PDA

View Full Version : Calgary Herald Auto Classifieds

CivicCoupe09
04-05-2010, 11:48 AM
Does the calgary herald classifieds section for cars give people luck when trying to sell? Had my car listed on kijiji for a month and only 3 people came to look..

scat19
04-05-2010, 11:49 AM
If you're on kijiji, you need to lower your price so that all the cheap bums could potentially afford it/low ball you.

Unknown303
04-05-2010, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by scat19
If you're on kijiji, you need to lower your price so that all the cheap bums could potentially afford it/low ball you.

I nearly murdered a few people on Kijiji when selling my truck. It's a depessing place to sell a vehicle with all the people just dieing to offer 50% of you asking price.

CivicCoupe09
04-05-2010, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Unknown303

I nearly murdered a few people on Kijiji when selling my truck. It's a depessing place to sell a vehicle with all the people just dieing to offer 50% of you asking price.

Oh yea loads of low ballers, will calgary herald help though? worth the 59 bucks?

colt22
04-05-2010, 11:52 AM
The best is when people offer you arbitrary items for trade that dont come near the book value of the item your selling

bulaian
04-05-2010, 11:59 AM
If I were you, I'd post here on beyond, craigslist, buy/sell and autotrader. They're all free and let you upload pictures also. If you don't get the responses you're looking for after that, then maybe try to Calgary Herald route?

topmade
04-05-2010, 12:09 PM
Not worth $59 IMO. If you're going to pay, why not put it on actual sites that people go to, to buy/sell cars? AutoTrader and Buy sell are probably the best sites for that. Hell you can even put it on Kijiji and pay to have to on top for the first week or so. Even though there are horror stories, Kijiji does work.

93VR6
04-05-2010, 12:42 PM
I put an ad in the herald once, no calls, and it was for a jeep tj in the spring time.

Then I put it on buy sell and kijiji and got 4 calls in a week.

Unknown303
04-05-2010, 12:55 PM
I'm the end while I had horrible lowballers on Kijiji that was the site I ended up finding a buyer off of.

CivicCoupe09
04-05-2010, 12:59 PM
okay ill look into the $ route for AT and buysell

SCHIDER23
04-05-2010, 03:03 PM
Kijiji is horrible ask my brother lol, he is trying to sell a set of tires and you won't believe the kind of BS people ask him, or what they want to trade off for a set of tires, hell even here on beyond we have some really bad lowballers, even members that act like they are the shit, they will lowball you on a set of new tires at 20% of the total cost. When I decided to get rid of my summer tires on one of my vehicles, I prefer to give it away to a friend, instead of dealing with lowballers just not worth it.

Good luck with your sale, and don't give up my brother managed to sell his other set of tires which were brand new at the price he was asking, you just have to have patience, that's something some of us don't have.:thumbsup:

Vanner
04-05-2010, 06:47 PM
True, I've had my share when I sell a few things on Kijiji. I also had gotten some tales from a few people who sold their vehicles.

With that experience and knowing how Kijiji works... I have no time for these lowballers or BS whatever people want to trade. I'm not interested in that but only interest (have my bank versify first) in real gold, cash or if a cheque is a bone-fide real one before I hand the keys to new owner.

They can go fool themselves elsewhere and leave me alone! I will get the price I asked for and I have a lot of patience. ;)