PDA

View Full Version : beyondfest 04

sandman
12-05-2003, 07:13 PM
jus an idea
for new years my friend and desi were gonna rent out a warehouse, or something liek that, hav a party there, charge cover, and get a liqour liscence to serve liqs till 2 am,
now if some1 off beyond can find a good location, and we charge say 10 bux to get in, after the cost of the event split the profit w/ beyond the admins us as long as we can use beyond for some good coverage?
again jsu an idea:clap:

sandman
12-05-2003, 07:14 PM
also open to ideas if we should hav it all ages or jus 18+ and wrist bands for minors,
leaning towards 18+ tho

GTS Jeff
12-05-2003, 09:53 PM
it could be fun, but it might be bad publicity for beyond.

sandman
12-05-2003, 10:08 PM
it could go either way, if every1 jus chills, has a wicked time, but doesnt get into big fights, starts driving drunk etc, then we're golden
we could even donate 5% of profits to a local cause?

DeSi
12-06-2003, 09:34 AM
the thing is, security will be tight, so it really won't be a good idea to fight in the first place. ne ways the only other decent new years party is gonna be at palace and you all prolly know how many fights r gonna happen there.

ryder_23
12-06-2003, 12:21 PM
^
palace is shitty

Sandman is it really that easy to get a temporary liquor liscence? :dunno: was always wondering myself. What kinda prices for liquor you talkin here.

sandman
12-06-2003, 01:34 PM
ill giv detials on liquor by the end of 2nite, got my rels201 last exam in like 30 mins, time to book it :burnout:

Ben
12-06-2003, 03:45 PM
Way too late to start organizing something like that IMO.

Fluidic
12-06-2003, 04:41 PM
As fun as this sounds -- I'm with Ben -- no way you're going to get a liquor liscence, find a warehouse and all of the other shit that's involved in organizing something of this size by the end of the month.

However, prove us wrong and you'll be the king :bigpimp:.

:)

sandman
12-06-2003, 04:46 PM
haha yea we thought this up like in noivember, but i didnt think making it intertwined with beyond
but if we can get enough interest
then its doable
maybe rent out a club, area's been doin really shitty lately
and then they can make money themsleves off drinks and a liquor liscence my issue then
as long as even 200-300 show, we'll b able to do it, it wouldnt even amtter if there was a huge profit off this particular event, i jus dont wanna pay like 40 bux for a new years party liek other places are chargeing :rofl:

so does area sound good? :clap:

sandman
12-06-2003, 11:57 PM
wold a lotta ppl b willing?
even if theres an outcome of 200 ppl, we can get this going

Danger_Mouse
12-07-2003, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by sandman
also open to ideas if we should hav it all ages or jus 18+ and wrist bands for minors,
leaning towards 18+ tho

Yea, preferably wristbands for 18+++ people... since us youngens could easily rip em off....

OHH SHIT.. I mean.. yeaaaaaaa

Danger_Mouse
12-07-2003, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by sandman
wold a lotta ppl b willing?
even if theres an outcome of 200 ppl, we can get this going

As long as its all ages..... well... like 16 or 17+.... cause I can bring a shitload of 17 year olds.... not that anyone really wants a shitload of 17 year olds or anything... lol

sandman
12-07-2003, 02:20 AM
ahha, wristbands or then stamps, plus if u look like ur fucking 14 then no liquor for u
i think jus a 18+ would b easier
only thing id b worried about is beyond is like 90% male, so all guys bring in girls too
or ring in the new year discussing ur project cars w/ ohter guys

Triptronic
12-07-2003, 01:04 PM
Ya has to be over 18! all ages sucks man haha

DeSi
12-07-2003, 08:08 PM
its NOT going to be all motherfi'n ages.

sandman
12-07-2003, 10:11 PM
yea, clubs are oput thgo, we need a quick way for ;liq, or if we do this way, byob, and ppl cann sell beer there if they want, coz we hav a diff place now, a "dance studio"
decent place to do it
now all we need is to see if we can get a good response
liquor bring ur own, its cheaper, we might bring a bunch and "privately" sell some

itsnotaDUB
12-07-2003, 10:48 PM
it might be alright

DUBBED
12-07-2003, 11:03 PM
you could always just get a community centre and kegs and then just charge $15 to get in and beer is free...

then you wouldnt need a liquor lisence... as far as i know?!?!

i wouldnt go for new years though... usually people tend to chill with friends or hang out with a group... i know in my case it would be hard for me to convince my friends to go to something like this on new years...

ps if you need some djs i can hook a coupe hip hop sets up

sandman
12-07-2003, 11:47 PM
community centre, fucking wicked idea man, well, a group beyond thing like i said, if we can get a good response then its a go, good way to raise some money for the forum andme :D, ill know about the comm. centre thing by 2morrow
thanx :thumbsup:

Ben
12-08-2003, 03:40 AM
Good luck renting stuff out for anything less than PREMIUM pricing for new-years this late in the year. Christmas and newyears parties are often booked, ticketed and planned many months in advance. Perhapse when you call tomorrow, look into NewYears 2005!

sandman
12-09-2003, 03:18 AM
:rofl: ya dude,
i thnk for new years its a no go
hey cant blame for me trying tho, itd b good publicity, a good way to gett he forum some cash too

wat about an after new years / back to school bash? any interest in that or should i jus wait for a real occasion w/ porper prepping ?