PDA

View Full Version : resort/beachy place near hong kong

autumnrain
03-29-2010, 04:03 PM
hi guys,

I wanted to go to thailand for a couple days but since it probably not the most safest place right now. where else is close to hong kong but has a very beachy resrot feeling, (like mexico and cuba)

Bali seems to be too far and expensive.

autumnrain
03-29-2010, 04:06 PM
oh Boracay, phillipinnes sounds interesting.
anyone been there before?

l/l/rX
03-29-2010, 04:08 PM
Bali is cheap man. If you use discount airlines and you don't mind a layover in malaysia you can get there for $300 return. I just did it not long ago. Of course you have to create your own flight and they do not take responsibility if you miss your connecting. This whole trip i think takes about 7-8 hours, but 12 on the way back due to the time difference.

OR you can spend $700 and get a direct flight to Bali and be there in 4 hours.

And then once you get to bali we only spent about $600 usd each, for 7 days, thats including hotel, food, party, water sports, mopeds and other misc things. We by no means were sparse with our money. Just spent it as we needed to, but of course we did try to look for the cheapest prices on things, bargaining etc.

Edit: in the Kuta/ legian region of Bali, you feel like you're in Oz, there are something like 1.2 million aussies in bali at any point in time. If you want a more local feeling you go more inland away from the beach.

civic_ek4
03-29-2010, 09:21 PM
you will be safe in thailand just don't go near the capital.

roopi
03-29-2010, 09:29 PM
You can go to Sanya, China but you'll need a Chinese Visa. I'm not sure about the cost from Hong Kong but if you go through China from Guangzhou you can travel via ferry or plane and it is pretty cheap to get to Guangzhou.

From Hong Kong you can take a bus as well and the cost is in the $60-80 USD range but it take 16 hours.

gkAeris
03-30-2010, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by autumnrain
oh Boracay, phillipinnes sounds interesting.
anyone been there before?

you do know i was at boracay right mich? lol, its kinda boring island, just the regular things to do beachy and stuff, i would say sanya is better like roopi, in china, and you have your visa already.

sputnik
03-30-2010, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by l/l/rX
This whole trip i think takes about 7-8 hours, but 12 on the way back due to the time difference.

:rofl:

FiveFreshFish
03-30-2010, 07:46 PM
Ishigaki, Japan is tropical and is just east of Taiwan.