PDA

View Full Version : WTB: waterproof camera

Billy_Billions
03-25-2010, 12:31 PM
If anyone's got a waterproof camera they're looking to get rid of please let me know.

Looking at a:

Panasonic lumix TS1

Pentax Optio 80w

these would be preferred, but I'd be willing to look at anything.

spike98
03-25-2010, 12:36 PM
I dont want to spam your thread and i will most likely get a user rating point taken off but.....

I have been looking for one for quite sometime. I have done a lot of research on the different tough/waterproof offerings of the different camera manufacturers.

What i have found is that the Panasonic TS1 is the top dog of the current lineup. It scores the best all around. STAY AWAY from the olympia tough series. At least the last generation. The 8000 is GARBAGE unless your dog is going to use it as a chew toy. Its tough as nails.

Look out for the Panasonic to get cheaper. The release of the TS2 is just around the corner. I was told by Panasonic that it would be mid to end of april.

The Olympus 8010 is suppose to overtake the market in that area. Relased on the same estimate as the TS2.

Just thought i would give you some food for thought if you didnt already know...

Billy_Billions
03-25-2010, 09:48 PM
Cheers - yeah...I've done a little research myself and the panasonic is easily the best out there. I've seen some stunning underwater video taken with it. I'm not sure about the TS2 though.

I wish they'd just come out with something that does full 1080p.