PDA

View Full Version : Spotted: Douchebag of the week

Kennyredline
04-07-2010, 04:49 PM
I'm not sure you can tell from the pic, but there was more than enough room to parallel park that beast.He's a douchebag in a pickup, so he's snubbed conventional wisdom, and blocked a lane of traffic instead! :facepalm:

94boosted
04-07-2010, 05:22 PM
That deserves a :facepalm: lol

spikerS
04-07-2010, 08:00 PM
devil's advocate: have you ever tried to parallel park with a trailer? it is a right bitch, and in his defense, there may have been another vehicle there that pulled out.

lint
04-07-2010, 08:06 PM
^^ So if I see a parking spot that's too small for my car, I can just park in the middle of the road next to the spot?

911fever
04-07-2010, 08:22 PM
lawlllllll

Tik-Tok
04-07-2010, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by lint
^^ So if I see a parking spot that's too small for my car, I can just park in the middle of the road next to the spot?

Yep. Just like bus drivers who park on the street while they get their Timmy Fix.

scat19
04-08-2010, 08:35 AM
Double parking really grinds my gears.

Especially cabs. I hate cabs.

D. Dub
04-08-2010, 09:05 AM
Looks like a contractor or a courier unloading. BFD?

BokCh0y
04-08-2010, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by scat19

Don't go to chinatown then.

Mitsu3000gt
04-08-2010, 09:56 AM

Me too, what I hate the most is how they all drive well under the speed limit as soon as they get a fare to maximize their profit and I always seem to be behind those ones. I also find them to be pretty bad drivers in general considering their job is driving all day.

TYMSMNY
04-08-2010, 10:14 AM
Was he unloading stuff off the back there? Looks like the doors were kind of open?

Jlude
04-08-2010, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by spikers
devil's advocate: have you ever tried to parallel park with a trailer? it is a right bitch, and in his defense, there may have been another vehicle there that pulled out.

If he can't park it/drive it right, don't drive it at all.

71/454
04-08-2010, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Kennyredline
I'm not sure you can tell from the pic, but there was more than enough room to parallel park that beast.He's a douchebag in a pickup, so he's snubbed conventional wisdom, and blocked a lane of traffic instead! :facepalm:

All you ever post about is hating pickup drivers. I'm concerned about your safety and sanity. You may have chosen the worst city and part of the country due to it's concentration of pickup trucks. I think you need to move to ensure your sanity. That, or man up and tell one of the owners of the trucks you think he's a douchebag. The situation should remedy itself.

heavyD
04-08-2010, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by 71/454

All you ever post about is hating pickup drivers. I'm concerned about your safety and sanity. You may have chosen the worst city and part of the country due to it's concentration of pickup trucks. I think you need to move to ensure your sanity. That, or man up and tell one of the owners of the trucks you think he's a douchebag. The situation should remedy itself.

On that note I hate pickup truck drivers with a passion. So few of them have courtesy for other drivers and so many are hillbilly idiots. I'm pretty sure pickup trucks come with turnsigals but why do only about 25% of pickup truck drivers use them? You are waiting to make a right turn and traffic is backed up. No problem with a 4X4 pickup just drive over the sidewalk and grass to save yourself 30 sedconds. I do envy that pickup trucks come with a license to speed. They don't? Why do they always drive at speeds that even make me uneasy on public roads?

QuasarCav
04-08-2010, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by heavyD

On that note I hate pickup truck drivers with a passion. So few of them have courtesy for other drivers and so many are hillbilly idiots. I'm pretty sure pickup trucks come with turnsigals but why do only about 25% of pickup truck drivers use them? You are waiting to make a right turn and traffic is backed up. No problem with a 4X4 pickup just drive over the sidewalk and grass to save yourself 30 sedconds. I do envy that pickup trucks come with a license to speed. They don't? Why do they always drive at speeds that even make me uneasy on public roads?

The most visible and true stereotype in Calgary. A pickup truck driver cannot weight less than 300lbs and most have a goatee. Bonus points for cell phone use, obnoxious decals, black plumes of smoke and white sunglasses.

