PDA

View Full Version : Can't find X5 Lug nut key!

black300
04-05-2010, 09:26 PM
So I just recently got a 2002 Bmw X5 and I cannot find the lock key. Does anyone know where I should check to find it? Or if I don't find what do I have to do?

Thanks in advance!

TYMSMNY
04-05-2010, 09:34 PM
The dealership will most likely have one provided the lock set was bought from BMW in the first place.

check the trunk compartments.

crapstixs
04-05-2010, 10:36 PM
glove box, most bmw is in the trunk. if not its about a .5 hour to get them removed. then you buy a new set or normal wheel stud/bolts.

swak
04-05-2010, 10:38 PM
Dont know if this is the same with BMW or not, id assume so though....

BUT, when i worked for GM, we had a key for every possible key lock (that means cases upon cases)..

So if BMW can't help you, run down to a GM dealer, and im sure they can help you out.

JustinGTP
04-05-2010, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by crapstixs
glove box, most bmw is in the trunk. if not its about a .5 hour to get them removed. then you buy a new set or normal wheel stud/bolts.

What? If they're OEM locking nuts, go down to BMW and they will get you a key. Because they came with the car, he won't know the number of the key. But with BMW, you have to bring them a number of the key and they will get you it.

crapstixs
04-05-2010, 11:18 PM
getting them removed would be cheaper and faster. i was never a fan of wheel locks. if some one is going to steal your wheels there going to with or with out a lock. i can take 4 locks off in about 10min.

luxor
04-06-2010, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by swak

So if BMW can't help you, run down to a GM dealer, and im sure they can help you out.

LOL don't bring it to GM, that's a waste of time, and they'll probably laugh at you. If it's an OEM lock then you can easily get a replacement lug key from the dealer, they'll have it.