PDA

View Full Version : what is that really good and cheap steakhouse in the NE?

nonlinear
04-01-2010, 04:06 PM
I remember reading on here and other places on the net about this steakhouse in the NE, which is kind of a greasy spoon, but is very cheap and makes really great food/steak. I thought it was on 52nd, but may be incorrect. does anyone know the name? i thought it was something like "surf and turf" but i googled that and couldn't find anything.

thanks
:thumbsup:

JfuckinC
04-01-2010, 04:09 PM
reef and beef, on 36th right off 16th?

Its a stop at our annual saint paddys day rundle pubcrawl (true pubcrawl, walking from pub to pub haha)

nonlinear
04-01-2010, 04:11 PM
^^that's it man! thanks! for those who've been, can we get some opinions or reviews up in this biatch???

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

planning to head there sometime soon. what is the best thing to get?

Unknown303
04-01-2010, 04:12 PM
Carvers is where you should go.

Weapon_R
04-01-2010, 04:12 PM
Heard it's good but I prefer Cattle Baron on 32nd avenue

masoncgy
04-01-2010, 04:36 PM
I've only ever been to Reef & Beef a couple of times in the 10 years I've lived here, but it's a good meal for a fair price. You get soup & salad with your entree... go for the french onion soup, it's very good. :drool:

I've always gone with a steak & stuffed potato for my entree... never disappointed!

You should enjoy it... I never spend much time in the NE any more so I haven't been there in quite awhile.

msommers
04-01-2010, 04:41 PM
Both times I've been to Cattle Baron it's been fucking terrible. Carvers was good and so was Reef n Beef. Although I can't say either is "cheap" but rather average, on par with the Keg really.

rage2
04-01-2010, 04:59 PM
My parents love Reef and Beef because they're asian, and you get a huge amount of decent steak for the price. I haven't been there in years.

nonlinear
04-01-2010, 05:00 PM
^^is it good steak though? or just a lot of steak?

xxxazntigerxx
04-01-2010, 10:42 PM
^^ its good get the prime rib

redblack
04-01-2010, 10:49 PM
I've always enjoyed the reef and beef much better that any other chains like the Keg. Tried the cattle baron once and the steak was so-so.

nykz
05-03-2010, 11:00 PM
I've been wanting to try out a place I've never been to before, has anyone been to Reef and Beef lately? How is the menu now? Is it still comparable to how it once was, as well as the menu pricing. They don't have a website for me to look at what they have to offer and price comparisons compared to The Keg etc. Any feedback would be appreciated, thanks :)

Kritafo
05-04-2010, 02:06 PM
went to Carvers a 2 Saturday's ago...it wasn't good, and not cheap, we spent over $200 and my own steak from the BBQ taste better.

Idratherbsidewayz
05-04-2010, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Kritafo
went to Carvers a 2 Saturday's ago...it wasn't good, and not cheap, we spent over $200 and my own steak from the BBQ taste better.

Totally agree. Their Caesar salad is unreal though.

I always go to the Pizza place next door to Reef and Beef (amazing slightly greasy pizza) and it looked too sketchy. I'm surprised it gets good reviews, but I guess I'll have to give it a shot sometime.

Kritafo
05-04-2010, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Idratherbsidewayz

Totally agree. Their Caesar salad is unreal though.

I always go to the Pizza place next door to Reef and Beef (amazing slightly greasy pizza) and it looked too sketchy. I'm surprised it gets good reviews, but I guess I'll have to give it a shot sometime.

We did the Reef and Beef like 10 + years ago and it was decent.

Carvers in Saskatoon...whole different ball game everything was outstanding.

Yes I love the Caesar salad and their escargot is amazing.

Jry_79
05-04-2010, 04:46 PM
Have to agree with the Majority! one of my favorite things in the NE is Reef and Beef, Good Price! Good Food! and Great Service! Can't go wrong