PDA

View Full Version : Review: El-Rouhaa Pita Bakery & restauarant (and shisha)

G-ZUS
04-10-2010, 10:47 AM
After going to Cafe Med and La Brava in the past and getting shitty made shisha that tastes like crap, I vowed never to smoke shisha at any joint again. I was a bit weary of trying this place out but I'm glad I did.

A friend of mine and I went, had two hooka's ($10.95 each, white grape/watermelon and mango, 2 Zattar pies(2.29 each), 2 meatpies(3.49 each) and some pop. The pies were very good, so were the shishas. Definitely not a bad way to spend 40 bucks.

I was a bit weary of trying the shisha since they just started offering it (only after 6pm), but it turned out to be very good. The atmosphere, food and shisha were all good. A great way to chill out on a Friday night. The guy working the counter, Sami was very friendly. I will be going back quite a bit.

It's definitely worth checking out. They are located at 202-7 Westwinds Cres. NE right beside Prairie Winds Park.

Cooked Rice
04-10-2010, 12:03 PM
Very good place for food. Yet to try their Shisha, but I would imagine it's up there. The place is family owned and run. I live near by and go there just about everyday for lunch. Their Falafel is like none-other. The cheese pie is also another of my favorites. The meat pies are good, but I noticed the flavor doesn't stay consistent sometimes it tastes better than other days vice versa.

ExtraSlow
04-10-2010, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by G-ZUS
I was a bit weary of trying this place out but I'm glad I did.
You were WARY, not WEARY.
Wary = cautious or hesitant
weary = tired or fatigued

G-ZUS
04-10-2010, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow

You were WARY, not WEARY.
Wary = cautious or hesitant
weary = tired or fatigued

Thanks tips :thumbsup:

adidas
04-10-2010, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Cooked Rice
Very good place for food. Yet to try their Shisha, but I would imagine it's up there. The place is family owned and run. I live near by and go there just about everyday for lunch. Their Falafel is like none-other. The cheese pie is also another of my favorites. The meat pies are good, but I noticed the flavor doesn't stay consistent sometimes it tastes better than other days vice versa.

Never knew this place existed. Might have to give it a try one of these days since they are so close.

benz_890
04-17-2010, 01:03 AM
Went to this place tonight, good shisha and good meat pies!