I seriously fear for my life driving down Deerfoot in a smaller car.

300zxfairlday
04-08-2010, 12:07 PM
Anyone looking at buying a pick up truck :poosie: :poosie:
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/299450/ft-2001-ford-f250-superduty/

:clap: :hijack: :hitit:

Kennyredline
04-08-2010, 12:25 PM

That's actually not true...I really haven't started that many threads, and the last four that I DID start made no mention of pickup drivers at all.
But thanks for your concern about my sanity...the feedback I get from Beyonders helps! :thumbsup:

nj2Type-S
04-08-2010, 12:31 PM
so much hate for pick up drivers!

...and here i thought i was the only one that hates the way they drive.

cherpintow
04-08-2010, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by QuasarCav

The most visible and true stereotype in Calgary. A pickup truck driver cannot weight less than 300lbs and most have a goatee. Bonus points for cell phone use, obnoxious decals, black plumes of smoke and white sunglasses.

Don't forget these!

http://pointlessbanter.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/truck20nutz.jpg

mo_money2supe
04-08-2010, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by nj2Type-S
so much hate for pick up drivers!

...and here i thought i was the only one that hates the way they drive.

Their driving isn't much worse than the rest of Calgary drivers. Much more hate goes towards their parking though, or lack of regard for...

el_fefes
04-08-2010, 12:55 PM
I fucking hate the bawls. It's like they put them on the truck cuz they don't have any!

LUCKYSTRIKE
04-08-2010, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by mo_money2supe

Their driving isn't much worse than the rest of Calgary drivers. Much more hate goes towards their parking though, or lack of regard for...

lol no i think they drive significantly more douche like then average downs calgary drivers.

Kennyredline
04-08-2010, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by mo_money2supe

Ya, dude, seriously, just look around at whos doing the vast majority of stupid, aggressive driving in the city...it blows me away!!
The question is...do douchebags buy pickups, or do pickups turn good people into douchebags....?:dunno:

scat19
04-08-2010, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by 300zxfairlday
Anyone looking at buying a pick up truck :poosie: :poosie:
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/299450/ft-2001-ford-f250-superduty/

:clap: :hijack: :hitit:

Wouldn't say this is the best thread on beyond to plug your truck. but hey :rofl:

barmanjay
04-08-2010, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by el_fefes
I fucking hate the bawls. It's like they put them on the truck cuz they don't have any!

I hate them too, soo stupid!

Everytime my 9 y.o. daughter asks what they are, I have to tell her they are trailer weights.

those are so dumb!

nj2Type-S
04-08-2010, 02:09 PM
^trailer weights. that's brutal, man! lol!

mo_money2supe
04-08-2010, 02:16 PM

Ya, dude, seriously, just look around at whos doing the vast majority of stupid, aggressive driving in the city...it blows me away!!
The question is...do douchebags buy pickups, or do pickups turn good people into douchebags....?:dunno:

Yeah, okay, I guess I have no reason to stand-up for their horrible driving, but by far I have more disgust and hate for their lack of regard for parking. Case in point, street parking around my house is horrible enough, yet ALL the pick-up drivers ALWAYS park in such a way that at least 2-3 spots are taken up! I had to park a full block away from my house last night!

As for the douchebag comment, imagine if BMW was to produce a turbo diesel pickup. Oh, the humanity...

Zigo
04-08-2010, 02:24 PM
JDM cars, soccer moms, and pickup trucks. Beyond's worst enemy.

luxor
04-08-2010, 03:21 PM

Oh my god so TRUE!

I have a truck myself but it's for work and I would never hill billy it out with black rims fitted with mudders, lift kits, stupid decals, and obnoxiously annoying exhausts like every other truck in Calgary.

To add to "bonus points" don't forget those fucking red necks who drive with their left wrist resting right on top of the steering wheel, having their left arm stretched right out. How the fuck do you steer? It scares me that they aren't even holding the wheel, just resting their hand on top of it. Yeah everyone thinks you guys are cool now.

Oh and don't forget, you must wear a cowboy hat in your truck during Stampede or else you aren't cool. Some guy actually asked me why I don't have a cowboy hat on "rolling in a truck like that".

:facepalm:

Toilet_D
04-08-2010, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by barmanjay

Everytime my 9 y.o. daughter asks what they are, I have to tell her they are trailer weights.

those are so dumb!

LOL

heavyD
04-08-2010, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by luxor

Oh and don't forget, you must wear a cowboy hat in your truck during Stampede or else you aren't cool. Some guy actually asked me why I don't have a cowboy hat on "rolling in a truck like that".

:facepalm:

Did you tell him it's because you still have your testacles intact?

j.garner
04-08-2010, 03:44 PM

:werd: Cabs piss me off more then anything always pull out with out any notice

71/454
04-08-2010, 10:07 PM

That's actually not true...I really haven't started that many threads, and the last four that I DID start made no mention of pickup drivers at all.
But thanks for your concern about my sanity...the feedback I get from Beyonders helps! :thumbsup:

You don't usually start them, but I know if there is a thread about a pickup you'll be in there calling the guy a douchebag. I just think it's funny that you choose to live here despite all the "douchebags in pickups". I really think that instead of bitching about it here you should just go up to the owner and tell him he's a douchebag. Surely you'll have a better chance of getting your message out.

revelations
04-09-2010, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by barmanjay
Everytime my 9 y.o. daughter asks what they are, I have to tell her they are trailer weights. those are so dumb!

:rofl: sig material

revelations
04-09-2010, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by cherpintow

Don't forget these!

http://pointlessbanter.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/truck20nutz.jpg

I always think of "saggy old balls" when I see those

Kennyredline
04-09-2010, 09:57 AM

you should just go up to the owner and tell him he's a douchebag. Surely you'll have a better chance of getting your message out.

Sure...what do you drive?
I don't know what kind of of fucking baby would actually move because of that...maybe it's something you would do...I don't think like that; but keep up with the great quotes, and work on that user rating there sport!!:thumbsup:

71/454
04-09-2010, 10:25 AM

Sure...what do you drive?
I don't know what kind of of fucking baby would actually move because of that...maybe it's something you would do...I don't think like that; but keep up with the great quotes, and work on that user rating there sport!!:thumbsup:

I've got a car, a bike, and a truck, what does that make me? That's why I want you to start telling people in person instead of pissing about it on the internet. I'm sure you'll be as tough in person as you are on the internet, and maybe one day it'll be me you're telling.
My user rating? Oh noes please put it back, I promise I won't point out the obvious anymore! :rofl:

Kennyredline
04-09-2010, 12:22 PM

I've got a car, a bike, and a truck, what does that make me? That's why I want you to start telling people in person instead of pissing about it on the internet. I'm sure you'll be as tough in person as you are on the internet, and maybe one day it'll be me you're telling.
My user rating? Oh noes please put it back, I promise I won't point out the obvious anymore! :rofl:
Well, maybe I will tell you, if you were bold enough to say WHAT YOU DRIVE.....I know you drive a truck(!), but as you've pointed out, there's a lot of those around.

psycoticclown
04-09-2010, 06:18 PM

:werd:

My roommate is a truck driver and I hate driving with him. He doesn't even try to park his truck proper, I don't think I've ever seen him park his truck within the lines. He just goes in crooked and gets out, never bothers to correct or anything.

