PDA

View Full Version : Quinn Security, Calgary... NEVER GO THERE!

2triple6
03-26-2010, 11:16 PM
I have a 2009 Ford F-150 Supercrew and brought it to Quinn today to have them install an OEM back-up camera/mirror. I supplied the items and was quoted 2-3 hours of work @ $88.00/hour. I was told that until they start on the work will they have a better idea on how long it will take them to complete the install. And to quote their rep: "3 hours should be enough and we'll get it working". It as already late in the afternoon that I decided to give them a call and check on the status of my truck, as I obviously did not get a call from them. I was told that it was ready and I could come and pick it up. And so did I and the frustration quickly set in! The guy said that it took them 3 hours to install the back-up camera/mirror but it doesn't work. I thought he was kidding but when I tried it, it actually does not work! Quinn Security just installed the items and did not even bother to check why it did not work! He even said that the camera is defective but I highly doubt that. So, for you people out there... if you have electronic equipment that you own and want these installed in your vehicles, SAVE YOURSELVES THE TROUBLE BY NOT CALLING QUINN!!! They will do the install but whether it works or not is a different story. They are absolutely NOT the electrical gods they claim they are! I hope that this post will save you the grief that I experienced dealing with Quinn Security, Calgary. For the amount of money I paid them and they didn't get it working, that, in my opinion if a total rip-off!

dj_rice
03-26-2010, 11:19 PM
Why not??I won a free alarm from them so they have to be legit and good ;)

futurecivic
03-26-2010, 11:24 PM
im so suprised that they are still in business after all the reviews on line. :dunno:

Thaco
03-26-2010, 11:26 PM
i called them about a basic remote start on my car, they quoted me $600, i laughed at them, they said nobody could do it for cheaper because of the security bypass, i went to autotech, who did it for $350... and i dont know what Quinn meant about "working" because i get in to a warm car every day :)

schocker
03-26-2010, 11:26 PM
Wait a second, are you telling me that the guys that created this viper are not capable of doing quality work.

http://i40.tinypic.com/2n7leu1.jpg

alpineguy
03-26-2010, 11:32 PM
that viper was done like 9 years ago when they were good

Graham_A_M
03-26-2010, 11:36 PM
So you mean their infallible ability to fix electrical gremlins was obviously a complete lie? :facepalm:

Disoblige
03-26-2010, 11:37 PM
LOL!! I see some cars with this "Team Quinn" decal and I wondered wtf it is. Now I know..

sjaswal
03-26-2010, 11:46 PM
so, did you get the camera working?

schocker
03-27-2010, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by alpineguy
that viper was done like 9 years ago when they were good
Wait, are you sure you have seen this car before :rofl:
I make sure to take a picture every year.

Their testimonials though......:facepalm:

Security

“She’s happy she found us...”
Customer name

Remote Starter

“Now it works...”
Customer name

Anti-Theft

“Didn’t know what they bought...”
Customer name

Electrical Repair

“Five years of trying to fix...”
Customer name

Custom Features

“Night rider lightng...”
Customer name

AndyL
06-11-2010, 02:57 PM
Little bump - after I just ripped one of their systems out of a friends truck... Truck had for some reason earned the name Christine - randomly starting up and running for hours...

Funny that - my neighbour started his nissan up with the remote start, started this friends truck too... Another friend came by - also with a quinn remote starter (he removed his long ago just happened to still have a remote)... Started this truck...

:thumbsup: High quality equipment they install there... :facepalm:

max_boost
06-11-2010, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by futurecivic
im so suprised that they are still in business after all the reviews on line. :dunno:

It's beyond comprehension how they are in business.

ARA Automotive is another great place for any thing alarm/stereo/electrical related.

Xtrema
06-11-2010, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by futurecivic

wow, did these people never heard of google?

GQNammer
06-11-2010, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by AndyL
Little bump - after I just ripped one of their systems out of a friends truck... Truck had for some reason earned the name Christine - randomly starting up and running for hours...

Funny that - my neighbour started his nissan up with the remote start, started this friends truck too... Another friend came by - also with a quinn remote starter (he removed his long ago just happened to still have a remote)... Started this truck...

:thumbsup: High quality equipment they install there... :facepalm:

After 3-4 attempts of reading this post, I finally understood it. I for one would be helluva pissed if my car just 'started' for no reason and ran for hours. I'd go to Quinn's and defintely request them to fix it, or at least go to a different installer.

AndyL
06-11-2010, 05:53 PM
Heh, who would willingly let quinn work on their vehicle? Friend didn't know it was in there, better just to eliminate the headache :)