PDA

View Full Version : Friday Night Secret Street

gregh
04-01-2010, 05:05 PM
After talking to the CDRA & the Calgary Motorsport Council, there is a fair bit of discussion going on about not doing prep on the track for the Friday night Secret Street events.
Apparently, the general feeling is that there is no need for prep other than sweeping.

The track is normally sprayed with a VHT/ Methanol mix to improve traction but apparently, they don't want to spend the money for it(about $100/night). Last year I was spraying it out about 80-100ft.

I'm starting this poll so that the results can be shown to the Race City management so they can see what their customers want.

Sorath
04-01-2010, 05:10 PM
what the fuck.... prep the whole track

Mr_ET
04-01-2010, 05:16 PM
No need for VHT, it should be just like the street

I find that this poll option is not even accurate as I have always felt like a normal street offered better traction than the pad at RaceCity.

I can't imagine it being even worse with no prep.

Tik-Tok
04-01-2010, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by gregh
but apparently, they don't want to spend the money for it(about $100/night). Last year I was spraying it out about 80-100ft

$100/night compared to the $20/person charge to race, kind of seems like a drop in the bucket, but then, I don't know what (if any) the profit is like for Secret Street.

I can't answer the poll really, as I've never tried a track with it, and without it, to tell the difference.

edit: Maybe the first 3 Fridays it's open, you can do the whole track, half the track, and none at all, but don't tell people which night was which, and then after the 3 weeks ask again? :dunno:

Sorath
04-01-2010, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by Mr_ET
No need for VHT, it should be just like the street

I find that this poll option is not even accurate as I have always felt like a normal street offered better traction than the pad at RaceCity.

I can't imagine it being even worse with no prep.

i couldnt hook on slicks last year. but i do agree that i get better traction on the street than at the track

blackpeople
04-01-2010, 05:43 PM
Prep half the track as good as they do for the weekend evens would be a great option

gregh
04-01-2010, 06:22 PM
I have always felt like a normal street offered better traction than the pad at RaceCity.

i couldnt hook on slicks last year. but i do agree that i get better traction on the street than at the track

My car last year on a Friday night, traction was actually too good & I got into tireshake. I had to raise the pressure a bit & put up with a little spin after this.
http://www.albertastreetcar.com/gregh/tireshakesm.JPG

bituerbo
04-02-2010, 09:20 AM
What percentage of cars that show up for secret street actually benefit from VHT? Now of those, how many actually realize the benefit? I also get better hookup on the street, but that's understandable as the first 60ft are getting 'polished' a few hundred times a week.

Save yourself the money, and more importantly time/effort. I'm sure the guys over at p-s have an entirely different opinion.

gregh
04-02-2010, 10:30 AM
Any car with drag radials, slicks or any form or "racing tire" will benefit from VHT & without it, there is no point in any car capable of running faster than a high 13 even showing up.

I'll bet that 60% of the cars on the fastest import list from the last few years wouldn't have been capable of running within 2 seconds of their best times without VHT.

Tik-Tok
04-02-2010, 12:37 PM

I'll bet that 60% of the cars on the fastest import list from the last few years wouldn't have been capable of running within 2 seconds of their best times without VHT.

Isn't that kind of answering your own question then?

gregh
04-02-2010, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

Isn't that kind of answering your own question then?
What question? Should the track get prepped?

I already have my opinion but the purpose of this poll is to show the owner of Race City what the Friday night racers want.

Ekliptix
04-02-2010, 02:39 PM
200 people x $25 = $5k per Secret Street. I don't think $100 out of $5,000 is significant. But, they could spend only $50 on VHT by preping only 1 lane. Cars with slicks/drag radials could use that lane. My 2c.

Darell_n
04-02-2010, 03:46 PM
On a side note, wasn't trackbite supposed to be banned in Canada?

97luder
04-02-2010, 04:30 PM
when are they opening for the 2010 season ?

DubSport
04-02-2010, 04:59 PM
VHT + Rain water = zero traction for the road course. A little bit of rain won't stop us from road course racing, but that VHT section is part of the road course and when it is wet LOOK OUT!!! It truly responds like driving on ice when wet...

I vote for no VHT. (Sorry drag people)

gregh
04-02-2010, 05:37 PM
To answer a few questions:
No Track Bite has not been banned in Canada.

