PDA

View Full Version : 6th Ave & 8th Street - Be Wary!

rook
03-31-2010, 01:34 PM
I have a bad encounter with another human being (and his white pick-up) to share.

Anyone familiar with the crossing of 8th street and 6th ave SW? It's a funny intersection because it's a one-way (west only) on 6th, and 8th Street goes from a two-way to a one way at that point. I've seen a lady t-boned there because she didn't read the one-way signs.

Today, I saw a dude in a white Toyota pickup trying to make a right onto the left-only 6th Ave. Being in the middle of crossing the street (yes, on foot), I waved at him to stop and pointed at the one-way sign. I mean, our downtown one-ways are screwy even for locals ... or maybe this guy was a tourist ... maybe he didn't know? The point of my actions: I didn't want him to barrel into someone going the right way.

After he positioned his pickup as close to my body as possible (so he could wave a certain finger nearer to my nose) he sped up and kept going the wrong way. I'm not sure what he ended up doing, but he probably didn't want to go around the block to the building on the north side. That's my guess. He sure scared the hell out of oncoming traffic, whatever his motives.

So just be wary when you're approaching that corner -- people go crazy there. Especially, be careful if you're on a motorcycle, regular bike, or on foot.

Ciao.

chkolny541
03-31-2010, 01:39 PM
wow, some ppl are assholes,

ive done this a few timesto ppl too, especially down on 22X, where ppl turn down the wrong road not knowing its a divided highway, ill be behind them, see them start to turn, then frantically honk my horn hoping they realize they are about to drive down the wrong way of a f-ing highway!

syeve
03-31-2010, 02:27 PM
I would have sacrificed my timmy hoes all over his white truck. what a douche.

Shlade
04-01-2010, 04:17 AM
Very off topic,

Syeve, your sig confuses the shit out of me!! I see a nintendo system on the dude from simpsons whos the superintendant correct?

What am i missing here..

sr20s14zenki
04-01-2010, 05:36 AM
Originally posted by Shlade
Very off topic,

Syeve, your sig confuses the shit out of me!! I see a nintendo system on the dude from simpsons whos the superintendant correct?

What am i missing here..

superNINTENDO chalmers.....instead of superintendant. rofl.

when i was doing all of the store front support at td square, you should have seen some of the morons. We had the sidewalk on the one side of the new LRT platform on 3rd, fenced off completely, NO access ,as that was the side that was getting the reno. People would walk right thru our overly SIGNED gate with various warnings, and then get mad when we wouldnt let them proceed. I saw people try to catch the lrt fron the OBVIOUSLY not operational platform with construction equipment and cords all over it. Some people we would send to the other side of the street, where there WAS acess would opt to walk down the ctrain track instead. People just plain dont pay attention these days.

rook
04-01-2010, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by sr20s14zenki

superNINTENDO chalmers.....instead of superintendant. rofl.

(...) People just plain dont pay attention these days.

I love the Simpsons. Futurama holds a special place in my heart too! (sr20s14zenki ... that comic in your sig rocks -- makes me giggle each time you post!).

I think people are too complacent. They get so used to nothing going wrong that they start taking chances, not realizing how dangerous driving or crossing a street can be. Then they wonder why something bad happens to them, and why the universe hates them so much. Frustrating.

syeve
04-01-2010, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by Shlade
Very off topic,

What am i missing here..

orP4WZQdi0k

Sentry
04-01-2010, 09:57 AM
Anyone work downtown? How often do you see someone turn down 7th ave? :rofl: