PDA

View Full Version : custom canada

top_speed
04-01-2010, 04:43 PM
i order a necklace from ebay and the guy sent it through usps on march 17 and it took 8 days to get to Vancouver:thumbsdow :nut: and now it is stuck in custom for the past 6 days :facepalm:.
how long does it usually take for something to clear from customs? it is not that i need it ASAP but i really hate waiting for something that i know was suppose to be here, is there a number i can call and find out?
thanks

Cos
04-01-2010, 04:45 PM
Customs can take weeks

rage2
04-01-2010, 04:50 PM
Vancouver customs is brutal. It can be 1 day, it can be 2 weeks. Depends on their mood.

top_speed
04-01-2010, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by rage2
Vancouver customs is brutal. It can be 1 day, it can be 2 weeks. Depends on their mood.
that is fucked, is there a number i can call?

Cos
04-01-2010, 05:39 PM
^^ nope your at their will.

n1zm0
04-01-2010, 05:42 PM
yeah and being a long weekend, dont plan to even get ahold of them until late next week i bet, government workers of ANY type call it quits at 2 pm regardless of the day of the week, i swear.

Originally posted by top_speed

that is fucked, is there a number i can call?

here (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=CBSA+Offices) :dunno: but usually even when there is a mix up for aircraft parts (A.O.G priority even), they will sit on it till the next day, then release it and ship it out the day after, so much for overnight.. and i STILL pay the charge.

rage2
04-01-2010, 05:47 PM
It's USPS, which is going through the Canada Post system. No calls anywhere will help you.

You want things done faster? Use Fedex or UPS Overnight next time. They have their own brokers, and it clears customs instantly, unless of course there's a Canada Customs random inspection, which will take an extra day or 2.

redblack
04-01-2010, 10:50 PM
I just recieved my parts for the subaru and it was stuck in customs for about 9 days, pretty brutal

Isaiah
04-01-2010, 10:59 PM
I work in imports. Just as an FYI, you can clear any goods yourself through customs by going to the commercial customs office in the NE by Sunridge Mall. They have a computer at the office that you can use to do your paperwork. All you need is the bill of sale and a copy of the waybill. If you self-clear, it is done on the spot and you can retrieve the goods right away unless, as rage said, there is a random inspection in which case it can take an extra day.

Ruggzy_McTuggz
04-01-2010, 11:03 PM
Yea, as Rage said, never depend on USPS, go with UPS or FedEx.

Had my computer processor chip fry, Intel has the best friggin warranty program in the world. Called them 3pm weds, had my new chip 10am next day and it was shipped from KY via UPS overnight.... no friggin idea how the logistics on that one work but I was thrilled lol. Cost me $25 and they sent me the return slip to send them the fried chip.