PDA

View Full Version : Audio horror stories

infamous
08-29-2002, 11:53 PM
ok... you guys want somewhere that sucks??

visions on macleod, just before southland has the shittiest service ever. my roommate went there, and bought a 52" tv. got that home and whatever. he went to buy an $800 stand that goes all around it. they forgot pieces to it, and it took him a week to get the pieces back. then, he went there to buy a stereo for his car. at first, he went with 1 12" kicker solobaric, with a 1000 watt rockford amp. he had his own deck, so they just hooked that up. then, after they installed it, they told him "48 hours before you can crank it." so he waited 48 hours, and then tried to test it out a bit. the f**kin' sub blew. so he goes back and apparently the salesman told him "48 hours of playing time." so the salesman replaced it, and off he went. the next day, he had to go back again because the ground wire came loose or something. so they fix that, and he's off again. he waits the 48 hours of playing time, and puts on a song with some decent bass. it blew again! so now he is getting pissed, because that is 5 times in like 2 weeks that he has had to go back because of stupid shit. he calls the head office and talks to a big boss. they phone the store, and within a couple of hours he is back again. he goes in there, and they give him a brand new rockford competition sub worth $1400, but they still only charged him $700, the price of the solobaric. the car audio manager cranked it in the sound bay, and he said to my friend "there is no way that you can blow this sub." there was no break in time nothing. well it worked awesome for about 3 weeks. then he tries a bass mechanix cd, and melts the voice coils. so he just takes everything back and gets his money back. he has vowed never to do business with visions again. does anyone else have horror stories??

2000impreza
08-30-2002, 12:19 AM
holy crap. i have never heard of subs blowing that fast. i thought it was bad when i blew a set of pioneer subs twice in a month. the visions i went to just kept on replacing them no questions asked.

mwmhong
08-30-2002, 12:02 PM
Nothing major but,

Went to Soundsaround in NE, the guy who sold me the stuff was really nice and gave me a good price, let me watch home theatre while I waited.

But the installation guy wasn't very good, I got amp and sub installed, so when I go to check the trunk, the remote release doesn't work, so I call the guy out.

Me: "Hey, my trunk release doesn't work after you did the installation."
Install guy: "Oh I knew I kicked some wire loose, I didn't know what it was for though."
Me: "Well...don't you think you should fix something if you kick it loose?"
What a lazy POS.:guns:

boi-alien
08-30-2002, 12:25 PM
heheh the kicker solobaric's are known to pound hard, but they're also known to fall apart really quick. reason for this is cause they're squares, your sub act's like a piston pumping up and down, u don't want square shaped pistons in your car do you? cause the force isn't distributed evenly and the corners take a significant beating when pumping up and down like that.

infamous
08-30-2002, 08:56 PM
yeah i see what you mean. i have heard a 2k 'lude with 2 10's and 2 15's in the back seat, but they sounded so awesome. i don't like the solobaric's anymore. the kicker comp sub pounded pretty good though!

TomTom
08-30-2002, 09:56 PM
dont mean to knock the company i worked for 8 months for and prob will be going back pretty soon too....but.....everytime we would call there we would have to sit on hold for a while if anyone even came back. i bought my alarm had to get it from the mac store.......very bad...im telling you guys the good one is richmond and crowfoot, crowfoot has the best manager in the company and im not exagurating, i worked for mike bird and he is one of the best at what he does, you wouldnt of had them problems.

sorry to hear that its pretty shitty, makes the hole company look bad. but also that is a very weird case with the subs blowing that solo is over is between 1000-2000 watt and the rock amp at 1000watt is not 1000 rms, that is the kind(have sold them with) that you are to use, and the voicecoils melting that almost never happens, so he might have got a bad batch of stuff or needs to do somthing differently.

infamous
08-30-2002, 10:34 PM
yeah....well when the voice coils melted, he was doing a bass excursion test. i borrowed his car about 20 minutes after he played it, and it worked fine. i got like 2 blocks away from my place and the sub suddenly stopped. i pulled into a safeway parking lot, and opened the trunk. smoke was coming out of the box, and i thought that i had blown it. but i found out when i got home that he had fucked it up, not me

Ow3n
09-09-2002, 12:41 AM
Its not visions that is the problem, its the cheap car audio brands you are choosing.

infamous
09-14-2002, 01:43 AM
so you are saying that a $1400 sub is cheap???? or even $700 for the solobaric??

driven
09-16-2002, 01:52 PM
umm im confused
visions didnt make the sub you know? but they did replace it 3 times and they did give him his money back, so what exactly did they do wrong? are you using logic? call rockford and complain about the shitty subs THEY are providint visions!

infamous
09-16-2002, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by driven
umm im confused
what exactly did they do wrong?

well, when he went in to get the pieces for his tv stand, he got treated like shit, and in order for them to do anything about the sub (the 2nd time) he had to call their head office. they didn't install the ground wire correctly. he had to go in 5 times for shit that shouldn't have happened in the first place. any other questions?

sportryder
10-09-2002, 07:51 PM
This is hilarious, Smoking subs, Ha Ha Ha. I need to hear more about this Vision's Junk. I used to work for soundsaround and the brick. soundsaround in crowfoot is just as bad. Total crap service from any soundsaround. :guns: