PDA

View Full Version : iPod hardwire adapter install

princeaidin
03-31-2010, 01:11 AM
So since I am SOL in being an idiot and getting a TL without navigation, well it wouldn't have helped in this case but still.

I wanted to know does anyone know anywhere to purchase and get a good hardwired aux adapter, or at the very least an ipod adaptor. I'd prefer aux but if I can get iPod with stereo controls that would be sick too.

OH! and this is other than FUTURE SHOP and BEST BUY

scat19
03-31-2010, 07:37 AM
Does the TL headunit have AUX-IN on the back? Perhaps some pins you could use?

Splkia
03-31-2010, 08:02 AM
What year is your TL

core_upt
03-31-2010, 08:29 AM
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ebaymotors/Acura-TL-04-06-iPod-radio-interface-aux-adapter-w-TEXT-/270371572551

princeaidin
03-31-2010, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by scat19
Does the TL headunit have AUX-IN on the back? Perhaps some pins you could use?

I'm not sure on that one. I am really not very good with car electronics at all.

Originally posted by Splkia
What year is your TL

Its a 2006, without Navi.

Originally posted by core_upt
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ebaymotors/Acura...T-/270371572551

Thanks, but I was looking for somewhere in Calgary that I could get it installed, and then worry about buying it later. It also says on that one that it doesn't work with factory cdchangers and the TL's come with a 6 disk changer built in.

FiveFreshFish
03-31-2010, 08:46 PM
I bought mine from enfig in the US. I know you want a local shop to do it but installation is so simple you don't need to understand anything about electronics or car stereos.

Link for Acura ipod adapters:
http://enfigcarstereo.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/IPOD_ACURA_TL_04.html

princeaidin
04-01-2010, 12:25 AM
Hah electronics are fun, its just car electronics are something, for lack of a better word I'm "scared" to mess with.

How hard is the install?

FiveFreshFish
04-01-2010, 12:35 AM
The most difficult part (and it's not that hard) is removing your head unit and the lower dash panel.

You need to access the back of your head unit to unplug the CD changer wire harness and then plug in the ipod adapter. Then the ipod adapter box which is about the size of a deck of card needs to be fastened somewhere under the dash. I just used zip ties. The box has one ground wire you can attach to any good ground point under the dash.

Then the only thing left is to decide where you want to run the ipod cable. I've got mine in the cubby hole above the head unit (my car is an old VW). Glove box, centre console and armrest storage bin are other possible locations.

So the only electronics you deal with would be the plug at the back of the head unit and one ground wire.

Edit: The plug at the back of the head unit is a harness so there are no individual wires to mess up.

nednerbf
05-22-2010, 07:46 PM
i have a aux in adapter that can charge your ipod as well if you would like it. they are normally like 69.99 or something and you can have it for 20 bucks. also at visions i know they have a module that taps into your fm antenna its called the i transit.