PDA

View Full Version : is it possible to lower a FZR600?

r0g3r
04-11-2010, 07:32 PM
Hi so I'm looking to buy an old yamaha fzr600, i can reach the ground with balls of my feet but not completely flat. I guess I would just feel safer riding and being able to stop with both feet on the ground. That being said, is it possible to lower it an inch or two?

tawheed
04-12-2010, 10:19 AM
http://www.shopmyrtlewest.com/product_p/mwlow-ya-103.htm

japan_us
04-12-2010, 12:38 PM
See if you can shave the seat before messing around with the ride height.

I know someone who shaved the seat on her Street Triple, and having owned one of those bikes myself, I was amazed at how effective it was.

r0g3r
04-12-2010, 01:18 PM
Hey how would i go abouts shaving the seat?? Sry really newb lol

hrdkore
04-12-2010, 01:35 PM
you take off the bolts to the sheat and take out the foam cushioning, for yamaha's you can talk to service ppl at walt healy's its pretty simple but can get expensive if you have to buy more stuff. Balls of your feet are fine if you're an experienced rider, not so good if you're a noob.

r0g3r
04-12-2010, 07:37 PM
I am fairly newb.

http://www.shopmyrtlewest.com/produ...wlow-ya-103.htm

I checked this link,

any of you know how to use these to lower the bike? LoL sry really noob here

thanks for your help

Colin_R6
04-14-2010, 10:22 PM
I'd reccomend getting the seat shaved before spending money on lowering links, etc.

If I put both feet down, i'm on the balls of my feet as well, however anyone who teaches anyone to ride, will probably teach them to have the right foot on the rear brake and left foot firmly planted while sitting at a light or whatever. (Best to learn this now while yer a noob, and it'll strengthen out your clutch hand too! hah)

That being said, its nice to put both feet down every now and then to stretch legs or crack the ol' back.

I think I know someone on another forum who does an awesome job at seat shaving, I can point you in that direction. If you are interested, send me a PM and i'll try to dig up the info.

r0g3r
04-15-2010, 12:52 PM
PM'd