PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone bought wheels from wheelsnext?

smokedog
04-10-2010, 10:51 PM
Has anyone bought wheels from this site wheelsnext? The last rims i bought were from kaltire and they cost alot. Is the website legit? and did u guys have any problems wit them? Thanks

btimbit
04-11-2010, 01:53 AM
A friend of mine bought wheels from them, the same wheels I bought from him and put on my winter car actually. They're pretty good, average customer service. Nothing special, negative or positive. But they are legit.

shakalaka
04-11-2010, 02:05 AM
A bit off-topic but anyone know that website where you can visualize the different wheels on your car's make and model?

Plus question about that wheelsnext website. Are the prices in US currency?

Goodfella
04-11-2010, 02:13 AM
I bet your thinking about tirerack.com ^^^^

shakalaka
04-11-2010, 02:17 AM
Yeap that was it, I found it as soon as I posted this. But that website has such small quantity of 20" rims for my car. Any other sites where I can do the same and view how the rims would look on it?

S13_Ryan
04-11-2010, 10:24 AM
^^post a good shot of your car and the image of the rims you have your eye on in the photoshop thread and someone will more than likely help you out.

wheelsnextinc
04-20-2010, 08:57 AM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

You need to be a sponsor to post links to your business.

ceelogarcia
05-06-2010, 12:37 PM
To answer the original question...Wheelsnext I have been reading is getting some bad rap....I just ordered from them...so I thought I would submit a REAL review of what has happened so far...

...I am real consumer, and I purchased a full set of rims and tires from wheelsnext.com on April 17th for $1,602.65. For my 1997 Chevrolet Camaro...I placed the order on the phone with Miguel who was very helpful and placed the order for the Hoyo H7 rims. Now I have never ordered rims and know jack about bolt patterns and other stuff like that. I chose the rims and placed the order with him no problems.

I was promised the e-mail of the invoice/order. I was excited and so far so good. I didn't receive the e-mail right away, and called back a couple of days to Miguel and he sent it to me right away. To me that was a good sign.

I was still nervous because for me it was the most I have ever spent online and I asked over and over, 'you sure they will fit?' and I have been reassured they would. (another positive sign on customer service..doesn't mean it will happen). I reveiwed the order several times as i went online to try learn more about bolt patterns. I notice that the order had the rims at a different bolt pattern than my car. I called again, and spoke to another gentleman, who told me that the way they will fit will be because they drill to 5x120 (Whew!)...again very gracious and clear.

I had to call back a couple of times to get the Fed-ex tracking number as the first two times there was none. The third time I called they had it, and Carlos sent it to me right away! (again good customer service)

I have been checking fed-ex and they had to delay my shipment scheduled for May 7 to May 10. Not wheelsnext problem as this is a fed-ex thing.

So far I can say my purchase experience from them has been great...4.5 out of 5...not a full 5 only because I don't think their e-mail update system actually does inform the customer of updates (i.e invoice, tracking number).

According to fed-ex my tires and wheels should be coming on Monday, May 10. I will post the results of the installation and order accuracy.

So far though, they have provided excellent, timely and a stress free order experience. Ordering from them has not been a problem at all! Reading other forums though I can't help but feel a little nervous.

Ukyo8
05-06-2010, 12:46 PM
^LOL

cocoabrova
05-06-2010, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by ceelogarcia
To answer the original question...Wheelsnext I have been reading is getting some bad rap....I just ordered from them...so I thought I would submit a REAL review of what has happened so far...

...I am real consumer, and I purchased a full set of rims and tires from wheelsnext.com on April 17th for $1,602.65. For my 1997 Chevrolet Camaro...I placed the order on the phone with Miguel who was very helpful and placed the order for the Hoyo H7 rims. Now I have never ordered rims and know jack about bolt patterns and other stuff like that. I chose the rims and placed the order with him no problems.

I was promised the e-mail of the invoice/order. I was excited and so far so good. I didn't receive the e-mail right away, and called back a couple of days to Miguel and he sent it to me right away. To me that was a good sign.

I was still nervous because for me it was the most I have ever spent online and I asked over and over, 'you sure they will fit?' and I have been reassured they would. (another positive sign on customer service..doesn't mean it will happen). I reveiwed the order several times as i went online to try learn more about bolt patterns. I notice that the order had the rims at a different bolt pattern than my car. I called again, and spoke to another gentleman, who told me that the way they will fit will be because they drill to 5x120 (Whew!)...again very gracious and clear.

I had to call back a couple of times to get the Fed-ex tracking number as the first two times there was none. The third time I called they had it, and Carlos sent it to me right away! (again good customer service)

I have been checking fed-ex and they had to delay my shipment scheduled for May 7 to May 10. Not wheelsnext problem as this is a fed-ex thing.

So far I can say my purchase experience from them has been great...4.5 out of 5...not a full 5 only because I don't think their e-mail update system actually does inform the customer of updates (i.e invoice, tracking number).

