PDA

View Full Version : Documenting the Peace Bridge photo question.

bksze
03-26-2010, 10:22 AM
My condo has a view of the site of the peace bridge. I figured I would take a picture every day until it's done to document the work. I'm about a week behind as it sits, as they're actually pretty quick with everything. Already leveled the site and set up the fences preventing pedestrian traffic.

I'm wondering what's the best way for me to go about this?

I have a back up rebel, I can dedicate 100% to the cause. However how do I ensure I'm taking it from the exact same vantage point? Even if I use a tripod and mark the spots on my floor of where I set it, every time I take the camera off to charge it, I will have to reposition to ensure the same vantage point.

Been thinking about it for the last few days and haven't come up with anything ingenious. Any ideas?

KKY
03-26-2010, 11:15 AM
Does your tripod head have a quick release plate? If it does you shouldn't have to readjust the angle every time. And shouldn't you be able to change out the battery without removing the camera from the tripod?

Other then that. Just make sure you have your camera is on manual everything. Shoot RAW. Tape the tripod down or something to make sure it doesn't move.