I remember we were parked in a parking lot at the very end on the curb and on the other side of the curb was the road. So we get into his truck and instead of backing out he decides he wants to just go over the fucking curb. Thing is was he was parked so that his front wheels were right up on the curb, it was snowing and it was wet out and he drives a RWD truck. So he guns the engine and instead of going over, he just fishtails in the spot. There was some guy in a van right beside us that we nearly hit, guy was like wtf. So roommate tries to do it AGAIN, same thing happens, that's when the other guy got out of his van and my roommate decides he'll back out instead. So we go around the building and since my roommate didn't want to go to the proper exit, decides he wants to hop ANOTHER curb to get onto the road. :facepalm:

I dunno what it is with truck drivers, it's like when they get a truck, they automatically think they can do anything in them. It's funny cause he has a RWD truck with no winters (until recently) and would always get stuck and fishtail everywhere and he would always bring up stuff like how my car... with winters, would have so much trouble getting down the street because his truck nearly got stuck and his tires were spinning. :facepalm:

71/454
04-10-2010, 10:34 AM

Well, maybe I will tell you

No you won't. You're smarter than that.

Kennyredline
04-10-2010, 10:39 AM

No you won't. You're smarter than that.
That's what I thought.

71/454
04-10-2010, 10:50 AM

That's what I thought.

It's easy to be tough on the internet, thats why I said you're smarter than that. Because you know that walking up to a stranger and calling them a douchebag has consequences. That's why all you will ever do is come on here and bitch about it.

Kennyredline
04-10-2010, 06:10 PM

QUOTE]Originally posted by 71/454

You don't usually start them, but I know if there is a thread about a pickup you'll be in there calling the guy a douchebag. I just think it's funny that you choose to live here despite all the "douchebags in pickups". I really think that instead of bitching about it here you should just go up to the owner and tell him he's a douchebag. Surely you'll have a better chance of getting your message out. [/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]Originally posted by 71/454
[B]

It's easy to be tough on the internet, thats why I said you're smarter than that. Because you know that walking up to a stranger and calling them a douchebag has consequences. That's why all you will ever do is come on here and bitch about it.

Repetitive man is repeating himself in a repetitive manner repetitively.

Integra10
04-20-2010, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by el_fefes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Bawls FTW

slinkie
04-21-2010, 01:00 AM

:cry: he sad

71/454
04-21-2010, 01:32 PM

QUOTE]Originally posted by 71/454

You don't usually start them, but I know if there is a thread about a pickup you'll be in there calling the guy a douchebag. I just think it's funny that you choose to live here despite all the "douchebags in pickups". I really think that instead of bitching about it here you should just go up to the owner and tell him he's a douchebag. Surely you'll have a better chance of getting your message out.

Repetitive man is repeating himself in a repetitive manner repetitively. [/QUOTE]

How did I miss this gold? You're calling me names now?:cry:

Kennyredline
04-21-2010, 01:59 PM

How did I miss this gold? You're calling me names now?:cry: [/B][/QUOTE]

OH MUFFIN!!! That's hardly namecalling!:rolleyes:

Freeskier
04-21-2010, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Jlude

If he can't park it/drive it right, don't drive it at all.

:werd: This applies so everything on the roads, not just the trucks.

g-m
04-21-2010, 02:35 PM

How did I miss this gold? You're calling me names now?:cry: [/B] you do realize you're only playing into the stereotype. Strongly.

FraserB
04-21-2010, 03:16 PM
People hate pickups, lifted trucks, lifted SUVs until they need them, then they are all chummy. I got made fun of and bashed for having a lifted Jeep, called a douche etc.. When the big snowstorm hit, everyone was all super nice and asking me to pull them out, get them out of the ditch. Same thing with pickups, bet you hate, hate, hate until you need a load from Burnco or help moving.

tsi_neal
04-21-2010, 06:01 PM
Funny thing is after spending many years driving anything from 2 seats with no room for your girls purse to crew cab long box F350's with heavy trailers. I can easily say that there are MORE CAR driving assholes than truck driving assholes.

Load up a truck and trailer and drive it safely you will have idiot after idiot in their civic cut you off not giving 2 shits that the whole rig weighs 25,000lbs, yet will almost never have another truck cut you off. Get back into the car and 95% of pickup drivers are just doing their thing and only see the occasional asshole. Dont get me wrong there are assholes in ALL types of vehicles, but get in a truck and you will be suprised how many small cars will do things to piss you off.

