PDA

View Full Version : Underage - Pub

N1vek
04-12-2010, 10:27 PM
A couple of friends of mine and I are planning on getting some wings at a pub. The thing is, some of them are underage (17). They won't be drinking, they're just there for the wings. I'm just wondering if they're allowed to stay and eat some wings? Also what are some good pubs that allows this?

wes_v
04-12-2010, 10:30 PM
- oliver greens off of peigan trail and 26th street
- Juilets castle off of 16th ave and i dunno the street

tom_9109
04-12-2010, 10:30 PM
No pub will let you. Go to Earls, Moxies, Kelseys Etc.

Stephen81
04-12-2010, 10:40 PM
If you're referring to a pub or bar, the liquor license prohibits entrance to minors regardless if the are consuming alcohol or not.

As posted above, just head to a eatery that permits minors and the 18+ people can still order drinks.

N1vek
04-12-2010, 10:51 PM
Thanks a bunch. We'll try the place wes_v suggested. Anyone know which one has better wings?

tarrantas
04-13-2010, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by tom_9109
No pub will let you. Go to Earls, Moxies, Kelseys Etc.

x2

signature7
04-13-2010, 06:59 PM
Another suggestion is try bubblemania if you want a place where everyone can hang out and have wings.

Not sure, but I have heard Hooters lets minors in as well. I don't mind their wings either.

ercchry
04-13-2010, 07:00 PM
brewsters is both a restaurant and a pub and the 130th ave location has pretty much 0 difference between the two

N1vek
04-13-2010, 07:49 PM
Sweet. Thanks for all the recommendations!

D'z Nutz
04-13-2010, 08:04 PM
Toad and Turtle on Barlow has a pub side and a restaurant side. Wednesday is wings night and IMO, one of the best wings in Calgary.

jacky4566
04-13-2010, 08:13 PM
problem is any place where its not 18 only the wings will be over priced where as a bar they are super cheap

adidas
04-13-2010, 09:42 PM
No matter how cheap the wings are, you are still gonna drinka beer or 2 and in the end you blow 15-20 bux.

When you could have an actual meal and spend the same amount.

Just my opinion.

darthVWader
04-13-2010, 10:00 PM
Nicks Steak House in the lounge(all ages)

Jeremiah
04-14-2010, 12:30 AM
I like Oliver Greens Wings on Tuesdays and Saturdays, Its never busy its cheap and delicious

2Valve0
04-14-2010, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by adidas
No matter how cheap the wings are, you are still gonna drinka beer or 2 and in the end you blow 15-20 bux.

When you could have an actual meal and spend the same amount.

Just my opinion.

Disagree, drink a pop(or water if they will let you) and come out with a 7$ bill hahaha. Then go drink afterwards :dunno: pubs obviously make there money off the drinks so don't buy them and you get a cheap meal.

Weapon_R
04-14-2010, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by 2Valve0

Disagree, drink a pop(or water if they will let you) and come out with a 7$ bill hahaha. Then go drink afterwards :dunno: pubs obviously make there money off the drinks so don't buy them and you get a cheap meal.

I've never been to a pub that sells wings with water. If you are too cheap to order a beer, don't go out! Wing nights are cheap because they expect you to spend $5 on a beer to go with those wings :banghead:

turbotrip
04-14-2010, 12:56 AM
juliets on 16th

[Yu]
04-14-2010, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by Weapon_R

I've never been to a pub that sells wings with water. If you are too cheap to order a beer, don't go out! Wing nights are cheap because they expect you to spend $5 on a beer to go with those wings :banghead:

Agreed, I understand if maybe a driver or two is DD and they have to order a pop, but god... I hate eating with a big group and no one orders a beer or a drink >_>

swak
04-14-2010, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by [Yu]

Agreed, I understand if maybe a driver or two is DD and they have to order a pop, but god... I hate eating with a big group and no one orders a beer or a drink >_>

THIS so much, and i dont know if its just me, but i hate ordering a beer when everyones ordering a water, or ordering a pop when everyone else is ordering beer, im always the guy that initiates the beer ordering though. Its GOTTA BE THERE!!

BUT,
Even when i was 18ish (and didn't look old enough to be in a pub), i never got carded if i didnt order a beer, and just wanted wings and a coke or something.

... Just saying

Speed_69
04-14-2010, 01:25 PM

I order a beer whenever i'm at a pub for wings but I find it completely understandable if someone doesn't.
Some people don't drink alcohol? :dunno:

sputnik
04-14-2010, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Speed_69

I order a beer whenever i'm at a pub for wings but I find it completely understandable if someone doesn't.

Then you order a pop for $3.50.

jwslam
04-14-2010, 02:19 PM
flight deck has cheap wings mondays?
they'll let anyone in, i saw this kid who was like 4 in there.
but their wings suck and i think they have shitty service.

bignerd
04-14-2010, 02:19 PM
You don't find that by going into a pub with a group of underage individuals you are more likely to be asked for id?

jwslam
04-14-2010, 02:21 PM

Originally posted by Speed_69

Originally posted by sputnik

Then you order a pop for $3.50.
^This.
Cheapasses who order water and the special piss me off. And they leave crappy tips too. (This is coming from me, an asian).

adidas
04-14-2010, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by 2Valve0

Ive only been to one place where i was able to order a water but still got charged for a pop.

Bob the fish on 17th and 4th SW makes you order a drink every time you order 10 wings. lol This was about 2 years ago and i havent been back since, im sure they still pull off the same shit.