PDA

View Full Version : Petition to stop stupid petitions

Spoons
03-25-2010, 02:12 PM
Seriously, beyond is getting fucking stupid with these posts now. Yeah yeah I can read past it, but I'm tired of cruising beyond, and then seeing some idiot bitch about his user rating.

Here is my idea:

1) You can ONLY ask for your user rating back in the thread already started found here (http://forums.beyond.ca/st/293656/increasing-the-user-rating/). Maybe merge it to a more official thread.
2) If you ask for your user rating back in any other thread, -1 %.
3) If you ask for your user rating back in the thread stated, but no pictures are posted immediately, -1%.
4) If you ask for your user rating back in the thread stated, but fake pictures are posted, -10%.
4) Every time you break said rules, it is exponentially increased. Second offence is -2% and then goes from there.

Really I think this will deter it, and while I am half joking about some, I think it's a decent idea. I'm tired of seeing people whining and complaining about their user ratings. It's like beyond is a fucking elementary school now.

To be honest, I know Nazi mods suck, but I think Beyond could go a little more hardcore with keeping the idiots out. Me and JRSC00LUDE had a discussion on it last time... A lot of good users, ones that actually give back to the community just lurk now because of all the BS.

QuasarCav
03-25-2010, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Spoons

I'm going to have to agree.

I used to post on Beyond a lot, tried to make it out to as many events as possible, help out, etc.

Now I lurk Beyond, post every now and again, and me moving away I can't go to events, but I mainly stopped doing all this stuff because Beyond has turned into a bunch of people who complain over the smallest thing (maybe I am right now lol) and just bash.

All I do now is lurk in Automotive, dip ever so slightly into General, see whats up, and leave.

Only my 2 cents though.

Sounds like you've gone full circle on this one.

Spoons
03-25-2010, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by QuasarCav

Sounds like you've gone full circle on this one.

Because I did for awhile. I post more now because I've got more free time. Yeah maybe I'm not the most helpful, but I try to help out as much as I can. I've helped set up DTP a few times.

Yeah I am complaining, but I think it's an honest idea.

scat19
03-25-2010, 02:42 PM
I also hate the "WHAT CAR SHOULD I BUY" threads.

JfuckinC
03-25-2010, 02:52 PM
I hate post's by spoons and scat19, i'd ignore them, but that would take away half the posts i read in a day :rofl:

300zxfairlday
03-25-2010, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by JfuckinC
I hate post's by spoons and scat19, i'd ignore them, but that would take away half the posts i read in a day :rofl:
QFTW

Spoons
03-25-2010, 04:05 PM

Hey, it's my fucking Birthday, I can complain all I want today.

... And my post is 0.63, you could ignore me and you wouldn't even notice.

arian_ma
03-25-2010, 04:22 PM
Hahahahahahaha

Wrinkly
03-25-2010, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by scat19
I also hate the "WHAT CAR SHOULD I BUY" threads.

That's ridiculous - it's a bloody car forum! Seems like just the place to ask for opinions and advice on vehicles. If you keep an open mind, you can learn from those threads as someone who is familiar with a certain brand/model can offer useful knowledge or insight into it.

Any topic that isn't to your liking you don't have to read.