According to fed-ex my tires and wheels should be coming on Monday, May 10. I will post the results of the installation and order accuracy.

So far though, they have provided excellent, timely and a stress free order experience. Ordering from them has not been a problem at all! Reading other forums though I can't help but feel a little nervous.

So was that $1,602.65 with shipping/duty/brokerage fee to AB? What size wheels/tires did you go with? What's your, errr I mean their return/warranty policies on product shipped outside of the US?

shakalaka
05-06-2010, 01:09 PM
You had to call back like 10 times to get tracking number, email confirmation etc and you call that good customer service?:dunno:

Phenix
05-06-2010, 01:17 PM
I bought soem wheels and tires from them. Had no problems and they were very good at finding a set of wheels that no one else had. I got the wheels without any fuss.

I would use them again

dj_rice
05-06-2010, 01:18 PM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

Originally posted by shakalaka
Yeap that was it, I found it as soon as I posted this. But that website has such small quantity of 20" rims for my car. Any other sites where I can do the same and view how the rims would look on it?

dtwheels and click on wheels section

ceelogarcia
05-06-2010, 01:30 PM
$1602 was with duty and everything for Hoyo H7 Chrome 20X8.5 5x112 5x114 35-73--- Haida HD919 245/35/20 All-Season 200 91 V,

...The return policy is much of what I expect...and if you simply don't like it and wanna return its gonna cost you...(I can't post the URL but go to the website and you'll see)

"you had to call back like 10 times to get tracking number, email confirmation etc and you call that good customer service?"

....yeah I guess it wasn't great because I had to call in...I give the benefit of the doubt on fed-ex thing because if it aint shipped and fed-ex don't give you a number than I can call 50 million times and I still won't get a tracking number. The invoice sending tho..that was wack...but it wasn't the horror story custom services that other forums lead me to believe..

I guess the proof will be in the pudding on Monday when I get my package...

BrknFngrs
05-06-2010, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by shakalaka
You had to call back like 10 times to get tracking number, email confirmation etc and you call that good customer service?:dunno:

My thought's exactly.

ercchry
05-06-2010, 01:50 PM
i do not like wheelsnext.... i made an order for 4 17x9 +20 wheels for my old s13 from them since it was a great price on the site for that size of wheel in a 4x114.3 bolt pattern...

so all good right? nope. they called the next morning and woke me up saying how it would cost me x number of dollars more and they just haven't updated the site yet... since i am still half asleep i just say okay without doing the math

so the next day i check the site out... oh look at that, still the old price that they said changed.... textbook false advertising right there... so i call back tell them eff yoouuu i do not want them you keep them send me my money back... they then meet me in the middle of the price increase and i just say fuck it fine... then the guy goes on to tell me they wont fit on my car! ha!

Ukyo8
05-06-2010, 01:51 PM
$1602 was with duty and everything for Hoyo H7 Chrome 20X8.5 5x112 5x114 35-73--- Haida HD919 245/35/20 All-Season 200 91 V,

...The return policy is much of what I expect...and if you simply don't like it and wanna return its gonna cost you...(I can't post the URL but go to the website and you'll see)

"you had to call back like 10 times to get tracking number, email confirmation etc and you call that good customer service?"

....yeah I guess it wasn't great because I had to call in...I give the benefit of the doubt on fed-ex thing because if it aint shipped and fed-ex don't give you a number than I can call 50 million times and I still won't get a tracking number. The invoice sending tho..that was wack...but it wasn't the horror story custom services that other forums lead me to believe..

I guess the proof will be in the pudding on Monday when I get my package...

So we will see pictures of your new wheels on a car with an Alberta license plate?... Cool :rofl:

ceelogarcia
05-06-2010, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by Ukyo8

So we will see pictures of your new wheels on a car with an Alberta license plate?... Cool :rofl:

I'll post everything...like I said...I'll bash them if they messed up my order...but put in a good review if they get it right.. So far they've been ok

Maybe I am just doing this in hopes that my order ain't messed...lol :dunno:

Nervous I guess

ceelogarcia
05-10-2010, 09:38 AM
So as promised I would let you guys know today what happened.

Turns out Fed-ex had delayed my wheels in customs since May 4th. It has been released today and shipment delivery is on the 13th now.

Stay tuned

shakalaka
05-19-2010, 01:10 AM
So ever get your rims then?

