it out go ahead.
My sister did a red g37, or 35 can't remember,
looked decent, she said it is VERY matte,
so, its a big naaaaa,

Do you have any pics of this by any chance? Did she do some parts of the interior or exterior?

Nissan_Fanboy
04-28-2010, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by jampack

Do you have any pics of this by any chance? Did she do some parts of the interior or exterior?

She did Hood and trunk,
pictures are from a phone
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i146/01pureevil00/0407001215.jpg
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i146/01pureevil00/0407001140.jpg

jampack
04-29-2010, 09:35 AM

She did Hood and trunk,
pictures are from a phone
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i146/01pureevil00/0407001215.jpg
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i146/01pureevil00/0407001140.jpg

Thanks. It does look very matte on the pictures.

EvolizePhoto
04-29-2010, 01:18 PM
A friend of mine gave me more scraps.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3395/4563930738_4cfcf8e023_b.jpg

I fucking love this stuff.
My lighter is wrapped.
My Mouse
My RC Heli
My RC Heli Controller
My Keyboard
My Swingline Stapler
My XBOX controller
My old cell phone
My lamborghini model car hood and roof.

Sigh. :love:

Paul@CustomAuto
05-20-2010, 10:29 PM
I have black and white carbon Di-Noc for $10 sqft

http://www.printsnplots.com/Test/bwdi-noc.JPG

pm if interested
paul

coop3rr
05-21-2010, 08:49 PM
note he fact that white isnt "weather/sunlight
friendly" and also, i you dont have the proper primers/prep it will peel up on hard contours....

boci
05-22-2010, 08:39 AM
http://www.importcarpartsplus.com/3mdinoc.htm
http://getcarbonfiber.com/3M-DI-NOC-Carbon-Fiber-Vinyl-Sheets/

EvolizePhoto
05-23-2010, 09:23 PM
I still have a bunch of this stuff leftover if anybody wants something wrapped I can do it for the cost of the vinyl and a coffee