PDA

View Full Version : Training Sessions...

KRyn
04-14-2010, 12:04 AM
Hi! I recently purchased a training sled and will be putting it to good use this weekend and all summer (see this link for more details http://forums.beyond.ca/st/298719/wtb-training-sled-or-welding-skills/). I was curious if any other beyonders would be interested in getting together for some agility/circuit/sprint style training that will hopefully induce vomiting. I am located in the south west and will most likely be training in the fields beside Henry Wisewood Highschool. If anyone is interested let me know.

Cheers

digi355
04-14-2010, 05:45 AM
When would you do your runs? I've got a prowler that I really like but pushing the bastard alone sucks.

Oz-
04-14-2010, 06:53 AM
I wouldn't mind joining if you guys just want to pull the sled or push a prowler. I can bring both of mine. For more agility and conditioning drills, my fear is that I will be overtraining. Since I have 2 practices and 2 games going on now for this, plus my lifting program.

KRyn
04-14-2010, 09:26 AM
I was hoping to get out Friday and Sunday this week. I just started 5-3-1 which I am doing 4 days a week. I hope to fill the rest of the week (two to three days) with training fast twitch muscles. This will include agility training and Olympic lifting. But if either of you guys are down let me know what days and times work this weekend and in general. Having a prowler would be awesome.

A790
04-14-2010, 06:26 PM
I'm in for sure. Currently I do 5/3/1 three times per week, with cardio three times per week (6 days on, total). Wouldn't mind switching it up!

KRyn
04-14-2010, 09:28 PM
Right now it's looking like Oz- one of my buddies and I are going to meet friday some time after 5:00 pm. If this time works for you A790 PM me. We will have at least two sleds and a prowler. If there is enough interest and we can get a few guys going regularily I would not mind picking up some kettle bells.

Also Oz- we should group buy on the harness in the link below.. some other guys PMd me for information on harnesses. If three guys buy in the harness will work out to $50 US + SH

http://www.prowriststraps.com/strongman_truck_car_sled_pulling_harness

A790
04-14-2010, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by KRyn
Right now it's looking like Oz- one of my buddies and I are going to meet friday some time after 5:00 pm. If this time works for you A790 PM me. We will have at least two sleds and a prowler. If there is enough interest and we can get a few guys going regularily I would not mind picking up some kettle bells.

Also Oz- we should group buy on the harness in the link below.. some other guys PMd me for information on harnesses. If three guys buy in the harness will work out to $50 US + SH

http://www.prowriststraps.com/strongman_truck_car_sled_pulling_harness
I'm in a meeting till 6:30 Friday. But, if I could come after that, I am SO down.

wintonyk
04-14-2010, 10:11 PM
I would be down for this as well. This Friday doesn't work for me at all as I am teaching a seminar with the running room.

I used to do a ton of power stuff. Been trimming body fat for the past month. Just before that I was doing my 5/3/1

Oz-
04-15-2010, 10:03 AM
For those of you who haven't pushed a prowler. A warning, it sucks bad. It will be very difficult to not want to puke or want to continue doing something after. It starts off feeling great and then on the 4th or 5th pass, you dread reaching for the low bar.

Your lungs burn, on the last few passes there is a tendency to lose traction/power. It sucks bad. Very humbling experience.

For those of you that are looking at coming out, do you have 45lb plates that you can bring? We are in need of those for these sessions.

lint
04-15-2010, 10:08 AM
I wouldn't mind giving sled drags/prowler a try. Prob not this friday though. If I'm in I can bring some spare 45s

KRyn
04-15-2010, 12:50 PM
April 16th @ 7:00pm will be the first (of many I hope) training sessions this season. We will be training in the fields right beside Henry Wisewood High School. Please see the detailed map below.
If you are coming please try and PM me in advance so I can try and prepare / arrange equipment accordingly. On a side note does anyone have any of those shitty old white lawn chairs? If so bring them they are great to jump over.

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm256/Kpoun/HWW.jpg

adidas
04-15-2010, 01:24 PM
I would like to come down, sometime down the road. Always wanted to give this a try.

A790
04-15-2010, 02:09 PM
I don't have any plates, but I'm ready to have my ass kicked and experience "prowler prattle". :)

KRyn
04-15-2010, 06:28 PM
So currently we will have two sleds and a prowler. I am going to bring a piece of wood and some props to keep it 6" off the ground for agility drills. I am trying to source some old shitty lawn chairs and extra weight as well. Also a clipboard, pen, paper and a stop watch as it could be fun to log our progress.

Don't forget to bring water and lots of it guys!

