PDA

View Full Version : jdm motor imports in Calgary

schmooot
03-27-2010, 05:18 PM
Has anybody ever bought a vehicle from them in the past?
If so did you have any paperwork problems?

Did the company go belly up cuz I can't seem to get a hold of them? Any info at all would help

v2kai
03-27-2010, 08:14 PM
jdmsource you cant go wrong, dunno what happened to the other guys

Twin_Cam_Turbo
03-27-2010, 08:19 PM
I bought a car for them, and I asked for the OOP papers to be faxed over before I picked it up. They took forever to do it and I had to call several times.

schmooot
03-27-2010, 08:47 PM
I bought a car from them back in September and just got around to trying to register and insure it right now but apparently I'm missing a whole bunch of critical paperwork. I'm trying to get a hold of the guy but the shop number as well as the toll free number are both out of service. I'm kind of in a pickle because I need the papers that they should have

CivicTunr
03-27-2010, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by v2kai
jdmsource you cant go wrong, dunno what happened to the other guys

+1 with jdmsource, he stands behind what he sells.

schmooot
03-28-2010, 11:21 AM
look I don't need to know about other better companies. I am desperately trying to get a hold of jdm motor imports. All I need to know is does this company still exist?

If they do how can I get a hold of them?

BenC
03-28-2010, 11:28 AM
I think they ran out of business. Unless they moved they're not where they were

jdmsource
03-28-2010, 11:35 AM
Op, what papers do you need that wasn't provided?

CelicaST-162
03-28-2010, 11:36 AM
I went over to their shop, looks like they're packed up.

schmooot
03-28-2010, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by jdmsource
Op, what papers do you need that wasn't provided?

They shipped the car to me here in BC and the only papers that came with it were a bill of sale and the Vehicle Import Form (Form 1). Apparently the car was never registered in AB either

ICBC however requires a few more things in order for me to register and insure the car here in BC

I need the original form 1, Exporter Certificate, and translation

I also need a Customs form B15/B3 to prove that Tax's where paid at Canada customs..
and a Bill of sale from the Japan owner to JDM motor imports

I am unsure of how registration works in AB but if its easier I may just bring the car back to AB and have it registered there...I'm in a bit of a situation

Kittens11
03-28-2010, 12:09 PM
Ya you do not need any of that stuff here as far as i know. My buddy just insured a jdm eg6 and besides his insurance company taking a few photos of it, wasn't any harder than insuring/registering a domestic.

jdmsource
03-28-2010, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by schmooot

They shipped the car to me here in BC and the only papers that came with it were a bill of sale and the Vehicle Import Form (Form 1). Apparently the car was never registered in AB either

ICBC however requires a few more things in order for me to register and insure the car here in BC

I need the original form 1, Exporter Certificate, and translation

I also need a Customs form B15/B3 to prove that Tax's where paid at Canada customs..
and a Bill of sale from the Japan owner to JDM motor imports

I am unsure of how registration works in AB but if its easier I may just bring the car back to AB and have it registered there...I'm in a bit of a situation
wow that's alot of stuff they require, I have sold a few cars in bc and did not require anything other than a bill of sale and the form1. You mentioned you got the form 1 but thy require something else to show the taxes and duties were paid? Lol that's pretty retarded of icbc because there should be 2 stamps on that form 1, and they will not stamp it and clear it until all duty and taxes have been paid, as for their bill of sale I don't any company would disclose what they paid for it in japan to a customer.

The only advice I can offer is maybe contact a Canada customs office and see if they can get you all the things icbc is asking?

schmooot
03-28-2010, 01:31 PM

wow that's alot of stuff they require, I have sold a few cars in bc and did not require anything other than a bill of sale and the form1. You mentioned you got the form 1 but thy require something else to show the taxes and duties were paid? Lol that's pretty retarded of icbc because there should be 2 stamps on that form 1, and they will not stamp it and clear it until all duty and taxes have been paid, as for their bill of sale I don't any company would disclose what they paid for it in japan to a customer.

The only advice I can offer is maybe contact a Canada customs office and see if they can get you all the things icbc is asking?

I do still need to find the original form 1 as the one I have is just a copy. I will try to get a hold of someone at customs tomorrow to see if I can get any other paperwork....but finding the originals may prove to be a problem.

Can I not just "sell" the car to someone in AB and get them to register it with the papers I do have and then they can "sell" it back to me?

Or do I still require more paperwork to even register it in AB?

I believe that my main issue here is that the car has never been registered in Canada...once it is registered then I'm pretty sure transfer of ownership to myself in BC is very standard stuff.

Second question is will the car need to be in AB in order for the "owner" to register it?

schmooot
03-28-2010, 01:32 PM

You mentioned you got the form 1 but thy require something else to show the taxes and duties were paid?

