PDA

View Full Version : Finding 300zx car parts in Calgary

shin0bi
03-30-2010, 11:31 PM
Hey everyone.
Are there any hidden gems when it comes to finding local parts for older/import cars?
I want to avoid the Ebay route if possible.
Pick n' Pull doesn't have 300zx's in stock too often and when they do, they are usually shredded apart within hours.
Just looking for some a few bits and pieces.

(Or perhaps someone on Beyond happens to be parting out a Z32?)

Thoughts?

g-m
03-31-2010, 01:44 AM
obviously you didn't search

Vanner
03-31-2010, 06:25 AM
The best sources are the country junkyards - I'm talking about these yards OUT of Calgary. All the local yards within this city (or any major city) usually got stripped out pretty fast. I usually use the local yards for more cheap common parts - like my van.

The country yards on the other hand - most older cars retain a lot of hard-to-find parts still there for YEARS! Trust me, I've been doing that for many years on my parts hunting. ;)

That 300zx models - they're out somewhere there! You want to find parts, get off the chair and drive out there and start search for these yards! Hard work do pay off, you know?

Thar's how I did that way and I have my list recording the yards, made out from my past trips.

Mr.William
03-31-2010, 08:32 AM
What parts do you need ?

Tarrantula
03-31-2010, 08:38 AM
Honestly when I had mine.. I ebay'd Everything. Its cheap, and if you need lots of parts usually you can get combined shipping.

Or if you are lucky like Kloubek, you can get them from me for almost free. ha ha ha.

(im all out of free parts now though)

ercchry
03-31-2010, 08:50 AM
4xToys in lethbridge normally has a Z or two, give them a call

g-m
03-31-2010, 03:21 PM
seriously there is like this exact thread except with better information like 2 pages back. You're just lazy

Nissan_Fanboy
04-05-2010, 01:05 PM
If anyone could help me out,
i basically need an entire rear end out of a 300zx,
control arms, everything. no diff though.

So:
Entire Rear End
- Control Arms
- Struts and everything
- Or if anyone has the parts to fix the compelte left side of a z32 TT
Drive Shaft
Left Side Brake Line

Thanks guys

Hit me up with a PM if you got any info where i can get these things.
I heard the place in lethbridge is mostly non turbos

Vanner
04-05-2010, 06:59 PM
Nissan_Fanboy ... I'll see about checking your needs on my next trip in May as I'll be going out of Calgary for a couple of yards to hit. All I will do is take few photos and pass to you here.

I don't do stripping out parts for free, ya know? Unless I get paid first and you pay for the parts first. That's the way business works - sorry, but I had got burned before in the past.

Good Luck whenever if you got these parts! :thumbsup:

I remembered that I have lot of photos taken from my past yard trips. Here is one showing a 1970s Datsun 200sx - just to give you an idea is all. Lots of imports in there.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v359/Civic76/Manga%20scans/NewAuctions-photos310.jpg

Vanner
04-07-2010, 06:12 AM
What year model is your 300zx? 1984 ... 1985 or 1986?

Nissan_Fanboy
04-10-2010, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by Vanner
Nissan_Fanboy ... I'll see about checking your needs on my next trip in May as I'll be going out of Calgary for a couple of yards to hit. All I will do is take few photos and pass to you here.

I don't do stripping out parts for free, ya know? Unless I get paid first and you pay for the parts first. That's the way business works - sorry, but I had got burned before in the past.

Good Luck whenever if you got these parts! :thumbsup:

I remembered that I have lot of photos taken from my past yard trips. Here is one showing a 1970s Datsun 200sx - just to give you an idea is all. Lots of imports in there.

Alright thanks man, send me a PM or something later on.