A790
04-15-2010, 06:31 PM
Today was squat day.... hope my legs aren't killing me tomorrow!

swak
04-15-2010, 07:09 PM
Id definitely be down for a meet sometime in the future...
I work friday so thats out. Def would be good for a variety in training for the cycling season.

-I also got my NCCP, so i'll make sure you all get your asses in gear haha... :guns:

digi355
04-16-2010, 10:49 AM
Is this still happening? I rode my bike into work today but I can ride home, get my prowler and head out.

I usually run with 50-70 on it but the grass is greening up and making that a bastard on the low bar.

Can someone bring some plate? I don't want 70 pounds sliding around the back of my truck, and feel free to bring more, I'm good with whatever.

Let me know if you guys still plan on going?

Oz-
04-16-2010, 11:02 AM
I am showing up just before 7. Looks like we will have a few people. Bring your weights if you can, since I don't have much weight.

Edit - My efforts to get GQBalla to come out for this didn't go anywhere. Apparently, he has some sand in his vag.

KRyn
04-16-2010, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by digi355
Is this still happening? I rode my bike into work today but I can ride home, get my prowler and head out.

I usually run with 50-70 on it but the grass is greening up and making that a bastard on the low bar.

Can someone bring some plate? I don't want 70 pounds sliding around the back of my truck, and feel free to bring more, I'm good with whatever.

Let me know if you guys still plan on going?

Hell yes this is going down, it is on like donkey Kong. Two prowlers and two sleds... I think we are going to have some serious race action. Unfortunately I have been unable to get any call backs on additional weight. So please everyone bring what you have... Also I have not yet found any shitty lawn chairs. Today will be more of a test run I suppose. Meet and greet, get some ideas and figured out everything for next time. As a last result I will give my uncle a call and see if I can borrow some of his old weights assuming he still has them. If anyone needs any questions answered PM me your number, on that note Oz- did you get my correct phone number?

Who is coming so far...
KRyn +1 friend perhaps
Oz-
A790
digi355

digi355
04-16-2010, 01:22 PM

Hell yes this is going down, it is on like donkey Kong. Two prowlers and two sleds... I think we are going to have some serious race action. Unfortunately I have been unable to get any call backs on additional weight. So please everyone bring what you have... Also I have not yet found any shitty lawn chairs. Today will be more of a test run I suppose. Meet and greet, get some ideas and figured out everything for next time. As a last result I will give my uncle a call and see if I can borrow some of his old weights assuming he still has them. If anyone needs any questions answered PM me your number, on that note Oz- did you get my correct phone number?

Who is coming so far...
KRyn +1 friend perhaps
Oz-
A790
digi355

I'll bring the 35s with me.

Can we start at 6:30? I know it won't take very long but I need to be somewhere by 8. I'd like to be out by 7:30?

Oz-
04-16-2010, 02:00 PM
I will be about 15 to 20 minutes early. If you want to get started around then. My old bones/muscles need a bit of a warmup...

KRyn
04-16-2010, 03:04 PM
I have no problem showing up at 6:30. I will see you guys then.

A790
04-16-2010, 04:44 PM
I'm feeling beat up from squats, plus my chest/tris are still DOMS from my workout on Tuesday. HOWEVER, I'm still coming out, but I'm gonna have to keep the weight reasonable.

See y'all then (I can make 6:30 after all).

A790
04-16-2010, 06:01 PM
Planning on being there for 6:45... guh I feel beat up haha

A790
04-16-2010, 08:10 PM
Today was awesome! Digi, Oz, Kryn, Kryn's buddy Nick, and myself all made it out and pushed the prowler/pulled some sleds. It was a great time, everyone was hugely supportive and very motivated.

Kryn's talking about making this a weekly thing. You guys should all come out!

Next meet is Thursday, April 22 at 6:30 pm at the Henry Wisewood field. Same location as today (see the map up top)!

Oz-
04-16-2010, 09:05 PM
Great to see everyone come out. Lungs burned, quads were toast and I was pretty close to puking...

The grass makes this much more difficult then the asphalt I have grown accustomed to.

Thanks for starting this up Kryn, will see you guys on Thursday.

:barf:

KRyn
04-16-2010, 11:56 PM
Digi you are correct, after pushing that prowler I can't seem to eat enough. I am not only exhausted I am full to the brim. Three chicken breasts, numerous asparagus and a few cups of rice plus a trip to Earls has me feeling bloated. You can't grow if you don't eat though!

