PDA

View Full Version : Thank you very much too the RCMP officer with a sense of humor for letting me off a s

lookin4civic
04-04-2010, 11:28 PM
So i was coming up too the qe2 at 123 km when my radar detector went off too late...so he asks why i was going so fast i said i was going with the flow of traffic. He grinned looked both ways up the highway and said there is no one else on the road. I grinned at him and said well someone has to set the pace. And he started to laugh. He check my paper work and let me go cause i made him laugh though he told me to slow down. It's good to see that some members have a sense of humor but i did full out deserve that ticket though i am not complaining he let me off.

ghust
04-04-2010, 11:32 PM
hahah awesome story man.:thumbsup:

wintonyk
04-04-2010, 11:37 PM
haha thats great. Some of us smarten up from these experiences. Its nice to know that not all RCMP are anal as the last 2 i have met led me to believe.

Wrinkly
04-04-2010, 11:40 PM
Cool! I was wondering if this ever happened these days. It is early in the month though.

:thumbsup:

01RedDX
04-05-2010, 12:05 AM

revelations
04-05-2010, 01:14 AM
RCMP dont have quotas like the CPS, and there are a many good regular members who let drivers like OP off for going 123 on the highway - especially if OP has a good driving history.

Now about those TRAFFIC RCMP members that work the Ponoka area QE2.... hoo boy. :banghead:

sillysod
04-05-2010, 08:16 AM
RCMP are generally not too bad -- if you aren't a douche to them.

The Sherrif's are absolutely horrible to deal with though :thumbsdow

rage2
04-05-2010, 08:20 AM
They're not bad at all, unless you're near Ponoka.

ExtraSlow
04-05-2010, 08:46 AM
I have never, ever, had a cop ask me why I was driving so fast. Never asked me if I knew what speed I was going.
Every single time it's license, registration, wait, ticket.
I've had a half dozen tickets too.

SilverGS
04-05-2010, 09:17 AM
Only had a couple experiences with RCMP but both times they were fine. First time through Ponoka I was being and an idiot and got caught but the officer apoligized for having to give me a ticket even though I deserved one. The second time through Banff they knocked the speed down to the minimum amount because I asked him how his day was going. Both times they were courteous and not douche at all.

Kloubek
04-05-2010, 09:23 AM
The only cops that have ever let me off are the RCMP. As mentioned - it must have to do with the quota.

Tik-Tok
04-05-2010, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow
I have never, ever, had a cop ask me why I was driving so fast. Never asked me if I knew what speed I was going.
Every single time it's license, registration, wait, ticket.
I've had a half dozen tickets too.

Yep. I tried pleading my case to one, but he just stared at me with a blank look in his face, let me finish, then walked back to his car to write the ticket without saying a word. (I was getting sandblasted by a 18 wheelers with an empty deck, that never swept it, and was trying to get in front of him, caught @ 124 km/h on deerfoot).

I remember my first ever speeding ticket was in my '67 Cougar, had a female RCMP pull me over on #1 in Banff park. She loved my car and couldn't stop asking me about it. Still wrote me a ticket, but for doing 105 in a 90, instead of the 130 I was doing :angel:

edit: mind you this was before they went retarded with the fines/demerits so even with a ticket for the full amount, it wouldn't have been a big deal at the time.

Jlude
04-05-2010, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by lookin4civic
So i was coming up too the qe2 at 123 km when my radar detector went off too late...so he asks why i was going so fast i said i was going with the flow of traffic. He grinned looked both ways up the highway and said there is no one else on the road. I grinned at him and said well someone has to set the pace. And he started to laugh. He check my paper work and let me go cause i made him laugh though he told me to slow down. It's good to see that some members have a sense of humor but i did full out deserve that ticket though i am not complaining he let me off.

I'll raise...

Was in N.B. in 08, had a meeting with an engineering firm in Moncton, N.B. and I was in Saint John. RCMP going the opposite way on a divided highway "clocked" me doing 175. I slowed down after I saw him. Only 5 miles up the road a RCMP was off to the side of the road, waiting for me. Pulled me over and we chatted for a bit, told me the other cop clocked me at 175. He asked me what I was doing driving like that (I'm in a suit, which helped the story), I told him that I was on my way to Moncton for an interview with an engineering firm, looking to "get back to the maritimes and be close to family"... worked like a charm. I'm sure he really didn't have me clocked, but still was lucky to get away with nothing. He just said good luck and keep it slow.

TorqueDog
04-05-2010, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Kloubek
The only cops that have ever let me off are the RCMP. As mentioned - it must have to do with the quota. I got let off by CPS once - he said he had to go to run a Drinking and Driving checkstop. Asked me if I had consumed any alcohol (I had not), and was on his way after a glance at my license and registration.

I had my license and registration in hand and sitting on the window sill as he walked up, the car was well lit inside so he could see in, and as he walked up, I immediately admitted to him that I probably had not been driving 'reasonably'.

He crossed four lanes of medium-density Deerfoot traffic to chase me up a ramp, so I was still shocked he left me with a verbal warning.

DonJuan
04-05-2010, 12:14 PM
Great story, I'll have to try that one next time.

speedog
04-05-2010, 12:21 PM
CPS let me off a red light ticket on MacLeod and 42nd ave and I didn't even have my insurance/registration papers in my vehicle - was courteous to the CPS officer and it worked to my benefit.

Also was caught doing 160kph on my motorbike on John Laurie west of 19th street - got off that ticket as the CPS officer figured my day had just got considerably worse after my bike fell over and broke the most off the clutch handle off (less than a $40 fix). Again was very courteous to the CPS officer and it worked to my benefit.

Be polite and courteous and the rewards can often be realized. Have still gotten other tickets over the years and decades, but most of them have all been reduced right on the spot because of being polite and courteous to the attending oficers.

G-ZUS
04-05-2010, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by revelations
RCMP dont have quotas like the CPS, and there are a many good regular members who let drivers like OP off for going 123 on the highway - especially if OP has a good driving history.

Now about those TRAFFIC RCMP members that work the Ponoka area QE2.... hoo boy. :banghead:

Originally posted by sillysod
RCMP are generally not too bad -- if you aren't a douche to them.

The Sherrif's are absolutely horrible to deal with though :thumbsdow

Originally posted by rage2
They're not bad at all, unless you're near Ponoka.

Or the numb nuts who hide under the Dunbow Road bridge

Tomaz
04-05-2010, 01:47 PM
Personally I noticed that if I am polite and treat them as if I were in the states, i seem to be having better and better encounters with the law.

Mind you, i have been a good little boy for some time now :angel:

scat19
04-05-2010, 03:30 PM
lol @ the story.

Tomaz, be careful what you say. I said that and boom. Tickets galore.

Dizzydude101
04-05-2010, 10:37 PM
Haha that's hilarious!

I have always treated police officers with respect and I have had no problems whatsoever. But I have a few (probably lame) stories to share. I apologize for the long post but I hope they're a little bit entertaining.

It was either a summer late in Jr. High or early in High School when some friends and I were hanging out in a school field. Some of them just came back from Mexico and brought with them some firecrackers (including some good sized M80s). We were having fun throwing them around and decided to stick an M80 in a tennis ball and drop it in a garbage can (the solid ones with the lid). We drop it in with the lid propped open with a stick. All of us are disappointed when the lid falls, but we continue to stare with anticipation when BANG! The entire panel where the bag is replaced on the side is blown open! We're all laughing as we walk away, proud of our explosive power and making sure it didn't catch on fire (honest!) when I turn back to see a paddywagon following us on the field!
Having to act out our gangster fantasies, we all flee from the fuzz, except for one who stops to chat with them. They're just like, "why did they run away?"
"I don't know, they're idiots"
"Alright we just got some complaints of some loud noises in the area"
"Yeah we were just messing around with some firecrackers"
"Oh okay we thought so, just be careful with them and make sure you don't set something on fire. And tell your friends that they're pussies".

