PDA

View Full Version : Another R6 issue

Colin_R6
04-06-2010, 10:16 PM
07 R6
Got a little cold this winter and blew a fork seal.

Anyone have the tools to change this out? There's a case of beer or two in it for you and i'd love to learn how to do it myself!

Graham_A_M
04-07-2010, 09:30 AM
My buddy blew his fork seal on his as well. You should do what he did and send them out to be revalved for your weight, they'll replace the seal too. Its a very hard procedure to do on your own he was told.

hrdkore
04-07-2010, 10:28 AM
it takes about 8 hours to do it and i expect longer if you're a noob and dont have proper tools.

Colin_R6
04-07-2010, 09:06 PM
I'm ok with 8 hours. I love doing my own wrenching.
Found a writeup today that does the seal change without even removing the shocks from the bike.

I'll give it a whirl and if I find i'm in too far over my head, i'll take it to a shop.

So far, the only things i can see that i'm missing, is a 41mm wrench or socket and a spring compressor. Oh and maybe a 43mm seal driver.

Thx for the replies dudes.

pruls
04-13-2010, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by hrdkore
it takes about 8 hours to do it and i expect longer if you're a noob and dont have proper tools.

lol maybe it takes you 8 hours to change your fork seals
but its a 2 hour job if your new to it

i know i can rebuild the forks in golden bc in 8 hours but most of it is travel time and a bit of smoking/drinking at the bar imean even to rejet it is a bit overkill unless your a racestunter just changer your oil if its a issue

hrdkore
04-14-2010, 12:02 PM
hah crap i thought he wanted to change the forks with a new kit.

Colin_R6
04-14-2010, 10:16 PM
Getting a shop to do it this time. Probably going to fab up the tools to do it myself next time.

I hate paying for labor on shit I can most likely do myself.

:dunno:

Graham_A_M
04-14-2010, 10:27 PM
^ its nothing to get them to revalve it for you at the same time, call and ask for them to set it up for your weight and riding style.

Kobe
04-15-2010, 01:35 PM
PM Justin

http://forums.beyond.ca/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=65001

I know he has changed his fork seals a bunch of times, and maybe be able to help you out for some money..

or you can give James a PM

http://forums.beyond.ca/private.php?s=&action=newmessage&userid=62659

They both live together (or at least used to) and know there shit!

Colin_R6
04-16-2010, 08:57 PM
Thanks Kobe

Already got em done at Redline (they did it fairly cheap for me) and they did em fast too.