PDA

View Full Version : MBA Admission into Haskayne

Calgal25
04-12-2010, 12:30 PM
Hi guys,

I am looking to apply to the MBA program into haskayne school of business... thats pretty much the only university i'm applying to as i do not intend to leave Calgary because of my work.

I was wondering if anyone knew the success rate into getting into the program and if anyone had any tips as to what I can do to strenghten my application process?
I am going to write my GMAT sometime in September and apply for Fall 2011 intake.

Any help would be appreciated. :confused:

Thanks again.

sheik_yerbouti
04-12-2010, 04:35 PM
There are a bunch of universities which offer MBA programs here in Calgary. I have friends who did their MBA through Queen's here in town.

Ajay
04-12-2010, 04:45 PM
Might be too late to register but Queen's is doing a "MBA for a day" tomorrow at the Sheraton Eau Claire.

I'm registered for it but I'm more interested in their full time one year program. A friend of mine is going to it as well as he's interested in the part time correspondence type program they offer to people with business undergrad degrees.

Just really depends on what you want to do with your MBA. Consulting? IB? Brand Management? International Business?

Spoons
04-12-2010, 04:54 PM
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/300196/mba-admission-and-requirments/
:dunno:

Just posting this into Campus Chat would have sufficed... Seeing how this doesn't really have anything to do with you looking for a job.

But I'm assuming this would help:
http://haskayne.ucalgary.ca/grad/mba

Go talk to a counsellor. You are going to get a bunch of mixed messages with beyond, and half the people on here are full of shit usually. Here you're going to get an answer, but only take the one that makes you feel better about yourself. Counsellor is going to give you an correct answer.

If at all possible, talk to the associate dean, they are a lot more knowledgeable than the drones up front, but sometimes this isn't viable.

Calgal25
04-12-2010, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by sheik_yerbouti
There are a bunch of universities which offer MBA programs here in Calgary. I have friends who did their MBA through Queen's here in town.

I checked into that... its like $67,000 to do an MBA through queens here in Calgary...

Calgal25
04-12-2010, 09:53 PM
I plan on staying in Calgary and I figured University of Calgary students are given preference (or atleast i hope so)...
And UofC is relatively affordable incase something happens and since i plan on staying here, UofC offers an MBA specializing in the Energy sector which kinda interests me...

Plus its more affordable than the other brand name universities ...at the end of the day all that matters is the letters "M.B.A." it looks good from a brand name university but regardless having one from UofC would give you a pretty good boost in Calgary i would think.

cressida_pimpin
04-13-2010, 09:54 AM
I'm a second year Haskayne MBA student so I might be able to help.

Success rate of applicants: ~40%

Consider this formula:

(GPA x 200) + GMAT

Make sure your total is above 1272, since that is the average of accepted applicants.

Apply ASAP since tuition is going up 12% September 2011.

Calgal25
04-26-2010, 06:11 PM
Hey,

Just curious what the best GMAT preperation book I should be using to prepare for this stupid exam :(

benyl
04-26-2010, 06:41 PM
Why do you have two threads?

Calgal25
04-28-2010, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by benyl
Why do you have two threads?

just incase if some one in Careers has any input that usually doesnt visit Campus chat... covering all my bases...

:thumbsup:

Calgal25
06-22-2010, 08:33 AM
I have my Gmat test in 2 weeks... any study tips... I have only been able to put in 3-4 hours a day for about 17 days.... is that enough time to get a score of 575 as thats what I need to get in....

The_Rural_Juror
06-22-2010, 09:26 AM
How long is a piece of turd?

J.M.
06-22-2010, 09:46 AM
LOL

PaleRider
06-22-2010, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by sheik_yerbouti

Bunch? really?

Aside from UC, I only know of Queens, and it's 1 year for business grads (excluding EMBA).