PDA

View Full Version : Anybody got Veneers?

Jlude
03-29-2010, 08:34 PM
I guess this might be the right section for this.

Has anybody on here gotten veneers? I'm planning on getting some and wanted to hear some experiences/costs.

I've been told/quoted 1k/tooth. Planning on getting 6 done. I don't really need them, but my teeth are less than perfect from being young and stupid (sports, fighting).

TIA

CMW403
03-29-2010, 08:57 PM
my girlfriend has veneers. 1000/tooth is correct and apparently it hurts, but its worth it. they look really good.

Jlude
03-29-2010, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by CMW403
my girlfriend has veneers. 1000/tooth is correct and apparently it hurts, but its worth it. they look really good.

Ya, they have to rough up your teeth for the adhesive to stick.

kaput
03-29-2010, 09:37 PM

in*10*se
03-29-2010, 11:45 PM
pfft i'd go braces. :p

or else you can go implants which are 7k an implant if you're baller ;)

swak
03-29-2010, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by in*10*se

Ive seriously considered implants for one of my teeth.. Price is crazy expensive though..

10 years, it should go down... Well, lets hope.

chkolny541
03-30-2010, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by in*10*se

veneers =/=anything close to braces, braces straighten teeth, veneers make a tooth look aesthetically nice if its damaged or discolored

my mom got i think 4 done a few years back, the results are incredible, she didnt really complain about too much pain :dunno:

gqmw
03-30-2010, 02:37 AM
How many teeth do people usually get done?

I assume they wouldn't fix every one of them....especially the back molars that nobody would see.

Jlude
03-30-2010, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by gqmw
How many teeth do people usually get done?

I assume they wouldn't fix every one of them....especially the back molars that nobody would see.

You only get the teeth done that are visible. No sense in spending a grand on a veneer that is never gonna be seen.

Myself, I'll be getting the top 6 and maybe bottom 6 done.

They have to be done in multiples of 2, or at least that's the rule of thumb.

Tik-Tok
03-30-2010, 11:25 AM
Just remember, you have to replace them in 5-10 years... that's a lot of money over a lifetime.

JordanLotoski
03-30-2010, 11:27 AM
my wifes had them for over 6 years now and no issues.

Weapon_R
03-30-2010, 12:10 PM
What's it like to eat with them?

bimmere92
03-30-2010, 01:31 PM
wow, just looked into this... seems like a good option for people not satisfied with their teeth.

just curious, does insurance cover a portion of the costs for veneers? i assume not...

Jlude
03-30-2010, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by bimmere92
wow, just looked into this... seems like a good option for people not satisfied with their teeth.

just curious, does insurance cover a portion of the costs for veneers? i assume not...

Insurance does not cover veneers at all. Went in to get a consultation today... beyond would love me, I lowballed the Dentist! haha it was pretty funny. Looks like I'll be getting my jaw broken/realigned at the same time. Fun stuff.

GQBalla
03-30-2010, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by Jlude

Insurance does not cover veneers at all. Went in to get a consultation today... beyond would love me, I lowballed the Dentist! haha it was pretty funny. Looks like I'll be getting my jaw broken/realigned at the same time. Fun stuff.

lol how much did you lowball by?

did it work"?ahhah

Ukyo8
03-30-2010, 05:48 PM

Ya, they have to rough up your teeth for the adhesive to stick.

You could say that...

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs464.snc3/25510_372484901805_9980651805_4172172_7423517_n.jpg

anschutz_92
03-30-2010, 06:00 PM
Strong do not want. Lettuce be reality here, are your teeth really that bad that you can justify $6k out of your pocket on something so trivial?

Jlude
03-30-2010, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by GQBalla

lol how much did you lowball by?

did it work"?ahhah

I only joked with him... told him I'd give him 800/tooth cash in hand. He laughed and said "This isn't kijiji"

Originally posted by anschutz_92
Strong do not want. Lettuce be reality here, are your teeth really that bad that you can justify $6k out of your pocket on something so trivial?

My teeth are not really that bad, but they're not perfect.

Tik-Tok
03-31-2010, 07:22 AM

My teeth are not really that bad, but they're not perfect.

Think of it this way... when the zombie-pocalypse comes, and if you survive... you'll be fucked anyways when the veneers where off, and you can't eat, and someone will mistake you for a zombie with a god aweful grin like that and blow your brains out... just saying...

CCM Pro
04-01-2010, 02:45 PM
I have been thinking of this as well...it is a permanent procedure so I want to be 100% sure...any suggestions on where to go that is reputable? from all the research I have done people are adamant that you get it done from a TOP end dentist who has a lot of experience with it...apparently the results can be attributed to the dentist's workmanship.

VWEvo
04-01-2010, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by CCM Pro
I have been thinking of this as well...it is a permanent procedure so I want to be 100% sure...any suggestions on where to go that is reputable? from all the research I have done people are adamant that you get it done from a TOP end dentist who has a lot of experience with it...apparently the results can be attributed to the dentist's workmanship.
BINGO!! :thumbsup:

There are lots of reputable dentists in Calgary that do great esthetic work. Do not be fooled into thinking all dentists do this procedure equally. The dentists that do this well spend hundreds of hours learning the art, typically in the US (not always), and should have lots of previous cases to show. Also, the dentists that tend to be cheap, never have proper training. Do not hesitate to ask the dentist what their credentials are and where they got trained. There is a HUGE difference in the end result.

kaput
04-01-2010, 05:13 PM

B18C
04-02-2010, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by VWEvo

BINGO!! :thumbsup:

There are lots of reputable dentists in Calgary that do great esthetic work. Do not be fooled into thinking all dentists do this procedure equally. The dentists that do this well spend hundreds of hours learning the art, typically in the US (not always), and should have lots of previous cases to show. Also, the dentists that tend to be cheap, never have proper training. Do not hesitate to ask the dentist what their credentials are and where they got trained. There is a HUGE difference in the end result.

Couldn't have said it better myself :thumbsup:

Jlude
04-02-2010, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by Ukyo8

You could say that...

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs464.snc3/25510_372484901805_9980651805_4172172_7423517_n.jpg

I didn't realize they had to file them down that bad. That's pretty crazy.

B18C
04-02-2010, 11:55 PM

I didn't realize they had to file them down that bad. That's pretty crazy.

They don't all look like that. It depends on a whole bunch of factors like the alignment of your natural teeth, previous fillings, decay, aesthetic demand, bite, etc.

If your teeth are already reasonably aligned you can often go with minimal prep or even no prep veneers. Often with these there is so little reduction that you don't even need freezing or anything.

Just make sure you find a dentist that knows what he/she is doing and that you are comfortable with.

Jlude
04-04-2010, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by B18C

They don't all look like that. It depends on a whole bunch of factors like the alignment of your natural teeth, previous fillings, decay, aesthetic demand, bite, etc.

If your teeth are already reasonably aligned you can often go with minimal prep or even no prep veneers. Often with these there is so little reduction that you don't even need freezing or anything.

Just make sure you find a dentist that knows what he/she is doing and that you are comfortable with.

Ya, I'm gonna check out a few places. I need to have my jaw broken and realigned before I get the veneers (I don't think they can do them at the same time).