PDA

View Full Version : Wacken: Open Air Festival?

megafandrew
03-28-2010, 03:03 PM
Not sure how many of you guys enjoy heavy metal and the like related different genre's of it, but has anyone ever heard of the Wacken festival or attended it or have you ever planned to attend it?

http://www.wacken.com/

Its been around a long time and Ive known about it for a while, I do enjoy other types of music as well so Im not a crazy heavy metal but I do like alot of bands outside the mainstream (metallica etc are the obvious of anyone) they always have good bands like iron maiden, acdc, megadeth killswitch engage, slayer, in flames, all that remains and all kinds of others.

So anyone ever think about going to it. Only problem is its in Germany, it costs quite a bit of $$ to get over there, but if your truly into it I heard its unforgetable and an experience you wont get with any other hardrock/metal festival. I found an interesting facebook group that try to join up every year there, there are campgrounds with big Canadian flags anyways to go over and meet fellow canadians etc. I have also learn't that alot of German people there as well as festival organizers/security etc can speak a decent fluent english and there are special tour bus groups and stuff for foreigners to Europe. I dont think I can afford this year but I will be going in the next coming years sometime or another Ive got a few people that may or may not join me, some more just to see Germany and the surrounding countries lol but still good! :clap: