PDA

View Full Version : Stop This!!!!!

Danger_Mouse
12-07-2003, 02:15 AM
Originally posted by SOME RANDOM BEYOND VICTIM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

ok... I fuckin HATE this shit...

STOP THESE PLZ!!!

If you guys dont like a post / thread.... DELETE IT!!! These things are gay... cause we dont know what was posted.... its fuckin gay

Thank you

KoukiS14
12-07-2003, 02:41 AM
How bout not whoring threads or posting useless stuff instead. :closed:

Dave P
12-07-2003, 02:49 AM
Originally posted by Danger_Mouse

ok... I fuckin HATE this shit...

STOP THESE PLZ!!!

If you guys dont like a post / thread.... DELETE IT!!! These things are gay... cause we dont know what was posted.... its fuckin gay

Thank you

Do you control what goes on now?

I think this thread is gonna get that message

kenny
12-07-2003, 02:56 AM
When we delete posts, the follow happens:

1. The person will post it again thinking his post didnt go through
2. The person will post "why is it deleted?" and then does #1
3. Nobody else notices that posts are being deleted (moderating going on)

By doing what we are doing now we are raising more awareness that a lot of stuff is not appropriate and will be removed. Our goal is to try to increase the quality of the posts on our forums by moderating more heavily. If one of your posts are replaced by one of these posts, it would be expected that you will learn and not post something like that again.

5.9 R/T
12-07-2003, 03:00 AM
Originally posted by Danger_Mouse

Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

:thumbsup:

girlRACER
12-07-2003, 03:10 AM
Originally posted by kenny
When we delete posts, the follow happens:

1. The person will post it again thinking his post didnt go through
2. The person will post "why is it deleted?" and then does #1
3. Nobody else notices that posts are being deleted (moderating going on)

By doing what we are doing now we are raising more awareness that a lot of stuff is not appropriate and will be removed. Our goal is to try to increase the quality of the posts on our forums by moderating more heavily. If one of your posts are replaced by one of these posts, it would be expected that you will learn and not post something like that again.

Well put :thumbsup: Good Idea.

FiveFreshFish
12-07-2003, 03:24 AM
Originally posted by kenny
...Our goal is to try to increase the quality of the posts...

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/mhihi.gif That's a good thing!

Most of these inappropriate posts happen in the Marketplace forums.

nismodrifter
12-07-2003, 03:48 AM
it's a very simple concept to have that message and I think it's a great feature........

It first of all tells people that you are expected to stay on topic in threads....... when people see that msg they know they will be warned if THEY go OT or post some BS

Ben
12-07-2003, 04:43 AM
Eventually people will clue in and it will just work its self out naturally. Short Term Pain for Long Term Gain!

Seanith
12-07-2003, 03:41 PM
I find its kinda stupid at times as well.. i mean once i asked if someone was willing to part a car out and my post was editted.. :rolleyes:

Superesc
12-07-2003, 03:42 PM
that's the best function for mod since slice bread.

rage2
12-07-2003, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by ~$eanith~
I find its kinda stupid at times as well.. i mean once i asked if someone was willing to part a car out and my post was editted.. :rolleyes:
Yea, it's a bit on the agressive side right now, give it some time and we'll start to be more leniant once the post whores stop posting in marketplace asking about EVERY item for sale to boost their post counts :).

Seanith
12-07-2003, 04:13 PM
fair enough.. did you get my pm i just sent you rage? my comp is damn slow right now stupid shaw :thumbsdow