PDA

View Full Version : Pics from Afghanistan

C_Dave45
04-04-2010, 01:23 PM
*edit* (again)

Alright...sorry to the normal people. (thanks for the class PM too, btw)

They're nothing special..I just thought they were cool.

If this isn't an endorsement for Canon Durability:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_sY9FRN6Xib4/S64TXJ4sNSI/AAAAAAAAOjM/j3ZBaa57kxE/s1600/AP100302020316.sJPG_950_2000_0_75_0_50_50.jpeg

And more: http://www.webofentertainment.com/2010/03/war-in-afghanistan-captured-on-iphone.html

The things this guy must see. Saw the movie "Brothers" last night....very moving on what our troops go through.

EvolizePhoto
04-04-2010, 01:25 PM
ugggg this is the 11th forum i've seen these reposted lol

NRGie
04-04-2010, 01:33 PM
???

Id like to see it??

banned3x
04-04-2010, 01:35 PM
wtf? i want to see them too!! dave shut up man!
not you dave 45. post them back i wanna see

Go4Long
04-04-2010, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by EvolizePhoto

holy shit, you belong to 11 forums? fawk.

Just because you've seen something on another forum doesn't make it a repost here. Maybe there's people on here that don't have enough free time to frequent 20 forums, and haven't seen this link yet...me for example...I belong to a few forums and I still haven't seen it yet, and now because of your remark based solely on your own experience, I have to go and PM this guy to get the link. I'm sorry you had to see the link again...but its part of belonging to a bunch of different forums is someone else finding it interesting on each one.

rated_R
04-04-2010, 01:39 PM
post'em up man, I want to see my home country

msommers
04-04-2010, 01:41 PM
I'd like to see them as well.

Barking_Spidre
04-04-2010, 01:42 PM
Way to ruin it.

C_Dave45
04-04-2010, 01:47 PM
thanks everyone. If I run across a thread or a set of pics I've seen before I just move along...a simple "back" click and voila..problem solved. No need to brag that you knew about it or saw it first or how boring you found it.

Go4Long
04-04-2010, 01:50 PM
that's pretty cool...reminds me of some of the winter stuff that Ole Jorgen posted on Canon Field Reviews where his whole kit bag is full of snow.

The_Rural_Juror
04-04-2010, 02:43 PM
I really need to sign up for more forums. Looks like I'm missing out on some good stuff. Thanks for posting C_Dave45.

-Not Dave

quazimoto
04-04-2010, 04:46 PM
I did photos when it was -47 degrees celcius with no wind chill in Lake Louise last year. It was insanely cold. All the cars were freezing up at the hotels, your skin would freeze within seconds of going outside and the camera would work fine however the lenses when it starts to get that cold start to have focusing issues.

I think they build the bodies like tanks. I've used both Canon and Nikon bodies in some rather extreme situations. Heck my D3x got nailed by a huge wave just a few months ago and it was perfectly fine. It takes some fairly severe to damage pro level equipment.............

Kind of like a hockey puck hitting a $2,000 lens :)

Go4Long
04-04-2010, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by quazimoto
Kind of like a hockey puck hitting a $2,000 lens :)

hahaha...hush your mouth :poosie:

and for those of you that have no idea what he's talking about...my 70-200 took a hockey puck off the Zoom ring over the weekend...still works fine, with the exception of the zoom sticking :(

EvolizePhoto
04-04-2010, 04:52 PM
Couple of you can seriously go and harass somebody else. Big deal I saw on 11 other forums and felt like "ugh'ing" because I saw them again. Seriously, get the hell off me. I have a few of you on my ignore list because you have a habit of harassing me in every thread I post in, you can feel free to grow up and get off me already.

quazimoto
04-04-2010, 04:53 PM
Send it into Nikon and tell them it's been that way since day one and they will repair it. So long as the majority of the damage is on the inside. That's just freak luck. Granted I almost got ran over by a horse with mine yesterday when I was down near spruce meadows.

Go4Long
04-04-2010, 04:54 PM
Couple of you can seriously go and harass somebody else. Big deal I saw on 11 other forums and felt like "ugh'ing" because I saw them again. Seriously, get the hell off me. I have a few of you on my ignore list because you have a habit of harassing me in every thread I post in, you can feel free to grow up and get off me already.

he's a new poster to the board, last thing we wanted was to make him think he shouldn't post things he found interesting.

He just hadn't learned to ignore your whining like everyone else in this board has yet, so he needed to be advised...mission accomplished.

Originally posted by quazimoto
Send it into Nikon and tell them it's been that way since day one and they will repair it. So long as the majority of the damage is on the inside. That's just freak luck. Granted I almost got ran over by a horse with mine yesterday when I was down near spruce meadows.

yup, it'll get sent in...I'm going to call them tomorrow and see what my options are...I need it back for may first as it's opening weekend in vancouver and I've already got my plane tickets booked.

banned3x
04-04-2010, 04:55 PM

relax kid, remember the thirds a charm :poosie:

EvolizePhoto
04-04-2010, 05:16 PM
Threadstarter:

My apologies for any insinuations or actions that may have been implied with the above post.

Was not my intention to disregard your post or force you to close the thread. Please accept my apology.
Thanks,

-Dave

banned3x
04-04-2010, 05:54 PM
Threadstarter:

My apologies for any insinuations or actions that may have been implied with the above post.

Was not my intention to disregard your post or force you to close the thread. Please accept my apology.
Thanks,

-Dave

bwahahhhaahaaa
sig'd lol
dave ur funny

EvolizePhoto
04-04-2010, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by banned3x

bwahahhhaahaaa
sig'd lol
dave ur funny I appreciate the kind regards.

Thanks,

-Dav

The_Rural_Juror
04-04-2010, 06:48 PM
I would much rather have the lens take a puck than off my pretty mug. Plastic surgery is expensive.

-Not Dav

Melinda
04-04-2010, 09:32 PM
Cut the drama you guys.

OP: thanks for the link, some of those were really cool!

Dave: think before you post about how you are coming off when you make comments like "augh, AGAIN?" and remember that you aren't the only person on this forum.

To everyone else: get rid of the '-not Dave' sign offs. They count as instigating and you will start getting user points deducted from now on.