PDA

View Full Version : printing calendars

Go4Long
04-01-2010, 03:14 AM
Has anyone on here printed a calendar before? One of my friend's boyfriend is heading up north for 4 months and she wants to get some pictures done up and printed on a calendar for while he's gone. She said if I couldn't print it that we could just take the images to blacks or whatever, but I'd actually like to do it just to give it a shot personally.

Looking for any insight in to the process of printing a calendar with a standard inkjet printer, two sided or one sided doesn't matter, but prefer two sided.

KKY
04-01-2010, 08:51 AM
The only calendar I've done was a small monthly calendar. Each set consists of 12 4x6 pictures done at Superstore and a small stand from the $1 store.

quazimoto
04-01-2010, 08:54 AM
With the right paper types it's easy. They do make double sides paper just for this type of thing I just can't remember what the wight of it was. I believe if even comes pre-creased so all you need to do is add staples and bend.

89coupe
04-01-2010, 09:08 AM
http://www.jerrysartarama.com/images/resized/-1x-1/PRODUCTS/PAPER/STRATHMORE/STRATHMORE_KITS/0066023000000-ST-01-Strathmore-Photo-Calendar-Kit.jpg

4doorj
04-01-2010, 03:28 PM
Probably cheaper and easier to just send it to walmart or something. You can do it online too.

95EG6P
04-01-2010, 11:30 PM
Staples does a pretty good job, I got mine done there a few months back. :)

infected
04-02-2010, 01:10 AM
I've had some made at walmart and staples. Both do a pretty good job but I prefer staples.

Godfuader
04-02-2010, 07:55 AM
Costco does em for $20.

quazimoto
04-02-2010, 08:06 AM
I think many of you are missing the point.

A) She wants to do some pictures up. They are probably not exactly PG13 or the kind of thing you want going to any cheap photo lab.

B) He's got a kick ass printer and doing it on his own could eventually be profitable.

Besides you can buy the calendar stuff in bulk and do it for less than $20 per calendar.

Side note, seriously, NEVER take anything you have to wal-mart. If you are going to go anywhere at least Costco will give you some good quality product.

Melinda
04-02-2010, 08:57 AM
Do a desktop calendar. Do each month of a calendar template on a 5x7 sheet of paper with a photo on the other half.

Something like this, but with one month per sheet instead of two and maybe a prettier arrangement of the photo.

Get a pretty/fancy photo easel from michael's and voila.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kellyridgell/4047051881/

Go4Long
04-02-2010, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by quazimoto

A) She wants to do some pictures up. They are probably not exactly PG13 or the kind of thing you want going to any cheap photo lab.

B) He's got a kick ass printer and doing it on his own could eventually be profitable.

Thanks for getting the point quazi...lol...both of them.

He's right on both counts, while I'm looking at it as a one time chance at this point, it's also something I could eventually offer on a more regular basis, this is more just an opportunity to check it out.

And no, these won't be the kind of shots that I want the 18 year old moron working at wal mart printing and then sharing with all his friends.

Go4Long
04-02-2010, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by Melinda
Do a desktop calendar. Do each month of a calendar template on a 5x7 sheet of paper with a photo on the other half.

Something like this, but with one month per sheet instead of two and maybe a prettier arrangement of the photo.

Get a pretty/fancy photo easel from michael's and voila.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kellyridgell/4047051881/

that's actually pretty well done. I don't dig the pattern, but the concept is definitely not bad...I might do it a bit bigger...thinking more like 11 x 17 per sheet, so I end up with 8 1/2 X 11 for a calendar, and 8 1/2 X 11 for the photo and whatever sort of border I end up doing...

granted for later sales I would probably do it pretty small just to make it cost effective. but hey, it's a start.

Thanks melinda .:thumbsup:

Melinda
04-02-2010, 10:09 AM
Holy crap, an 11x17 desktop calendar? That will be huge! Hopefully this guy she's giving it to doesnt have a lot of guests over, that one might be hard to hide if he gets company!

Good luck though, take some pictures of the finished product. I'd be interested to see how the larger size looks on a table or a desk.

Go4Long
04-02-2010, 10:11 AM
It never had to be a desktop calendar. Hmmmm.

Melinda
04-02-2010, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by Go4Long
It never had to be a desktop calendar. Hmmmm.
Ahh okay. Since you seemed to like the idea I posted I thought it would be. Either way, I'd love to see pictures of the finished product!

Go4Long
04-02-2010, 12:58 PM
I'll see how they turn out...and how big she wants to do them. I'm confident the pictures will turn out good...now it's just the design that has me worried.