Another time a while back, some friends and I were playing airsoft at a park when CPS gets called (even had HAWCs fly over us beforehand haha) by some paranoid neighbour. These are only spring loaded, clear guns with some distance away from any houses/windows (my defense: I know you're not allowed to do this in public, but it was in a small unused/always empty residential park which is why we chose it, we'd never play if there were people around). Two cruisers showed up, and after a little lecture they let us go (didn't take the guns or anything).

A few months ago I was driving in Lethbridge on my way to school. It was the Monday after my birthday weekend, which also happened to be when my license expired. Since I wanted to get ultra-refreshed over the weekend, I didn't want to renew my license and end up with a temp. that cannot be used to buy liquor (Lethbridge I find is pretty regular when asking for ID, plus it doesn't help I look about 16, maybe 18 during No Shave November :)). Well I happened to pull in front of LA's finest. I was driving for a little bit, eying my rear-view as if Jessica Alba were stripping on my trunk. Thinking to myself that maybe they don't have such information on their computer.
"Ha Ha Ha! The police ain't got nothin on me"
*whoop whoop*
A little bit of pee came out.
I pull over and I see that he is an officer of no tom-foolery. I can already feel myself pushing out my cleavage (I'm a dude, that was a joke). I snap out of it and greet him, he asks for my ID and registration. I try a little small talk to be friendly and by the grace of Odin's beard that it will distract him so he won't notice the expiry date on my license.
He didn't care that the weather was cold this particular morning, and said that I have an expired license which would result in a $230 ticket with my vehicle possibly being impounded. He looks at my backpack on my front seat, back at me, hands me my license and says get it renewed while throwing me a towel for my soiled pants. (that last part wasn't true).

My last story (thank the heavens!) is one that happened pretty recently. I was driving down Lethbridge's biggest roadway (90km/h) when I heard a loud bang. Being raised in the toughest NW Calgary suburban neighbourhood, I'm hardened to the perils that this life includes: With not so much as a flinch I think that some fool must of taken a shot at me with an Uzi or something, when I notice it's just my tire that's blown out. I pull over when almost instantly there's an officer behind me. Basically he doesn't want me changing the tire by myself, and to get someone to help (not an attack on my masculinity or mechanical ability, but rather for my safety since it was at night with people speeding right behind where I am to work).
In short, he offered me a ride to the place I was going to bring a buddy back with me, and I think I was a little nervous (not so gangster afterall I guess) because without thinking, I reached into my car and brought out my 6pack from the backseat that I was going to use to pregame at my friends house (contrary to what you may think I did NOT have anything to drink before driving). Yes. I was going to bring my pregame beers with me in the cruiser.
I learned that it is infact illegal to have alcohol in reach of the driver (I always thought it was if it were open alcohol. I'm always learning!). But he let it go and I joined him in his car. I said that being in the back of a cruiser totally increased my street cred, he laughed and dropped me off at my friends house. Of course my friend didn't have his car, and the rest of them were in no condition to drive. So my friend took charge and asked the officer if it was at all possible that he could give us a ride back there. I was thinking that we would both get a baton to the throat (rightfully so) but he checked his computer and was able to drop us off on his way. We had a really good conversation, and I flirted with some girls while stopped at a redlight, smiling at them and acting like I had been arrested for some totally badass crime. I saw them both shudder with lust.
The officer dropped us off after declining to join us for drinks and thanking him profusely.

tl;dr RESPEK officers and you will be treated accordingly. And that I have too much free time. (Cut me some slack I'm procrastinating to write a paper)

btimbit
04-06-2010, 12:02 AM
That's the nice thing about the RCMP, they'll only give you a ticket if you were actually endangering others.

In my experience at least, that seems to be generally true. Of course there will be the occasional douche or bloke having a bad day.

Meback
04-06-2010, 12:14 AM
I have only dealt with CPS and I can tell you that they have been absolutely great too me.

Last summer when I got pulled over near stony trail and country hills the officer asked me if I was married. I told him "no" and he tells me to go spend the hundrend and odd dollars on my girlfriend and walks away. :clap:

Couple of months ago I got pulled over on barlow near peigan trail. Going 115 in an 70 zone. This is what the cop said too me " this normally would be a 3xx.00 ticket, 4 demiert points, and your insurance would definitly goo up, but tonight I will let you off with a warning." :thumbsup:

Needless to say both times I drove away with the biggest grin on my face. You guys would be surprised how much better they treat you when you aint being a dink about being pulled over.

