PDA

View Full Version : Need Beyonds Help for stolen rims

talonboi
03-31-2010, 10:21 AM
ok some of you know i sold my Toyota aristo about a month ago. the new owner of the car calls me this morning telling me his wheels were stolen. it happened March 31 approx 2:30am in coach hill.

its the rear wheels that were stolen, its the Volk Victrix 18x10 (not sure of offset) te tire size is 265/35r18

i do miss this car, and to hear what happened to it piss' me off. so if anyone has any info please call the police or PM me for the new owne's phone number

heres a pic of the car with the wheels
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k37/oliverrev/DSC01387.jpg

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k37/oliverrev/DSC01352.jpg

kope
03-31-2010, 11:16 AM
Wow, thats just low. Im sorry to hear about that it just pisses me off people are that inconsiderate.

I will keep an eye out the rims shouldnt be to hard to spot out.

darthVWader
03-31-2010, 01:48 PM
Safe to say that they might return to get the other two. Maybe take them off and leave them as bait. Have a camera rolling and catch them in the act.

Kloubek
03-31-2010, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by darthVWader
Safe to say that they might return to get the other two. Maybe take them off and leave them as bait. Have a camera rolling and catch them in the act.

That's what I was thinking. I can't imagine two wheels are worth much without the second pair...

talonboi
03-31-2010, 02:03 PM
well the front bumper has been cracked in half, when i owned the vehicle i tried to do an oil change in my garage, the car was so low that 2 2x4 wood under each wheel wasnt high enough to get a jack under it.

talonboi
04-01-2010, 09:58 AM
the new owner of the car just told me that he had an alarm system installed into the car, the install was a big mess so he complained and asked it to be removed, he got his money back and later on that night the wheels were taken.

the wheels also had locking nuts on it which the key was in the trunk

does this seem sketchy? or is it just coincidence?

Dilmah
04-01-2010, 11:17 AM
What company or who did the alarm?

Kloubek
04-01-2010, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by talonboi
the new owner of the car just told me that he had an alarm system installed into the car, the install was a big mess so he complained and asked it to be removed, he got his money back and later on that night the wheels were taken.

the wheels also had locking nuts on it which the key was in the trunk

does this seem sketchy? or is it just coincidence?

Where was the key when he found the car without the tires? It does seem odd that they would have found it in the trunk; it would not be a natural place to look if they were after the wheels.

Thaco
04-01-2010, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by Kloubek

Where was the key when he found the car without the tires? It does seem odd that they would have found it in the trunk; it would not be a natural place to look if they were after the wheels.

sure it would, 90% of spare wheels are in the trunk, 90% of people put the lug key in with the jack/wheel wrench.

I'd say it'd be more than a little suspicious that the car had the alarm removed that day, someone working at the shop would have had access to his address, perhaps even the ability to copy the key to get in the trunk for the wheel lock, or just take the wheel lock while they were working on this car.

Mar
04-01-2010, 11:42 AM
More likely that he told all his friends about his new car, his new alarm and that he was taking the alarm out because it was a mess. These are things you learn to eventually keep to yourself.

Kloubek
04-01-2010, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Thaco

sure it would, 90% of spare wheels are in the trunk, 90% of people put the lug key in with the jack/wheel wrench.

I'd say it'd be more than a little suspicious that the car had the alarm removed that day, someone working at the shop would have had access to his address, perhaps even the ability to copy the key to get in the trunk for the wheel lock, or just take the wheel lock while they were working on this car.

I guess so eh? I've always kept the key inside the compartments up front...:dunno:

Tomaz
04-01-2010, 11:53 AM

I guess so eh? I've always kept the key inside the compartments up front...:dunno:

good to know...

j/k

talonboi
04-01-2010, 12:11 PM
they probably searched for the wheel key while it was in the shop.

but again, we arent too sure that the shop or its employees had anything to do with it. thats why i havent mentioned the name of the company

the key to the doors is the same as a lexus and is pretty hard to get one cut.

Wrinkly
04-01-2010, 12:50 PM

LOL and I know where you live ;)

:rofl:

VW337
04-01-2010, 02:05 PM
Maybe a bad april fools prank?

cmorris18
04-08-2010, 08:19 PM
Im the owner of the car now and the people who stole the rims jacked up the front by putting a jack under the intercooler and jacking it up, which did damage the bumper bad but only bent up the intercooler a little bit, the cops came and finger printed around all the wheel wells and on the 2 rims that the bastards didnt get and said that they will be able to find the theifs by the prints, but as we all know the cops cant do anything about it because they never do, like if they cant find murderers then how are the gonna find some stolen rims..... the only thing that cops are good at is writing people tickets and power trips. well hopefully everyone keeps there eye out for the rims because those are the only rims that i think fit the car and they were in mint condition, but i will keep everyone updated on what is happening with them.

