PDA

View Full Version : BGPR Race School

A|pine
03-30-2010, 01:41 AM
Comments? Any pre-school bike prep? Do you guys have collision?

How likely is it to bail during the track sessions?

Go4Long
04-02-2010, 08:35 PM
depends on your riding level...
if you're still learning the Too Cool Advanced Course is going to do you a lot more good.

However if you're comfortable getting off the bike, and find that you want more of an in depth knowledge of real track riding technique then the race school would be a great investment.

I'm not sure on the bike prep question, I think it's a pretty simple process for the school, but I'm sure someone else will comment on it.

The race school is a non timed event, check with your insurance if they will cover you if you bin it during a skill development course, and decide how to handle it from there.

You are only as likely to bail as you make yourself be. Ride within your limits and it's not likely at all, push yourself to far and there's always that chance. That being said, there's no better place to crash than the track. Medical personnel on site if something goes wrong, and nothing to slide in to or under for the most part.

Graham_A_M
04-03-2010, 10:59 AM
Email or Call Brad about it. All you need to do to make your bike (track day) ready is tape up the lights & Mirrors, and I think your rad cap as well. Probably a good idea to cover your speedo too, as its a mind-fuck & total distraction to eyeball just how fast you're ripping around turns.
:eek:
Brad is a fantastic teacher, and willing to accommodate any skill level really. If you feel comfortable taking turns at speed on your bike, then you should be good to go. He'll show you the proper technique for getting off your bike, and potentially putting your knee down if you're ready for that.

Oh yeah, and collision is probably a very wise idea! LOL, come up with a good alibi if you were to bail.
"Yeah this deer just ran out in front of me on the back roads" ;)

Make sure you obviously have all your gear, being a 1 or 2pcs suit, gloves, boots and a new(er) helmet at least

turbotrip
04-03-2010, 02:46 PM
^you might also want to check if you are allowed to run coolant in the bike

Graham_A_M
04-05-2010, 09:52 AM
For track time, you dont need your oil plug or rad cap to be safety wired, but for racing you do. He may have to tape it off though, as the racing school more or less comes down to a "track day"

Cos
04-05-2010, 09:55 AM
You cant run coolant (at least a couple years ago you couldnt).

I would either call brad or go onto CGP and ask the question. There are a few people on here on CGP but way more only on CGP who could help you out.

Graham_A_M
04-05-2010, 01:57 PM
^ I ran typical coolant everytime I hit the track over the last couple years, they didn't even ask about it.

SOAB
04-05-2010, 03:02 PM
you only need to drain your coolant if you're racing. for track days or schools, you won't.

Matlok77
04-05-2010, 06:19 PM
If in doubt... switch to Engine Ice. It's track legal and your bike runs cooler than stock. (In my experience)