PDA

View Full Version : Who is your gas provider and do you like them?

Cos
03-28-2010, 07:00 PM

Amysicle
03-28-2010, 07:19 PM
Atco does the meter readings but doesn't actually "sell" the gas to you. At least that's what the Atco rep told me over the phone. Enmax or Direct Energy seems to be your best bet.

Whatever you do, avoid Alberta Energy Savings aka Just Energy Savings like the plague.

Cos
03-28-2010, 07:23 PM

Dilmah
03-28-2010, 07:29 PM
Direct energy. Stay away. Google Direct Energy Scam. I think you should come up with something.

Amysicle
03-28-2010, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by Cos
Ah is it maybe alberta energy savings instead of direct energy? According to someone I know, there is a division of Direct Energy that locks you into a contract that is just as bad as AES and you'll have to watch out for that because they do go door to door to switch you over for "great" savings.

They showed me their bill which was blue instead of the pink one I currently get from Direct Energy and they were locked into a $7+/GJ rate and had a pay a huge cancellation fee to switch back to Direct Energy's floating rate.

Haven't heard a bad thing about Enmax though.

sr20s14zenki
03-28-2010, 07:39 PM
Im with direct energy, i have the blue bill, combined electricity and gas. Have no problems with them, i have the floating rate plan, no contract.

eblend
03-29-2010, 06:29 AM
If it is a new account I don't think you have much choise, you have to go with them first, and 2 month later you can switch to Easy Max from enmax. This is what Enmax told me when I was setting it all up with them. It is almost like you have to establish an account with Direct Energy and then Enmax just takes over those payments, and you pay Enmax instead (probably with a slight premium)