PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Points Card

GenerationX
03-30-2010, 06:03 PM
I don't think this really fits into the video games, as it's not directly related to them. Today, I went to 7-11 to buy a 1400 microsoft points card.

I got home and tried it, didn't work, and said it wasn't activated yet. I go return it and they gave me another one. Now this one doesn't work either. They said to give it a couple hours, because some system was "upgrading". It has now been a day, and it still doesn't work.

I have the receipt and everything, and they said they won't return it, even though they sold me something that won't work.

EvolizePhoto
03-30-2010, 06:04 PM
maybe you should go outside and play. sheesh kids these days.

spikerS
03-30-2010, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by EvolizePhoto
maybe you should go outside and play. sheesh kids these days.

did you get your 3 Xbox 360s back from microsoft yet?

clem24
03-31-2010, 10:30 AM
AFAIK you don't need to activate points cards. Just break the seal and punch in the card number. I never even knew Sev started selling these. Sounds kind of sketchy.

Tik-Tok
03-31-2010, 10:34 AM
Try putting the number on the xboxlive website on computer, instead of through your xbox, see if that works. I bought some points online yesterday, and it took a few tries.

EvolizePhoto
03-31-2010, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by spikers

did you get your 3 Xbox 360s back from microsoft yet? I haven't even shipped them out yet, the first three are MIA. I had 6 so I don't know wtf is going on.

Thaco
03-31-2010, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by EvolizePhoto
I haven't even shipped them out yet, the first three are MIA. I had 6 so I don't know wtf is going on. so you have 6 xboxs and you're telling the OP to go outside? hypocrite much?

Tomaz
03-31-2010, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by Thaco
so you have 6 xboxs and you're telling the OP to go outside? hypocrite much?

He obviously cannot play all 6 a once, DUH!:rolleyes:

OP, shitty deal. but it should just enter in with no problems. Try taking it back again :dunno:

stevieo
03-31-2010, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Thaco
so you have 6 xboxs and you're telling the OP to go outside? hypocrite much?

its different scenario...he doesn't have a job thus he can stay home play xbox all he wants :rofl:

FraserB
03-31-2010, 11:52 AM
Which one did you buy them from? as long as you have the receipt from the till and the activation slip you can return it.

The ones you buy at 7/11 have to be processed through Datawave since it would be retarded to have activated cards in the shelf. There are sometimes problems with the activation.

beecue
03-31-2010, 12:36 PM
Adding points wasn't working yesterday because of the Stimulus package mess. They also might be US points cards. :dunno:

EDIT:

Microsoft says the title update and matchmaking issues were resolved shortly after 11AM Pacific, but there are still issues with purchased point cards not activating online.

"Some cards that were properly activated at the retailer are reporting back to us as not having been activated yet," Microsoft said. "You haven't done anything wrong, you won't lose your money, and you don't need to go back to the store – just hang in there and try again in a few hours."

http://xboxlive.ign.com/articles/108/1081065p1.html