Site doesn't seem too reliable. Was looking at tirerack and they have such shit collection of 20" rims for my car. Any other websites that are good and has good deals on wheels and tires? And doesn't let you get fucked on the customs like Tirerack?

v8killa
05-19-2010, 01:15 AM
have got 3 different sets from wheelsnext, good site, good customer serivce.

sh0ko
05-19-2010, 07:53 AM
i will only ever use

discounttiredirect.com

these guys also ship to canada now free.. and i think theyre a bit bigger than tirerack ... EXCELLENT service and EXTREMELY quick at shipping their orders out.

as for 20" selection size.... i just checked for 5x114.3 (just picked a random bolt pattern) and they had a little over 300 wheels for selection

if u dont wanna pay customs... try 1010tires.com .. based in richmond vancouver... very friendly guys as well

shakalaka
05-19-2010, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by sh0ko
i will only ever use

discounttiredirect.com

these guys also ship to canada now free.. and i think theyre a bit bigger than tirerack ... EXCELLENT service and EXTREMELY quick at shipping their orders out.

as for 20" selection size.... i just checked for 5x114.3 (just picked a random bolt pattern) and they had a little over 300 wheels for selection

if u dont wanna pay customs... try 1010tires.com .. based in richmond vancouver... very friendly guys as well

Thanks man. That's actually the bolt pattern for the 350Z. Haha

So if I use discounttiredirect I will be charged customs when delivered on top of whatever I pay for the wheels and tires on the website?

cream
05-23-2010, 12:19 PM
I have just bought a set of 18" from them.
The experience was..... interesting.

At first I tried getting these 17" Velocity ones with multiple spokes, he phoned back saying they were out of stock. He offered to bump me up to the 18" for the same price. After a long wait on the phone, he came back to say he couldn't/ didn't have them. We talked and he said he would email me some other possibilities.

He later emailed with some Velocity V### (forgot the number) and I emailed him back saying I'd take it. Monday afternoon, he phoned me to confirm everything. I was at school was obviously didn't remember the exact Velocity rims I got. The invoice was mailed and I checked it immediately after. The problem was, it was a different Velocity V### than what I had agreed on.

I phoned him immediately as soon as school ended, and talked with him. APPARENTLY, he emailed me the wrong rims. He meant to send me this 5 spoke one instead of a multiple spoke.

I had to later go on the computer and pick out another set. I finally decided on these Kyowa KR-206 ones. After all the trouble, he bumped it up to 18" for the same price. Saved me a good couple hundred bucks.

At this point, I was just tired, the order went through, got my tracking number and invoice by email immediately as it shipped out on the following Monday.

I was slightly ticked off to find out that the summer racing tires I wanted were replaced somewhere along the line with some All-Seasons......

Too excited to have my rims come last wednesday. (Took 9 days to arrive. world record yo). I have seperate X-Ice winters so i sucked it up and slapped on my 18" all seasons.

Price was 1038$ for everything.

To answer someone's question previously, damage return is covered by them 100% if you phone and get a return number or something.

My friend who recommended me here ordered his here too. His took 6 weeks to arrive so I might've been unlucky with my 9 day shipping/arrival time.

^Read and decide for yourself. Mine might've been a special case of stupidity and an out of stock warehouse. But overall, I'm pleased. They arrived just in time for my birthday. =)

Ukyo8
05-23-2010, 01:14 PM
What a surprise! ceelogarcia didn't post any pics :rofl:

ceelogarcia
06-08-2010, 03:24 PM
I guess thats why you never here anything good about wheelsnext cause people like me never write a good word when everything works out.

I got my rims, balanced, all the parts in the package...the lugs didn't fit...however they sent me new ones...I didn't care though cause I had already purchased some but I felt its something you guys needed to know.

Took some pictures in a shopper parking lot in saddletowne circle in calgary..(for those who wanted my plate pics SOL)...For the life of me I can't figure out how to upload to this forum on the reply so I used one of my domains and posted it there...

http://suenomusic.com/

ceelogarcia
06-08-2010, 03:40 PM
Oh as I mentioned before my wheels got stuck in customs for a week...the rims were 20" Hoyo Chrome and some acaidia tires...total price with duty $1609 estimated ship date was off by a week so overall it took me about a month to get my rims...

Another thing is the rims were originally 5x114.3 but they drilled to 5x120 to fit my car...some people say thats doesn't matter and others have said thats a big deal...you guys decide...

I wanna use the pics of my car like a signature like that 350z how do you guys do that...

3drian
06-08-2010, 04:10 PM
I bought from them two years ago, called once cant remember why but everything went pretty smooth, I would use them again

shakalaka
06-08-2010, 04:15 PM
Oh as I mentioned before my wheels got stuck in customs for a week...the rims were 20" Hoyo Chrome and some acaidia tires...total price with duty $1609 estimated ship date was off by a week so overall it took me about a month to get my rims...

Another thing is the rims were originally 5x114.3 but they drilled to 5x120 to fit my car...some people say thats doesn't matter and others have said thats a big deal...you guys decide...

I wanna use the pics of my car like a signature like that 350z how do you guys do that...

lol get a pic of your car and make it that size first. Then upload it to photobucket or something, then go to your user control panel and edit profile. You will see a sig box there and you can put the url of the pic in there.