No one seems to know when the opening night will be, mid May is my guess.

as far as VHT affecting the road course people, that's only on a full drag race prep, the Friday night prep doesn't go that far down the track. We could spray almost 150ft before it would reach the area road race cars would cross onto the straightaway.

As far as after a full drag race weekend, too bad, the full 1320ft of the track will be getting sprayed.

Toma
04-03-2010, 12:21 AM
Spray at least half.

Jesus Christ. They rake in huge cash every Friday night... spectators, cars, and food.... and they are bitchhin about $100 to $200 $ and run off of vulanteer staff??

What the FUCK?!?!?!

So if we want track prep, then what? We have to come waste a whole day racing with the bracket crap?

epp01
04-03-2010, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by Toma
Spray at least half.

Jesus Christ. They rake in huge cash every Friday night... spectators, cars, and food.... and they are bitchhin about $100 to $200 $ and run off of vulanteer staff??

What the FUCK?!?!?!

So if we want track prep, then what? We have to come waste a whole day racing with the bracket crap?

^ This.

DarrinGTA
04-04-2010, 05:11 PM
I work at Race City on the drag strip. Let me answer a few questions points that I have seen so far.

ANY "Z" rated tires will benefit from a prepped track. Without prep, I spin until after 60', with prep I have pulled a 1.99 60' time.
VHT does nothing for your average "street tire". Most of us that have any pride in our rides, have some type of performance tire on our cars. As for those that say they get better hook on the street.... I don't see you breaking your cars in the first 10' of launching, but I do see that at the track.
VHT DOES turn to a grease like substance when it gets wet/moist. The road course is rented daily (almost) and Art has expressed major concerns about that fact and no VHT on Fridays. I spent many hours discussing that with him about Friday nights and I was able to convince him to allow us to spray out to about 100' on Fridays. I want to see some prep on Fridays (I'd actually like to see prep to the 1/8th on Fridays), but there is another issue with prepping like that on Fridays.
First; the cost of VHT is not cheap. In order to keep optimal traction on a Friday, we'd have to respray/groom the track about every 1.5-2 hr's. You guys want to race, not sit and wait for us to groom the track. Spraying the track 2x every night is time consuming and expensive.
Secondly. (NO offense to all the guys who come out on Fridays... we love having all you guys/girls at the track) STREET TIRES. These tires carry very small amounts of sand to the track everytime and they tear the VHT off the track very quick. There's nothing that can be done about that. Cleaning your tires in the water box helps extend the life of the VHT sprayed, but all spinning street tires does is wear off your tread and cost YOU $$$.
Then, we have the occasional bucket-head that comes to the track and has been driving around in mud and it's caked under the car in spots we can't see without putting the car on a lift. He launches, mud and shit goes flying out onto the track and destroys any traction that we had in that area.

As for the CDRA and those others saying they will not be spraying, trust me, I will be lobbying LARGELY for spraying to at least 100' every Friday night as we have been. Even if that means that I put a bucket at the gate and everyone drops a Loonie in to it and Greg and I go get a barrell of VHT just for Friday nights.

(edit A barrell of VHT is about $800)

carmag99
04-05-2010, 10:45 PM
Just my 2 cents worth here.
As the guy who preps the track, I spray a coat of VHT/Lane Choice on the entire 1320' at the larger events (When we have cars capable of running 9's or faster)
If we want some friday night glue, as someone said earlier, Charge $1 more at the gate and buy a couple of barrels of lane choice, Spray and groom the first 60 to 80 feet and see what happens.
Does that work for you guys?

gregh
04-06-2010, 05:00 PM
OK, After a discussion with the CDRA today, I'm done with this POS track.

Art, being the cheap bastard that he is, that he is has decided that he's not buying VHT for this year at all. In my opinion that make the track dangerous for anything capable of running a 13.xx or faster. The CDRA will probably be buying some VHT for their events but Friday nights are a complete write off for anybody with a serious car.

If I have to travel outside of Calgary for even a Friday's event, I'm just going to travel all season.

I've poured countless hours of my time, donated a bunch of my companies labor & material into supporting Race City & this cheap jerk won't spend $2,000 for an entire season of VHT. Hell, my gate admission alone is $500 for the season if we have 20 nights but Art is incapable of making any form of intelligent business decisions.

Fuck it.

Sorath
04-06-2010, 05:20 PM
shitty

kras
04-06-2010, 06:34 PM
wow thats fucked up

DonJuan
04-06-2010, 08:21 PM
We go through all the trouble of getting the lease on the shitty track extended, and now the owner won't even look out for the safety for his supporters? WTF Way to go douche bag.

GoChris
04-06-2010, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by Toma
Spray at least half.

What the FUCK?!?!?!

x2

I won't even show up if it's not prepped, nothing but spinning and no traction. I'll go to Medicine Hat.

GoChris
04-06-2010, 08:36 PM
OK, After a discussion with the CDRA today, I'm done with this POS track.

Art, being the cheap bastard that he is, that he is has decided that he's not buying VHT for this year at all. In my opinion that make the track dangerous for anything capable of running a 13.xx or faster. The CDRA will probably be buying some VHT for their events but Friday nights are a complete write off for anybody with a serious car.

If I have to travel outside of Calgary for even a Friday's event, I'm just going to travel all season.

I've poured countless hours of my time, donated a bunch of my companies labor & material into supporting Race City & this cheap jerk won't spend $2,000 for an entire season of VHT. Hell, my gate admission alone is $500 for the season if we have 20 nights but Art is incapable of making any form of intelligent business decisions.

Fuck it.

Doh, just read this before my last reply, that's bullshit. I'm also of the same opinion, other than my first night this year to shake down the car, I'll be travelling anytime I want to go racing then. Looks like Medicine Hat will be a regular friday night trip.

lhatton
04-06-2010, 09:30 PM
Wow, this is a real bummer. I was looking forward to trying out this track. Without slicks it's going to be a pain in the ass.

:thumbsdow

Z_Fan
04-06-2010, 10:56 PM
Well, I can tell you I wouldn't waste my time or money on any track that didn't put down some prep. At the Calgary track, for Friday's, I'd say at least the first 100' must be prepped or it is a waste of time. If I had truly quick cars, I'd be wanting more. But I think I could get by with just the first 100' in my slow ass junk.

I couldn't hook either of my cars even slightly without VHT. So Race City not having it - It's a joke. It's a fucking race track. Treat it like one. Prep it. Period. IMO, only a complete fucking moron would consider inviting cars out to drag at a track that isn't prepped. Might as well just ban slicks, ban drag radials, ban anything and everything with roll protection, no nitrous, nothing on a trailer, nothing that isn't fully street legal, etc. Sounds fucking gay to me!

So...See you in Edmonton or Medicine Hat - where THEY GET IT!

Sentry
04-06-2010, 11:20 PM
If I take a trip over to the hat one night I'll be comparing 60s for sure. What's the altitude diff?

gregh
04-07-2010, 05:58 AM
Originally posted by Z_Fan
Well, I can tell you I wouldn't waste my time or money on any track that didn't put down some prep.

Last year on a typical Friday nights prep, I was in the 10.4-10.6 range at 129-131mph, depending on weather.
In July we went up to Stettler & raced 1/8 mile at their airport in a street car shootout. They sorta sprayed the runway but not very well & didn't put down a rubber base(from burnouts) first.

In Calgary, my times for the 1/8 is in the 6.5-6.6 range, on a unpreped surface in Stettler, I made 4 passes all in the 7-5-8.6 range. most runs I spun my tires the entire 1/8 mile.

Z_Fan
04-07-2010, 08:30 AM
Racing without prep is a waste of time. Literally. :-)

dj_honda
04-07-2010, 12:54 PM
I voted earlier but that is horrible news.

I wont be racing my car at Race City without prep. Time to buy AMA !

DarrinGTA
04-07-2010, 01:45 PM
I will and still am going to try to get VHT to spray on Fridays.
I'm not fancy to the idea of peeling a car off the wall at around 50' out.

Art won't buy it .... :banghead: that's fine. I propose that we put a collection bucket out and everyone drops a loonie or two into it and Greg and I will go get a barrell of VHT. One barrell of VHT can be made to last us the whole season if we do it right. I don't get the time to race as I'm busy looking over all your cars and have other things to do at the track, but I will gladly throw in $10 to start the kitty off. If we buy it, I am positive I can get Art to allow me to spray it on Fridays..... after-all, he didn't pay for it nor is he paying me for my time to spray it or work at his track. :drama:

sputnik
04-08-2010, 10:02 AM
Good think that RCMP was "saved".

:rolleyes:

EvolizePhoto
04-08-2010, 01:29 PM
Darrin, you still towing?