Someone on the ivoac forums who lives here in BC told me I would require that so :dunno:

Nissan_Fanboy
03-28-2010, 01:35 PM
I bought rims from there, asked him if they would fit a 300zx front and rear twin turbo ...
told me he fitted them on his and everything.
guess what
they didn't fit

SRT10Killer
03-28-2010, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by Nissan_Fanboy
I bought rims from there, asked him if they would fit a 300zx front and rear twin turbo ...
told me he fitted them on his and everything.
guess what
they didn't fit

that's mostly your fault because you didn't check beforehand

SRT10Killer
03-28-2010, 06:46 PM
their number is 403-471-6373

schmooot
03-28-2010, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by SRT10Killer
their number is 403-471-6373 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting______________403-471-6373______end_of_the_skype_highlighting

wow that's great thank you, I will try them tomorrow

moka989
03-28-2010, 07:33 PM
i just needed bill of sale, i brought in the import papers but he didnt even need them.

I AM NOT SURE, but by the sounds of it (what my dealer told me) is that he put it into the system?? wtf does that mean? so when i go to insure it there wont be any problems.

Never an issue in AB for me. (ama insurance)

inline6turbo
03-28-2010, 07:33 PM
You'll need to hunt down the original Form 1 if the car wasn't activated in Alberta. You'll also need another OOP.

Pray it was activated here, if the car was you're probably best coming back to Alberta and registering but when I went last week and registered a car that just landed they required the translated export certificate as well, which was new to me. I'd say call a registries here with the VIN, ask if it's activated. Then all you need is insurance to get registered.

inline6turbo
03-28-2010, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by moka989
i just needed bill of sale, i brought in the import papers but he didnt even need them.

I AM NOT SURE, but by the sounds of it (what my dealer told me) is that he put it into the system?? wtf does that mean? so when i go to insure it there wont be any problems.

Never an issue in AB for me. (ama insurance)

In the system means activated so all you need is insurance to get registration because all the other paperwork has already been submitted

Freestylin
03-28-2010, 07:38 PM
Not related to topic at all..but schmoot were you part of 4gcelica.org a longggg time ago? I think I recognize your username.

schmooot
03-28-2010, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by Freestylin
Not related to topic at all..but schmoot were you part of 4gcelica.org a longggg time ago? I think I recognize your username.

yes and still am..though I sold my 4g just a month ago

schmooot
03-29-2010, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by inline6turbo
You'll need to hunt down the original Form 1 if the car wasn't activated in Alberta. You'll also need another OOP.

Pray it was activated here, if the car was you're probably best coming back to Alberta and registering but when I went last week and registered a car that just landed they required the translated export certificate as well, which was new to me. I'd say call a registries here with the VIN, ask if it's activated. Then all you need is insurance to get registered.
anybody have a number I can call to see if it has been activated or not?

I'm sorry I really have no idea how vehicle reg and insurance stuff works in AB...I'm a BC boy

inline6turbo
03-29-2010, 08:29 AM
Call a registries office in alberta with your vin number.... there's dozens of them, google search

HillBilly
03-29-2010, 01:02 PM
I bought a Fairlady from them a while back... would not recommend. Bad experience...

schmooot
03-29-2010, 01:10 PM
well I found an autoplan agent in town that "assured" me that all he needed was the bill of sale and OOP inspection paper and he could make it all happen...the only requirement is I get a day permit and bring the car to him so he can match the VIN. He seemed to know what he was talking about as he said he had just brought in a car of his own so we will find out on saturday if I get screwed out of my $27 for the permit

I also called ALberta registries with the VIN and they assured me the car has been activated...so that is a bit of a weight off my shoulders. Still waiting to hear back from the company

jdmsource
03-29-2010, 01:21 PM
well I found an autoplan agent in town that "assured" me that all he needed was the bill of sale and OOP inspection paper and he could make it all happen...the only requirement is I get a day permit and bring the car to him so he can match the VIN. He seemed to know what he was talking about as he said he had just brought in a car of his own so we will find out on saturday if I get screwed out of my $27 for the permit

I also called ALberta registries with the VIN and they assured me the car has been activated...so that is a bit of a weight off my shoulders. Still waiting to hear back from the company

if AB registy told you it has been activated then that would explain why you only would have a copy of the the Form1 and not original as it was submitted with the OOP

inline6turbo
03-29-2010, 01:23 PM
^:werd:

schmooot
03-29-2010, 01:49 PM

if AB registy told you it has been activated then that would explain why you only would have a copy of the the Form1 and not original as it was submitted with the OOP

excellent, I guess Saturday will be the tell-all eh

schmooot
03-29-2010, 01:58 PM

I'm beginning to wonder how it passed OOP without DOT stamp on the headlights. I had to get new ones in order to pass my BC inspection.

Maybe that's why these guys aren't around any more

SRT10Killer
03-29-2010, 06:24 PM

I'm beginning to wonder how it passed OOP without DOT stamp on the headlights. I had to get new ones in order to pass my BC inspection.

Maybe that's why these guys aren't around any more

No, in BC the the OOP rules are MUCH more strict, here in Alberta 99% of the shops will pass you without DOT stamps. I believe the GT4 headlights are DOT stamped, everything was when I had mine

schmooot
03-29-2010, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by SRT10Killer

No, in BC the the OOP rules are MUCH more strict, here in Alberta 99% of the shops will pass you without DOT stamps. I believe the GT4 headlights are DOT stamped, everything was when I had mine

hmmm mine certainly weren't. No E code either