Shlade
04-06-2010, 06:15 PM
All really depends on the cop man... all depends on the cop..

lookin4civic
04-08-2010, 12:25 AM
ur right it all depends on the cop...when i was much younger i lived in a small town and i got pulled at 2 am to check for dui. I explained i was the dd and had been drinking pop all night. We left dropped one buddy off and the same dick pulled me again to check for a dui.This time i was pissed (same cop 20 min later)and when he asked me if i had been drinking i told him i was drinking all night. So he hauled me off to the cop shop 65km away woke up his co to do the breathalizer(small town rural rcmp so not unusual). When i blew stone cold sober the arresting officer asked me what i had been drinking and told him pop. He asked why i never mentioned that before i said that i had the first time you pulled me over 20 min previous. His co check with dispatch and saw that was correct.Needless to say the cop was in shit. His co personally drove me to my car apologizing all the way though he did say i shouldn't have wasted their time. i said it never would have happened had he not pulled me over or if it would have been a different cop at least but was pissed i had not done anything illegal and it was the same guy. I hadn't even changed vehicles.The cop was transfered a month later.

R154
04-08-2010, 05:06 AM
Last summer I had just finished putting my 240 back together after nearly 9 months of slowly building it. Black coupe style s13 rolling on white enkei's. screamer pipe poking out my wheel well and a n1 busting out the back. Tint all the way around. I was literally flying down john laurie nearing shaggy at 2:30 in the morning on a tuesday night. I must have been doing easily over 200km/h I mean my tach was almost buried in 4th. All I saw as I was 2 sets of lights go up behind me, I KNEW I had blown by a ghost car, but at the time (before the cherry's lit up) I thought maybe it was a taxi. There was about 5 seconds before I knew it was cops. The second set of lights was from the work truck cop car. I ripped on my ebrake and slowed down as fast as I safely could and pulled over. I knew I was fucked. I had only one other speeding ticket for 3 over + a tint/exhaust ticket the september before. The work truck just flew by me with its lights still on while the ghost car slowed and stoped behind me.

I put the windows down, turned off the car (well it was timing, and turned off shortly after the officer was talking to me) hands on the wheel and took my hat off. The officer marched up to my car with a smirk on his face and asked me why my car blew a flame out the side. Apparently when I blew past him I was shifting and I dumped a small (lol - xyce tuned my car...) fireball. Either way he shot the shit with me, asked about my mod's, whether I had been down at racecity. I showed him my slips and still had the white marker on my windshield from the past season. He ended up giving me a ticket for tint, 30 over. Nice guy considering I had pretty much admited I was going north of 140 when I blew by them, and before I knew they were cops I was touching 180.

It helps if your honest and when they ask you what you did wrong, you admit that you were well in the wrong if its obvious. Most cops dont like killing your fun, but its their job to make sure that fucking idiots dont kill themselves and other people.

Before someone shames me for speeding so recklessly on the street, despite having been at the track and supporting local motorsports, I realise that I was wrong, and there is no justification for ever going double the speed limit. But now I know better then to put my car through its paces on public roads. The time of day and day of the week is irrelevant, and I NEVER street race, EVER. But with that said I am still human, and addicted to boooooooooost. you'd have done the same if you had just got your car together again, and had done substantial mods, just had it tuned and a tank 1/2 full of vp110.

walperstyle3
04-20-2010, 11:26 AM
I've never gotten off of having a ticket. However, Its been about 8 years sense my last ticket. I'm 28, drive 3 times the speed limit most times, but I know what to look for.

Maybe its because a couple buds of mine back on the coast are RCMP now, I dunno.

FraserB
04-20-2010, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by walperstyle3
I've never gotten off of having a ticket. However, Its been about 8 years sense my last ticket. I'm 28, drive 3 times the speed limit most times, but I know what to look for.

Maybe its because a couple buds of mine back on the coast are RCMP now, I dunno.

Fuckwit