PDA

View Full Version : FS: PG, BA, JL, and Alpine equipment

Soundstream
12-06-2003, 12:46 PM
I have the following items for sale. I will sell all items individually, although, I would really like to sell the head unit and CD changer together. I'll offer a nice discount to anyone who takes both (-$100). And an even nicer discount to anyone who wants the whole package. ;)

Please note that the paid price is what I paid in 2001 and not the current market price. I feel I have offered realistic prices, but if you do find that a price is way out of line, feel free to inform me (with some proof) privately, and I will adjust the price accordingly for you (if you are actually interested in the item).

ALL ITEMS
- Purchased in May 2001
- Original receipts available (no stolen items)
- Used (but never abused) for 2.5 years (35,000 km worth of driving time)
- Near mint condition
- Come with boxes, manuals, and accessories unless otherwise noted

Alpine CDA-7876 - $375 (PAID: $630 + tax)
Green Lights
http://www.xmradio.com/images/product_images/large/Alpine_CDA-7876.jpg
Amber Lights
http://photos.imageevent.com/soundstream/bmw330ci/websize/IMG_0847.JPG

Link to Hi-res version: http://photos.imageevent.com/soundstream/bmw330ci/IMG_0847.JPG

- Amplifier: 60W x 4 channels
- Preamp outputs: 3 pairs x 4 volt
- Subwoofer preamp outputs: Yes
- Display: Multicolor LED (Green or Amber)
- Remote: Included
- CD Changer Control: Yes
- Security: Detachable face
- Disc Title Memory
- CD Text / CD Text Display

Alpine CHA-S624 - $225 (PAID: $380 + tax)
http://www.lothianautoelectrical.co.uk/pics/cha-s624.jpg
- High-speed disc change
- Obstruction-free inside slide door
- CD-Text ready
- 150 discs title memory
- Optical digital output

Phoenix Gold XS4300 (ftp://208.187.38.55/Phoenix_Gold/Manuals/Amplifiers/XS/xs4chan.pdf) (no box) - $450 (PAID: $740 + tax)
http://www.phoenixgold.com/webfaq/Image30.jpg

- Into 4 ohms Stereo @ 12.5 VDC (IASCA) - 12 watts x 4
- Into 4 ohms Stereo @ 14.4 VDC - 35 watts x 4
- Into 2 ohms Stereo @ 14.4 VDC - 75 watts x 4
- Into 4 ohms Briged @ 14.4 VDC - 150 watts x 2 (Actual tested: 178 watts x 1 and 182 watts x 1)
- Crossover Frequencies - 20Hz to 20kHz (factory set at 100Hz)
- Crossover Slopes - 24dB per Octave
- Continuous Current Draw @ Full Power - 35 amps
- Peak Current Draw @ Full Power - 50 amps

Boston Acoustics ProSeries 6.5 (http://bostonacoustics.com/ca_product.asp?ProductID=59&CategoryID=14) - $350 (PAID: $575 + tax)
http://bostonacoustics.com/images/4x4/6_5Sys.JPG

- 6½" copolymer cone woofer
- Cast aluminum woofer basket
- 1" aluminum dome tweeter
- Axis-, flush-, surface-, and angle-mount tweeter mounting kit
- System-specific crossovers

JL Audio JL10W3 (http://jlaudio.com/subwoofers/10w3v2.html) (no box, no manual) - $150 (PAID: $300 + tax)
http://jlaudio.com/subwoofers/images/W3v2_MP.jpg

- Nominal Diameter: 10 inches (250 mm)
- Continuous Power Handling: 300 Watts
- Voice Coil: 2.25" diameter, 4-layer, Kapton former
- Available Configurations: Dual 2 ohm, Dual 4 ohm or Dual 6 ohm
- Xmax (one-way, linear): 0.51"-0.58" (13.0-14.7 mm) depending on specific model
- Sealed Enclosure Range: 0.60-0.90 cu.ft. (17.0-25.5 liters)
- Ported Enclosure Range: 1.00-1.50 cu.ft. (28.3-42.0 liters)

Items will not be held for more than 24 hours (enough time to come and pick it up), unless a deposit is offered and alternate arrangements are made.

Please e-mail me at [email protected] for more information.

Cheers ... Ian :)

Triptronic
12-06-2003, 01:07 PM
I might be intereted if you go lower on the deck!

Soundstream
12-06-2003, 01:17 PM
I am willing to negotiate a bit. Especially if you take the CD changer with the head unit (it is a bit more difficult to sell those 2 items separately.

E-mail me with an offer and I'll let you know.

bighead411
12-06-2003, 02:44 PM
hey. any damage on the BA speakers? where a u located? do u have any actual pics of the speakers? if so, pls e-mail to [email protected] very much.

aftermarket
12-06-2003, 07:45 PM
1)What is the voice coil for the W3? Is it dual 4 ohm, dual 2 ohm, hmm?
2) Is the Alpine changer the mp3 compatible model or not? Can't remember....

Pics?

Pm me with the info and pics if you have them, I'd be interested.

Soundstream
12-06-2003, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by Accent
1)What is the voice coil for the W3? Is it dual 4 ohm, dual 2 ohm, hmm?
2) Is the Alpine changer the mp3 compatible model or not? Can't remember....

Pics?

Pm me with the info and pics if you have them, I'd be interested.

Honestly, I can't remember the exact setup of everything. I paid attention when I had them install it, but once it was installed I just listened to it. I didn't modify it or anything, so I kinda forget. It is running on 2 of the briged channels on the XS4300. So most likely it is whatever the optiimal driver is for the 4 ohm bridged setup.