DonJuan
04-08-2010, 03:16 PM
Tell Art that when he is scraping a car off the wall at the 50' line he will have sumthin on his conscience. Maybe a law suit? like if someone accidentally forgets to sign the waiver. Accidentally.

RUQUIKR
04-08-2010, 05:11 PM
Am I Missing something? It's all volunteers, we are paying $20 a car and he doesn't want to pay for VHT? Why not just raise the price to $25 and run the track like a profesional and give people what they are paying for. He should have just let them close the track if he is going to try to run it half assed. I'm AWD and I notice a huge diff on none preped tracks.

gregh
04-08-2010, 05:56 PM
The current charges to racers & fans on Friday is $25 for racers & $5 for spectators.
With the typical Friday crowd of 150-200 cars(average) @$25/ea as well as 3-500 spectators @$5/ea, that means Art will make somewhere between $5200 & $7500 free & clear each of the 18-20 nights that Secret Street runs. Some nights are a lot more.
Other than the gate staff, the cost of the ambulance crew & some electricity to run the lights, he pays out NOTHING for those nights.
The starter, tech guys, safety crew, waterbox people & track prep are ALL doing it for free.

& I do mean FREE, Art doesn't supply pizza, water or even a cookie for the volunteers.

Expecting Art to spend $100/night(I spray out 4-5 gallons max each Friday) for VHT & methanol to prep the track so that it is safe as well as attractive to the faster cars is obviously expecting too much.

DonJuan
04-08-2010, 07:40 PM
Looks like the only thing that secret street will be seeing of me is a nice big middle finger. We should start a boycott or something, for the first secret street day. Spread the word and the first day which is usually the busiest night get nobody to show up.

kras
04-08-2010, 08:43 PM
What a fucking tool the owner is I'm 100% for a boycott.

Revhard
04-08-2010, 10:38 PM
I'm going to take my frontier then. That is about the quality and caliber of vehicle I suspect is safe out there...:banghead:

2EFNFAST
04-09-2010, 12:07 PM
Perhaps I'm in the minority here, but why would you expect any differently?

The track has, what, 2 or 3 years left before it's toast. It was always in poor condition before, so why, with a limited life left on it, would he spend even $1 maintaining it/enhancing it.

Yes, I understand safety and to enhance the experience there, but from a business perspective it makes no sense - you've got volunteers who don't want anything for their services; you've got people spending their time fighting to keep the track....esssentially you've got a market that will keep coming, regardless of conditions/circumstanes, and with an eventual shutdown, why bother. (from a business perspective!)

gregh
04-09-2010, 01:28 PM
I'm amazed because if Art is truly trying to make the most amount of money off this track for the next two years, any one with 1/2 an oz of business sense could see that generating the most cash possible out of each remaining night is the smart thing to do.

If 5 cars don't show up each night because of a lack of traction, he loses money.

I expect 50-80 cars won't show up most nights(compared to previous years) after the first few nights of spinning.

So, you lose $1200-2000/night cause you don't want to spend $100/night.

I didn't get a business degree from Harvard but that seems pretty stupid to me.

97luder
04-09-2010, 02:27 PM
well said gregh !

You got to spend money to make money

syritis
04-09-2010, 03:10 PM
maybe it'll drive the point home when I jump the pits and land in the stands.

arts has been ridiculously hard to get in contact with for the renting of track days and now he puts the final nail in the coffin for the true patrons... if any other track opens up this summer/winter, race city will be a ghost town and i'm sure art will loose more money then if he even acted like he cares about motor sports

2EFNFAST
04-11-2010, 11:32 PM
I'm amazed because if Art is truly trying to make the most amount of money off this track for the next two years, any one with 1/2 an oz of business sense could see that generating the most cash possible out of each remaining night is the smart thing to do.

If 5 cars don't show up each night because of a lack of traction, he loses money.

I expect 50-80 cars won't show up most nights(compared to previous years) after the first few nights of spinning.

So, you lose $1200-2000/night cause you don't want to spend $100/night.

I didn't get a business degree from Harvard but that seems pretty stupid to me.

Where else will they go? There's no competition, and the only choice is the streets.

If they're goign to race on the streets, they would have done that in the first place anyways (atleast imho)

Originally posted by syritis
if any other track opens up this summer/winter,

???

That's like saying if I catch the Ogopogo I'll be famous - no new tracks will be open because of the "not in my backyard" attitude.

DarrinGTA
04-12-2010, 01:43 AM
Evolize..... no I am not towing anymore but I do have a couple of guys that I am recommending.

2efnfast..... Your comment that the volunteers "don't want anything" is not true. We got a lot of thank you's from the racers that do come out on Friday nights and we appreciate that immensely. Just that little gratitude goes a long way for us and we are always very happy to hear just that little bit from you guys. As for Art.... he knows he dropped the ball with the volunteers last year and if it wasn't for Marty (CDRA) and Sammy (Mr.Detail), I think you'd have seen volunteers that were not always so cheery and easy to talk with.
We don't ask or expect much from Art... however we do expect him to follow thru with the promises that he had made to us. Last year, he was supposed to supply the volunteers with water and pop for the tower so we had something to drink.... but alas he didn't do that.
Trust me when I tell you this.... I WILL BE HAVING A GOOD CHAT WITH ART PRIOR TO SECRET STREET STARTING. Don't be thinking I am not going to hammer Art for something/anything for the volunteers on his Friday nights. I have done many, many hours of organizing and getting a bigger crew ready for this season and if Art thinks that he can skate thru and do nothing again this year for the volunteers.... he's sorely mistaken.
:guns:

(btw.... there will be repairs done to the track this year.... hopefully before the start of the season)

gregh
04-17-2010, 07:05 PM
As an update to this poll, apparently, Art has changed his tune & we will be getting VHT on Fridays, if we, the racers pay for it.

The Tech guys will have a loonie bucket at tech & they'll be asking every driver to chip in a loonie each Friday.

With an average of 150-200 cars every Friday, if everyone chips in a buck, we should have enough cash after the first 5 nights to pay for an entire barrel of VHT. Typically, there are 16-20 Secret Streets nights in a season so after the first 10 or so nights, we should have enough cash to pay for a sticky track for the entire season.

The CDRA still has 3/4 of a barrel from last season that will will be able to borrow from until the fund has enough cash to buy a barrel of our own.

In case anyone still has doubt that the track needs VHT, I was out today with the CDRA getting everything setup & tested after the winter. I brought my GF's 1980 camaro to use to test the timing equipment.
This car is not tuned properly yet & has massive 295/65-15 Micky Thompson Drag Radials on it with mild 3.08 rear gears. It sticks to the street & hasn't given me or her one hint of traction issues while driving it around town.

The best run I could get out of it today on a unpreped track was a [email protected]. The 60ft times were in the 2.3 range & I had to to lift off the gas 2-3 times before I could finally floor it at 1/2 track.

This car should run high 12's/low 13's the way it sits & probably mid 12's with better gears & tuning. 60ft times should be in the 1.6-1.7 range.

Yeah, even slow cars need VHT.

Sentry
04-17-2010, 07:20 PM
I'll be chipping for sure.

Is next week looking good for a season opener?

gregh
04-17-2010, 07:23 PM
Probably not, the weather looks like crap for next week. I think we are trying for the first Friday in May.

89s1
04-17-2010, 08:17 PM
As an update to this poll, apparently, Art has changed his tune & we will be getting VHT on Fridays, if we, the racers pay for it.

The Tech guys will have a loonie bucket at tech & they'll be asking every driver to chip in a loonie each Friday.

With an average of 150-200 cars every Friday, if everyone chips in a buck, we should have enough cash after the first 5 nights to pay for an entire barrel of VHT. Typically, there are 16-20 Secret Streets nights in a season so after the first 10 or so nights, we should have enough cash to pay for a sticky track for the entire season.

The CDRA still has 3/4 of a barrel from last season that will will be able to borrow from until the fund has enough cash to buy a barrel of our own.

In case anyone still has doubt that the track needs VHT, I was out today with the CDRA getting everything setup & tested after the winter. I brought my GF's 1980 camaro to use to test the timing equipment.
This car is not tuned properly yet & has massive 295/65-15 Micky Thompson Drag Radials on it with mild 3.08 rear gears. It sticks to the street & hasn't given me or her one hint of traction issues while driving it around town.

The best run I could get out of it today on a unpreped track was a [email protected]. The 60ft times were in the 2.3 range & I had to to lift off the gas 2-3 times before I could finally floor it at 1/2 track.

This car should run high 12's/low 13's the way it sits & probably mid 12's with better gears & tuning. 60ft times should be in the 1.6-1.7 range.