Personally to get a licence i think there should be a towing component involved. It will give many people more respect for people with trailers, AND it will give the people that tow a holiday trailer 3 times a year a bit of a leg up over not having a fucking clue how to drive it...

ALBERTA_IS
04-22-2010, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by tsi_neal
Funny thing is after spending many years driving anything from 2 seats with no room for your girls purse to crew cab long box F350's with heavy trailers. I can easily say that there are MORE CAR driving assholes than truck driving assholes.

Load up a truck and trailer and drive it safely you will have idiot after idiot in their civic cut you off not giving 2 shits that the whole rig weighs 25,000lbs, yet will almost never have another truck cut you off. Get back into the car and 95% of pickup drivers are just doing their thing and only see the occasional asshole. Dont get me wrong there are assholes in ALL types of vehicles, but get in a truck and you will be suprised how many small cars will do things to piss you off.

Personally to get a licence i think there should be a towing component involved. It will give many people more respect for people with trailers, AND it will give the people that tow a holiday trailer 3 times a year a bit of a leg up over not having a fucking clue how to drive it...

Well I don't usually say to much because most people on here are a bunch of big internet talkers but here it goes.

TSI neal I can't agree more with you. Having owned both cars and trucks there are far more pimped out civics driving like idiots than there are bad truck drivers. How many of you have tried driving a big truck in this city? It is very difficult to park and get around. Now don't start bitching why are we driving it then. They are used for working and sometimes that means driving around in your public race track.

I agree there is some typical rednecks with the big balls hanging off their truck that drives me crazy but if you want to paint everyone with the same brush then you are just a street racing punk that likes to talk big on the internet.

Quit being a douchebag yourself, grow up and stop your internet bitching. These threads are as annoying as the rant threads.

jonnycat
04-22-2010, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by FraserB
People hate pickups, lifted trucks, lifted SUVs until they need them, then they are all chummy. I got made fun of and bashed for having a lifted Jeep, called a douche etc.. When the big snowstorm hit, everyone was all super nice and asking me to pull them out, get them out of the ditch. Same thing with pickups, bet you hate, hate, hate until you need a load from Burnco or help moving.

Originally posted by tsi_neal

Completely agree.

I am more inclined to drive like a jack ass in my car any day. My truck is comfortable and I usually drive it as such.

On the speeding issue, it is amazing how much the sensation of speed is reduced in a truck. I'm not condoning it, however 110km in a truck, feels much like 70km/hour would in a car, unless your towing a trailer, then 110 seems plenty quick.

dj_honda
04-22-2010, 04:56 PM

Most jacked up truck drivers I see are pretty small lol. Maybe its a small guy syndrome.

Anyways, I don't mind pickup drivers. Just like car drivers, its the idiot drivers that ruin it for the rest of them. The pavement queens with 12 inch lift kits and HIDs just like the ricers lol. And the ones that think their diesel is a ferrari.

I would love to have a pickup...and probably will buy one pretty soon. Its one vehicle that is comfortable for someone over 6ft tall regardless of make etc. but I would probably just use it for its intended purpose....to haul stuff.

syritis
04-22-2010, 08:27 PM
hanging bawls on your truck is the ultimate sign of immaturity, not only because the driver is so self conscious that he literally has to show them off, but also because this is the worlds oldest joke. Back in the yearly 90's 4x4ing in Waiparous, many of the Veterans would shun you for even mentioning your truck has balls.

sr20s14zenki
04-22-2010, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by dj_honda

Most jacked up truck drivers I see are pretty small lol. Maybe its a small guy syndrome.

Anyways, I don't mind pickup drivers. Just like car drivers, its the idiot drivers that ruin it for the rest of them. The pavement queens with 12 inch lift kits and HIDs just like the ricers lol. And the ones that think their diesel is a ferrari.

I would love to have a pickup...and probably will buy one pretty soon. Its one vehicle that is comfortable for someone over 6ft tall regardless of make etc. but I would probably just use it for its intended purpose....to haul stuff.

You are close, but its not small guy syndrome, its small something else syndrome (=