The Alpine CD changer is not MP3 compatible, unfortunately.

Sorry, no pics (other than the one I posted of the headunit), but everything is in immaculate condition.

To be honest, I haven't uninstalled the system yet. I will be doing it this week and then I can take pictures of everything cuz it seems you guys are requesting them. And I can provide a more detailed description and answer to questions.

See, I didn't realize the high amount of traffic on this board. I posted on some other board and got 0 responses in a week. So I figured that by the time someone responded on here, I would have uninstalled the stuff later in the week.

But I've got several responses which was unexpected. Anyways, I think what is best is that I get everything uninstalled (I think I'll try and do it on Wednesday), and then get you pics of the actual pieces and inform you of all the complete specs and any possible damage that may have occured (very unlikely).

Although there is one person who wants to actually listen to the whole system in the car. So I ono what to tell him.

sandman
12-06-2003, 08:03 PM
some decent deals man :thumbsup:

is it a W3 or a a W3V2?

Soundstream
12-06-2003, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by sandman
some decent deals man :thumbsup:

is it a W3 or a a W3V2?

My guess is that it is the W3V2, since the W3 only comes in 15 and 18 inch sizes (at least according to JL's website).

Like I said, I think the best thing is for me to uninstall everything ASAP and answer all the questions once it is uninstalled and photographed for your viewing pleasure. ;)

Thanx for the thumbs up on the deals though. :)

aftermarket
12-07-2003, 10:43 AM
Yeah, I wanna see the 10" JL for sure. PM me for a time to come and see it once its out of your ride.

Soundstream
12-07-2003, 04:11 PM
Well I am removing the items from the car anyways, since I am selling the vehicle shortly. So even if the stuff doesn't sell right away, I'll just hang on to it until it does. I am not desperate for money, so there is no rush for me to get rid of it at an undervalued price.

I have sold many items over message boards (not this one though) and know what you sometimes have to put up with (low-ballers, and people who can't commit).

One more thing though. I have had a lot of people contact me and ask quesitons such as "I have a XXXXX car. How loud will the setup be if I installed it in my XXXXX car?". I don't mean to be rude, but that is an impossible question to answer. Not just because of the dynamics of the individual car in question, but I have no clue as to what the rest of your system consists of.

spike98
12-07-2003, 06:46 PM
What would you be looking for, for both the HU and the changer??

Shoot me a PM

Soundstream
12-07-2003, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by spike98
What would you be looking for, for both the HU and the changer??

I said I would knock $100 off the total price if someone bought both these items together. I think that is a half-decent incentive.

$375 + $225 = $600 - $100 = $500

aftermarket
12-07-2003, 10:38 PM
LOL.....oh damm....if you can provide me with pics and more info for the sub, lets go from there. I really thought you lived in calgary. We can still do this deal if the sub is in mint shape and its the right configuration.

I'll wait for the pics.

bighead411
12-08-2003, 01:35 AM
yea. i guess alot of ppl is waiting for the pics now. since he is not in town.

Soundstream
12-08-2003, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by bighead411
yea. i guess alot of ppl is waiting for the pics now. since he is not in town.
"In town"? Is this a Calgary based message board?

I kind of assumed everyone was from the Toronto area.

Now I see why pics might be so important, cuz you guys can't exactly drop by to pick up the stuff in person. I'll try and get them done ASAP. Just got to book some time at a shop to uninstall everything and replace it.

aftermarket
12-08-2003, 11:24 AM
Okay, no problem, just let us know.

Soundstream
12-14-2003, 01:52 AM
Below is a link to a photo album of the pictures I took of the equipment, now that it is out of the car.

As you will see, all the items are in mint condition, with no scratches or signs of wear and tear. The guy doing the uninstall said that if I had all the boxes for everything I could get away with selling it all as new equipment. Although I am more honest than that. ;)

http://imageevent.com/soundstream/caraudioequipment

A few things to note:

- For some reason, the wiring for one of the crossover connections for the Boston Acoustics crossover is stuck. It can probably be removed, but I can't seem to do it. The unit still works, as long as you splice your wire onto the existing one. But because of this, I am knocking $50 off the price.

- The subwoofer is a 10W3-D2 dual voice coil woofer for those of you that were asking.

- An enclosure for the woofer is available for $50. It is of solid construction, and would only need some carpeting (only the top is carpeted as that is all I needed the way it was installed in my vehicle).

Other than the minor issue with the BA crossover, this equipment is honestly in absolute mint condition (especially the subwoofer and amplifier).

I know some of you PM'd me in the past, but if you are still interested after seeing detailed pictures, please contact me again so we can work out a deal. I can negotiate a bit on the head unit and the changer, but the other subwoofer and amplifier are pretty solid prices considering they honestly cannot be distinguished from new ones.

aftermarket
12-14-2003, 11:26 AM
Check your pm, Ian. Thanks for posting up the pics.

Soundstream
12-16-2003, 01:47 PM
A couple of people have backed out of deals now, so I figured I would re-update this thread.

The subwoofer has been sold.

The following items are still available, and I have lowered the prices so that I don't have to go through all the haggling all over again.

Head Unit - $300 including shipping
CD Changer - $200 including shipping
Amplifier - $350 including shipping
Component Speakers - $275 including shipping

One thing I do ask is that if you do work out a deal with me, please make sure you actually have money to buy the item BEFORE we negotiate the price. Otherwise the time spent negotiating is a complete waste. Thanx. :)