Yeah, even slow cars need VHT.

decent news for sure... I'd happily throw in a buck or two when i'm getting teched

kras
04-17-2010, 10:09 PM
why not just charge a dollar more per night and stop being a bitch about it

gregh
04-17-2010, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by kras
why not just charge a dollar more per night and stop being a bitch about it

Obviously even with your U of A Masters degree in Communication as well as Finance the tricky details of this complex procedure eludes you so I'll explain it in simple layman terms, Let me know if you need the Cliff notes.

Art get the money at the gate but he refuses to buy the VHT so the RACERS have to pay for it if we want it there.

I could provide graphs & charts if it's still confusing you.

kras
04-18-2010, 02:26 PM
so basically he's a bitch

oh well, at least he is allowing us to pay for it

vengie
04-18-2010, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by kras
so basically he's a bitch

oh well, at least he is allowing us to pay for it

We shouldn't have to pay for it... its a race track... it should operate as such.

Honestly, I'm sure Art is reading this, and I sincerely hope he is... You sir are a joke, and a low life. The only reason your track is still operating is because of all of us enthusiasts who organized a massive cruise and lobbied for RCMP... This is how you re-pay us? Here's a big FUCK YOU.

lhatton
04-18-2010, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by vengie

We shouldn't have to pay for it... its a race track... it should operate as such.

This I agree with. How safe is it going to be for a 10 and 11 second car trying to hook up without the VHT? And without it, those cars are more than likely not going to show up.

Man I miss Mission Raceway...

gregh
04-18-2010, 08:47 PM
If my GF's mild car couldn't hook on a raw track yesterday, I'm glad I left my car at home.

It run's mid 11's just on motor & would have been all over the track yesterday.

DarrinGTA
04-19-2010, 11:58 AM
I agree wholeheartedly that Art should buy a barrell of VHT for Friday's... but this is not going to happen. It was discussions between myself, Greg and the CDRA that now has us where we are with having some stick on Fridays. We all owe the CDRA a Thank You for helping us out with this as in my discussions with Andy (pres of CDRA) and being out at the track this last Sat afternoon... we will have some VHT to spray on the track but we need to chip in with the CDRA to help pay for the VHT. One barrell of VHT will last the Friday night crowd a whole season. There is a half barrell of VHT at the track right now and it was agreed between myself and Andy that we can use some on Friday's but we (the Friday night guys) will chip in and help pay for it.
Art will not raise the rate by $1 to offset the cost so this is why we are going to put a collection bucket at the gate and one at tech to help offset the cost to the CDRA. These guys have been great with us over the years of Friday nights and have spent many hours of their own time to help us run Friday nights. Friday nights were never a "CDRA" event and they got nothing out of it except having some fun with us and being a part of the large drag racing family that we are. This year, the CDRA will be even more present at Friday nights as they have agreed to help us (the volunteers) even more and help oevrsee the operation on Fridays so that the volunteers can do what we need to do......
Have a great night of drag racing and make sure everything goes smoothly.

DarrinGTA
04-19-2010, 12:04 PM
Timing system: ... before anyone starts about the timing system and the issue's we had last year... the whole system was just looked at and tested this last Sat afternoon. We have 2 minor issue's that shouldn't be that hard to fix before we start running this year. We have also found all the operators manuals and Kerri is and will be spending many hours studying it and getting to know this system inside-out. As it goes right now... the system works fine except for a glitch with the 1320' sensors in the right lane and that should be recitified within the next week or so. The other issue does not stop us from racing or getting proper time slips.

ps.... thanx Greg for letting me take the Camaro up the strip a couple of times.... I look forward to seeing it run on a prepped track after it's tuned up...... should be fun!! :)

banned3x
04-19-2010, 05:16 PM
Wow I'm excited!!! I want to go as many times as I can get this year. The only thing stoping me is my wife and her bitchiness.

gregh
04-19-2010, 10:36 PM
At the CDRA meeting tonight we discussed the repairs the track is supposed to be getting as well as the VHT for Fridays situation.

A couple of members stepped up & the VHT fund is now at $100 already.

Sil80_D
04-19-2010, 11:13 PM
That is very generous of them :thumbsup:

84stock
04-22-2010, 06:05 PM
Totally sad effort from the track owner indeed. After all the effort everyone to put in and support for the track we have to have a debate on prepping it, shitty!!

I really hope someone else comes up with a new track solution with a completely new set of owners and get it going before the new lease expires and see the city force the lease payments to the current owner to the bitter end.

Last of all, they don't even bother to keep their site up to date, pathetic!

How many other people checked the site last week with the beautiful weather to see if they might launch an early secret street? Nothing, nada, no updates what-so-ever!

Sure I will visit the track, probably run my car a couple times, but I sure as hell plan on taking a trip to Edmonton or medicine Hat to check the competition.

cjmr34
04-22-2010, 11:53 PM
Agree very frustrating they don't keep the website updated
I did the exact same thing.

2Valve0
04-23-2010, 12:21 AM
I don't understand how everyone worked so hard and supported them keeping it open, but they really treat the customers like shit. :dunno:

Sentry
04-23-2010, 12:49 PM
Site updated.

cjmr34
04-24-2010, 12:27 AM
looks like secret street will start april 30th http://www.racecity.com/
who's gonna go?

kras
04-24-2010, 08:19 AM
I'd go buy my car isn't running yet :(

84stock
04-25-2010, 09:53 PM
They can't even update their site properly, it says :"We are working hard to get the facility ready for the start of Secret Street on September 30, 2010."

Wow, what more can I say

Synne
04-25-2010, 11:24 PM
i wish shit wasn't so disorganized.

gregh
04-26-2010, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by 84stock
They can't even update their site properly, it says :"We are working hard to get the facility ready for the start of Secret Street on September 30, 2010."

Wow, what more can I say

I have no idea what site you are looking at, it said April yesterday, last night & again when I looked right now.

But you are absolutely right about RC needing to get their shit together.

Sentry
04-26-2010, 04:13 PM
It definitely did say September, but they fixed it.

84stock
04-26-2010, 06:55 PM
with a forecast guarantying rain it will still be a while.....too bad a couple nice fridays passed by already...

DarrinGTA
04-29-2010, 02:06 PM
The site has been updated. We were hoping for this Friday to start running but with the weather (damn snow) being as it is, the pits will be a mud fest. May 7th is now the first night for Secret Street (weather once again permitting)

Modelexis
04-30-2010, 10:33 AM
But today's such a nice day!

DarrinGTA
05-01-2010, 12:43 AM
It was nice today... somewhat.... but not nice enough to race today. Water was seeping thru the cracks on the track making it un-raceable today. May 7 is scheduled for the first Secret Street......
I'll give ya'll some more updated news now.......

I was out at the track today along with Kerri (my bitter half) and Andy (CDRA president). Kerri worked on the timing system and has gotten almost every issue with parameters and settings almost fixed and set up. Anything that would be an issue to us on Fridays in that aspect has been addressed/fixed.
Andy and I worked on the sensor issue's that we were having. I rebuilt 2 sensors and Andy did one as well. The sensors ALL work excellent now and the timing system works almost flawlessly. There is one minor issue that will not affect the timing system and that is a glitch in the circuit board for the left lane scoreboard. Sometimes it malfunctions and shows funky lines all over the board..... this DOES NOT affect the ET slip that you will get...... it just makes it impossible for the spectators to know what the time/speed was in the left lane. This issue should be rectified before the Father's Day weekend.
As for rules on Friday nights..... we should have received the AHRA rule book and our tech tests before now.... we haven't. Myke (senior tech) and I have discussed and agreed that Friday nights will run the same as we have and that is under IHRA rules.
One final point.........................................................
we WILL be spraying VHT to the same distance as we did last year... approx 90 feet. There will be a bucket at tech to collect donations of a buck or two from those who can help us out to pay for a barrell of VHT. (We again must thank the CDRA for allowing us to use their VHT and chip in towards the cost of purchasing the next barrell). Right now, we have $350 towards a barrell and we are getting a wicked deal on a barrell of VHT for $825 now. (VHT costs up to $1000/barrell depending on the supplier).

See you all at the track...... keep the dirty side down and let's rip the rubber off the tires!!!!! One more week and we go RACING!!!!!!!!!!! :) :clap: :thumbsup: :nut: :burnout:

88jbody
05-01-2010, 10:45 AM
whatever change I have in my pocket when I pass through the gates will be going into the VHT fund. even if it means latter in the year when I am running my car it means I'll break more axles. LOL

gregh
05-01-2010, 03:55 PM
The VHT collection can is going to be at the Tech line up. Just ask anyone there & they will point you to it.

Any donation is greatly appreciated by everyone who will be racing there.