Ukyo8
04-08-2010, 08:33 PM
Ill keep an eye out

rizfarmer
04-08-2010, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by cmorris18
Im the owner of the car now and the people who stole the rims jacked up the front by putting a jack under the intercooler and jacking it up, which did damage the bumper bad but only bent up the intercooler a little bit, the cops came and finger printed around all the wheel wells and on the 2 rims that the bastards didnt get and said that they will be able to find the theifs by the prints, but as we all know the cops cant do anything about it because they never do, like if they cant find murderers then how are the gonna find some stolen rims..... the only thing that cops are good at is writing people tickets and power trips. well hopefully everyone keeps there eye out for the rims because those are the only rims that i think fit the car and they were in mint condition, but i will keep everyone updated on what is happening with them.

by the sounds of it you don't want their help anyway so why did you bother wasting their time to have them come out and fingerprint the car?

good luck; I hope you find your rims on your own.

cmorris18
04-10-2010, 01:46 AM
my neighbours called the cops when they heard something weird outside then saw that my rims were missing, i didnt want the cops to come out and waste there time on fingerprinting

soloracer
04-10-2010, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by rizfarmer

by the sounds of it you don't want their help anyway so why did you bother wasting their time to have them come out and fingerprint the car?

good luck; I hope you find your rims on your own.

Agreed. When parts were stolen off my car nobody fingerprinted anything and I was upset that nothing was done. The cops eventually caught the guys - mainly because they stole a bunch of bulletproof vests and got placed on high priority. I got the majority of my stuff back because of them.

Mr Morris - what exactly do you expect the cops to do? You should be grateful to get anybody's assistance - us included. Hopefully next time they get the entire car and you can sit on the curb wondering why nobody gives a damn.

Kloubek
04-10-2010, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by Wrinkly

LOL and I know where you live ;)

:rofl:

You do. But I shall thwart your attempts by the fact I don't have a locking lug on my current wheels at all! You shall stand there dazed and confused as to where my key might be.

Wrinkly
04-10-2010, 03:17 PM
Damn! lol

cmorris18
04-13-2010, 09:42 PM
Agreed. When parts were stolen off my car nobody fingerprinted anything and I was upset that nothing was done. The cops eventually caught the guys - mainly because they stole a bunch of bulletproof vests and got placed on high priority. I got the majority of my stuff back because of them.

Mr Morris - what exactly do you expect the cops to do? You should be grateful to get anybody's assistance - us included. Hopefully next time they get the entire car and you can sit on the curb wondering why nobody gives a d

Usually what i would like the cops to do is there job and find the thiefs, thats why we have them and my attitude is negative towards them because i have had nothing but bad run ins with them, and why would you say hopefully next time they get the whole car.... that shows that you dont give a shit about the car or the rims anyways.

dsr7723
04-14-2010, 07:43 AM
Just off the top of my head here, maybe they just needed the rubber off the 2 rears? Or do you think they got scared off and that's why they left the front ones? Perhaps check with a few tire shops? That sux dude that's a sweet looking ride. Maybe dig around on forums here and there for LF ads for matching size tires?

spikerS
04-14-2010, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by cmorris18

Usually what i would like the cops to do is there job and find the thiefs, thats why we have them and my attitude is negative towards them because i have had nothing but bad run ins with them, and why would you say hopefully next time they get the whole car.... that shows that you dont give a shit about the car or the rims anyways.

So, what exactly did you want to happen?

You didn't want the cops to show up. and now you bitch they they are not doing their job?

So explain this to me. How would you propose that the cops "do their job" without visiting the scene and investigating it? Would make a great CSI episode!

Horatio: So someone stole the back 2 wheels?
Cute chick: it looks that way.
H: lets move a sattelite over the crime scene.
CC: it is there H.
H: zoom in
H: zoom in again
H: zoom in one more time...
H: enhance the image....
H: look, there is a fingerprint!

seriously, if they get a usable print(s) and the person that took them has a record, it should not take much to close the case. Now as much as I know you want your rims back, and your ass feels violated because they were stolen, realize that your rims and petty theft are not exactly high on the priority list for investigators.

talonboi
04-14-2010, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by dsr7723
Just off the top of my head here, maybe they just needed the rubber off the 2 rears? Or do you think they got scared off and that's why they left the front ones? Perhaps check with a few tire shops? That sux dude that's a sweet looking ride. Maybe dig around on forums here and there for LF ads for matching size tires?

they didnt take the fronts cause the car is too low in the front. when i owned it, i put 2x4'sunder the front wheels and i still couldnt get a jack under the car.