PDA

View Full Version : street racing

noyzz_boyzz
12-06-2003, 11:16 AM
this question might be stupid but here it goes:

just want to know if street racing will kill your car by any means even if its a slow process (like too much pressure on the engine, etc)....cause I have this habit of street racing with my Integra..btw its a auto...

hope someone can help and you guys understand what I am trying to say...

3G
12-06-2003, 11:26 AM
it might but it will kill you. also if you do neutral drops you'll fuck ur tranny up

noyzz_boyzz
12-06-2003, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Mx6GtTurbo
also if you do neutral drops you'll fuck ur tranny up

what do u mean by that..could u explain it please...:dunno:

Mckenzie
12-06-2003, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by noyzz_boyzz

what do u mean by that..could u explain it please...:dunno:

In an auto, revving it up in neutral and then dropping into drive=bad

Brake tourque instead= Put the car into drive, put your foot on the brake and rev to whatever you want, then release the brake when you need to go. This will keep your revs up and allow your honda engine to get into its powerband range faster. But this is also VERY hard on the tranny, just like neutral dropping.

Idratherbsidewayz
12-06-2003, 11:58 AM
My car is a good example of one too many neutral drops. When i bought it there was a bigass hole in the side of the engine. From what i gather the connecting rod actually blew out the side of the engine. Worked out for me cuz i had an s13 body with a seized engine, and could get my sr20det. Neutral dropping is bad... When your racing, you can't really redline it cuz you have an auto, so you don't have to worry about your engine getting too wrecked.

rice_eater
12-06-2003, 12:32 PM
i give you a couple weeks max untill you post on here how cops are the devil and are picking on your student ass and they gave you this bullshit ticket that you totally didn't deserve! Street racing is gay...even i have stopped:nut:

prosh
12-06-2003, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by rice_eater
i give you a couple weeks max untill you post on here how cops are the devil and are picking on your student ass and they gave you this bullshit ticket that you totally didn't deserve! Street racing is gay...even i have stopped:nut:

Hasn't that already happened?!?!? I recall posting for advice bout how to get out of a 'ticket' he had gotten lol :drama:

DeSi
12-06-2003, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by rice_eater

so tru

hjr
12-06-2003, 02:00 PM

just want to know if street racing will kill your car by any means even if its a slow process (like too much pressure on the engine, etc)....cause I have this habit of street racing with my Integra..btw its a auto...

hope someone can help and you guys understand what I am trying to say... hahahaha, are you in high school? seriously, are you? cause i dont know anybody outside of a high school situation who would street race their automatic integra sedan! haha OMG this is sick. this has to be a joke...

Mckenzie
12-06-2003, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by hjr
hahahaha, are you in high school? seriously, are you? cause i dont know anybody outside of a high school situation who would street race their automatic integra sedan! haha OMG this is sick. this has to be a joke...

I dunno what you are thinkin but auto integra sedans have mAd TiGht hOrSePwer DAWG! :thumbsup:

;)

3G
12-06-2003, 02:15 PM
SoMeOnE's bEeN sMoKiNg ToO mUcH gAnJa y0!

googe
12-06-2003, 02:39 PM
BAN :thumbsdow

5.9 R/T
12-06-2003, 03:02 PM

hope someone can help and you guys understand what I am trying to say...

Go back from whence you came.

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17473

Kona9
12-06-2003, 05:34 PM
:banghead:

EK 2.0
12-06-2003, 06:05 PM
What's Street Racing??...

noyzz_boyzz
12-06-2003, 10:14 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mckenzie
[B]

I dunno what you are thinkin but auto integra sedans have mAd TiGht hOrSePwer DAWG! :thumbsup:

thanks dawg...maybe these guys need to drive a four door Integra to feel the horsepower....:D.....anywayz love my four door Integras horsepower...dont care what u people think...if u never driven one don't make it as though its not (powerful enough) for racing...IMO...:thumbsup:

GTS Jeff
12-06-2003, 10:21 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mckenzie
[B]

thanks dawg...maybe these guys need to drive a four door Integra to feel the horsepower....:D.....anywayz love my four door Integras horsepower...dont care what u people think...if u never driven one don't make it as though its not (powerful enough) for racing...IMO...:thumbsup: no one iz daWgIn On y0 r1de y0. tHey juzz makin fUn of YouSe and cuz StReet raCin Be stUpid. YO.

but seriously, ppl that wont shut up about how good street racing is will usually get their asses banned.

Hakkola
12-06-2003, 10:22 PM

thanks dawg...maybe these guys need to drive a four door Integra to feel the horsepower....:D.....anywayz love my four door Integras horsepower...dont care what u people think...if u never driven one don't make it as though its not (powerful enough) for racing...IMO...:thumbsup:

:rofl: hahaha :poosie:

This thread is awesome.

sandman
12-06-2003, 10:37 PM
street racing isnt the smartest thing man, if u actually hav speed goals with ur car, stick to track use and tune to see how much pwoer ur gaining of each mod, n how fast ur going, u can race ppl there too :thumbsup:, street racing when winter coming is even worse i think,

im pretty sure a sedan B18B auto would run like 16s if that, ur in league w/ civics and j bodies right now, so if thas racing to u, thas cool, i say get some mods going, and keep it at the track

flizzy home daw
12-06-2003, 11:28 PM
People that street race are crazy, right there in the city where all the cops are ... bad idea

Bruce Chan
12-07-2003, 11:38 PM
in my view, forget about street racing. now day is many

policemen on the street , even though you are not racing , not

speeding , they also will check you up because they are free

and boring sometime and they dont want to give tickets to people

in fact , this is their duty, jobs, work. speacially,

the end of the month, they have no choice.

they can waste you alot of time

to check your stuff such as licence, isurance, ownership, in fact is

cold outside the street recently....

if you are racing on the street and you got the ticket, they

ususally take you 15 to 30mins.

Depend you are repest them or not.

if i were you i would better stay home...or race on the track.

i know is far & expensive on track. but it is better than the

insurance price going up with a bad record.

i hope you won't feel sad after reading it, i know what you feel

about this.......

because when you drive fast, you will feel free,

you can know what driving level you are, and exciting.

how about competition on the outlook only is better than

the speed.

By the way, i dont think auto must be slower than manual.

My point is , who is driving on the car.

For example: i saw once, who drive 240sx auto car was

faster than manual S2000 , even though the manual car is

powerful more 100hps.

of course, if you drive auto and change your gears all the time,

drease speed from N to 4 3 2 1 going down step by step as the

same time

push your brake to find out the speed range, that is fine.

increase speed is just input ....(D) ,

is work from gear 1 2 3 4 for auto, but not nessary.

just my opinion

ShOwOfF
12-07-2003, 11:45 PM
^^^

Is it just me or did a small fraction of that just make sense

CalgaryB5
12-07-2003, 11:50 PM
:english:

GTS Jeff
12-07-2003, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by ShOwOfF
^^^

Is it just me or did a small fraction of that just make sense :nut:

1badPT
12-07-2003, 11:56 PM
holy shit :D

Ok there's just so much wrong with this thread I don't even know what to type.

This will have to do for now:

:drama: :bullshit: :thumbsdow :banghead: :nut: :dunno: :eek: :guns: :whocares: :whipped: :clap: :closed:

3G
12-07-2003, 11:59 PM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

max_boost
12-08-2003, 12:05 AM
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17473