PDA

View Full Version : Some *&$%er broke into my car tonight!

mtsbirch
12-06-2003, 02:32 AM
I was at a christmas party tonight. When I came out I found my passenger door window smashed out, the face plate ripped off my dash, the stereo gone. My tools, my sunglasses, my leatherman, my CDs, all gone.
I wouldn't be so pissed off if I thought for one second that the guy(s) who stole my stuff really NEEDED the money. But you know its some punk doing it for kicks or beer money.
I'd really like to catch them doing it, just once.

Merry Christmas, you thieving waste of skin!

Sorry for the rant.
:(

sandman
12-06-2003, 02:39 AM
:guns: shit man, at least not around the holidays eh ppl hav no goodness in them
wat kidna stuff was it, i can keep an eye open

euro tang
12-06-2003, 02:50 AM
yo i know exacly how you feel because i had it happen to me twice before and I remember I have never been more pissed off then when it happened. Thats why I dont leave any valuble shit in my truck no more.

XylathaneGTR
12-06-2003, 03:11 AM
Shit man...that sucks. Sorry to hear man, sorry to hear.
Hope you find out who stole your stuff.
What brand and models were the parts stolen? This thread should also be stickied, and you should post the exact parts stolen, so if anyone hear's anything or if anything comes up for "cheap", someone might recall it from this thread.
That fucking sucks...

jdmmavericktR
12-06-2003, 03:13 AM
people really need to learn the value of working for your own shit. It all really comes down to respect. Respect for the property of others, respect for the hard work they did for that property, and respect for the .45 they're gonna catch one day.

gkAeris
12-06-2003, 06:35 AM
where was this?

DeSi
12-06-2003, 09:14 AM
guy this shit is gettin outa hand, best thing to do is get an alarm system, best 300 bucks you'll ever spend.

mtsbirch
12-06-2003, 01:06 PM
The officer who took my report says that alarm systems on a car are just a waste of money. She said that many reports she get are from people with alarms.
So what the hell can you do then?

It happened in Downtown Edmonton where I was parked on a street 2 car lengths away from a building with a security guard posted in the lobby.

They got:
Pioneer DH-3400 CD player.
Leatherman Multi tool
Smith sunglasses
Full Cd case
Large red tool box with
Full socket set in 3 sizes - Craftsman
2 sets of combination wrenches SAE and Metric - Mastercraft
Several other hand tools, pliers, vice grips, etc.

I had just gone to the junkyard and had my tools in the trunk.

They must have had a car close by, because I can't see someone running very fast with 60 lbs of tools in their hands.

sxtasy
12-06-2003, 01:20 PM
You say that you were parked out front of a building with a security guard, maybe there are some surveillance cameras on the outside of one of the buildings, just an idea:dunno:

mtsbirch
12-06-2003, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by sxtasy
You say that you were parked out front of a building with a security guard, maybe there are some surveillance cameras on the outside of one of the buildings, just an idea:dunno:

Thats a good idea. I never thought of that. I'll look into it. Thanks.

sandman
12-06-2003, 04:47 PM
hopefully they got a good look at em on camera, or if ur lucky the plate of the getaway vehicle providing they didnt steal a plate for the night as well

mwmhong
12-06-2003, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by mtsbirch
The officer who took my report says that alarm systems on a car are just a waste of money. She said that many reports she get are from people with alarms.
So what the hell can you do then?

All things being equal, an alarm does help.
Also, don't leave ANYTHING of value in the car.

mtsbirch
12-06-2003, 07:47 PM
Its funny, when I was at the glass shop today getting a new window installed, there was another guy there with another 95 Neon SC that was broken into last night. He said he lost $1000 worth.

Its too bad we can't use the alarm systems they have in South America. I saw an article once that showed one that had flame throwers mounted underneath the car so the thief would have his feet burnt to a crisp so he couldn't run away. A bit barbaric maybe but I'd be willing to settle for a less permanently damaging, yet somewhat painful system.

illeagle
12-06-2003, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by mwmhong

All things being equal, an alarm does help.
Also, don't leave ANYTHING of value in the car.
That's true, "out of sight, out of mind" That sucks, I'm sooo worried about that happening to me..

sandman
12-06-2003, 08:08 PM
it all depends
if u hav a pager alarm
then its worht it
if some1 breaks in ull know even if ur at the mall or something and u can book it out
and a back up siren is always a good idea, w/ the siren not in an obvious spot where the thiefs can jus cut the wiring to it so it sounds for 10 seconds while they pop the hood n cut it
pager alarms are the way to go IMO, along w/ a backup siren, and if ur worried abouyt ur whole car being stolen those removable steering wheels are pretty good for that...

rc2002
12-07-2003, 03:04 AM
Yeah it'd even be sweet to take your siren out with a pager alarm. Then you can bust them in the act, and they'll be totally caught off guard...

Damn car thieves! :guns: