PDA

View Full Version : Out of Province inspections

abcson
04-09-2010, 06:10 PM
I see questions come up often about where the best place to get an oopi is, just wanted to share my experience.

I went to a few different places that all failed my car because of tint and a broken headlamp. They all said I needed to remove the tint and install a new headlight.

I promised to remove the tint, and I have the headlamp, but just haven't got around to installing it yet, but none of them would go off of my word, so they all failed the car and told me to come back when it was fixed or have them fix it and then they would pass it, of course for the price of the inspection for a second time.

Anyway, I heard of a place to get easy oopi done through a friend.

Guys name is micah, he owns a shop called southgate auto repair down by the blackfoot inn.

Bassically I went in to set up an appointment to bring it in and he just said that if I had a 100 bucks in cash he would just sign off on the inspection for me.

Off course I didn't have the cash, so I made arangements to come back, and when I did he wasn't around, I only mention this because I asked all the other guys there to do it and they all refused, had to leave the vehicle.. blah blah just like oll the other placed.

I did get my inspection from him later though, he didn't even come out into the parking lot, just signed the paperwork, took my cash and sent me on my way.

Just thought I'd share, cause some of these shops are stupid with these inspections, and this guy was willing to take me on my word for what was wrong with the car and that it would be fixed.

Give him a call, great guy

403-255-4021 is the number to the shop.
ask specifically for micah, as the others will tell you the same as all the other overly anal shops in calgary.

anothers10
04-09-2010, 06:32 PM
Why would anyone take your word when their Licence is on the line. Its only a matter of time before it catches up with this guy.

lhatton
04-09-2010, 09:37 PM
agreed.

corsvette
04-09-2010, 09:44 PM
He won't have a licence long at all.