I had a great time today guys, thanks to everyone who made it out. I would love to make this a weekly/biweekly event. I have not felt like that from a workout in some time. Ill see you guys next thursday.

digi355
04-17-2010, 12:29 AM
Digi you are correct, after pushing that prowler I can't seem to eat enough. I am not only exhausted I am full to the brim. Three chicken breasts, numerous asparagus and a few cups of rice plus a trip to Earls has me feeling bloated. You can't grow if you don't eat though!

I had a great time today guys, thanks to everyone who made it out. I would love to make this a weekly/biweekly event. I have not felt like that from a workout in some time. Ill see you guys next thursday.

Haha, so hungggyy.

If I'm home next Thursday I'll be there. I'm always ready to go, let's keep this thread up to date, if I'm in town, I'll meet at HW anytime.

Edit: Oz should stay home next time, I swear his shit weighed double what anyone else's did. (black prowler's suck dick)

/good times.

wintonyk
04-17-2010, 11:27 AM
Aw damn I am sorry I missed out on this. I gotta work next Thursday until 7:30. I definitely want to get in on this. Nothing beats the feeling when you kicked your own ass.

KRyn
04-17-2010, 02:09 PM
Digi lets go push sled today again, it is perfect day. I wouldn't mind getting some sun on my white body. I PMd you my number, same with A790.

digi355
04-18-2010, 05:32 PM
Sorry,

I was out of town all weekend, I got your number, I`ll text you if I run this week before I leave again.

A790
04-18-2010, 06:59 PM
So I can't make it Thursday. Can we do Wednesday?

KRyn
04-18-2010, 10:02 PM
If Digi or Oz- can make it with a prowler wednesday that works for me. If not Thursday the 22nd we are still on at 6:30. Also are you around for the weekend Digi I know Oz- is going to be busy all weekend, I may need to get my own prowler and weights asap hah.

Everyone needs to go and watch Stronger: The Movie right meow.
http://www.strongmovie.com/

A790
04-19-2010, 12:00 AM
Whatever works is all good, I won't be able to attend Thursday. Worse case scenario, I'll hit y'all up next week.

KRyn
04-20-2010, 10:06 AM
Digi! Call me let's do work today if you are not working have nothing better to do! I need to get my bikini body on!

Jerms
04-20-2010, 10:48 AM
A little bit off topic, but can someone enlighten me on what 5/3/1 is? and what goals it's used for?

GQBalla
04-20-2010, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Jerms
A little bit off topic, but can someone enlighten me on what 5/3/1 is? and what goals it's used for?
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/284023/5-3-1/

GQBalla
04-20-2010, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Oz-
I am showing up just before 7. Looks like we will have a few people. Bring your weights if you can, since I don't have much weight.

Edit - My efforts to get GQBalla to come out for this didn't go anywhere. Apparently, he has some sand in his vag.

i didn't even notice this till you told me and i had to reread the thread.

i dunno about this.

my 170 pound frame might not be able to keep up with the monsters in this thread...

KRyn
04-20-2010, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by GQBalla

i didn't even notice this till you told me and i had to reread the thread.

i dunno about this.

my 170 pound frame might not be able to keep up with the monsters in this thread...

So I will see you on thursday then at 6:30 GQBalla? Oz- was telling me something to the effect that you are a giant girl, he was calling you out.
:rofl:

A790
04-20-2010, 04:58 PM

So I will see you on thursday then at 6:30 GQBalla? Oz- was telling me something to the effect that you are a giant girl, he was calling you out.
:rofl:
:eek: hahaha

GQBalla
04-20-2010, 06:18 PM
man I'm gettin called out and called names here? Ahahah. OZ is a hater!

Oz-
04-21-2010, 12:49 PM
I have to bail on tomorrow's session. My wife is not going to be home and that leaves me with the kids.

GQBalla
04-21-2010, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Oz-
I have to bail on tomorrow's session. My wife is not going to be home and that leaves me with the kids.

Ill baby sit them for you.

digi355
04-21-2010, 02:59 PM
I'm out too, not in Calgary right now.

KRyn
04-21-2010, 05:15 PM
Daaamnnnn you guys! I need my own prowler and weights haha. That leaves me with a sled and some sandbags haha, ill try and make it happen. I am going to assume Digi is going to be away for the weekend. Oz- if your weekend opens up let me know. If not let's get something figured out for next week, how is everyones schedule looking for early next week?

A790
04-21-2010, 05:17 PM
Daaamnnnn you guys! I need my own prowler and weights haha. That leaves me with a sled and some sandbags haha, ill try and make it happen. I am going to assume Digi is going to be away for the weekend. Oz- if your weekend opens up let me know. If not let's get something figured out for next week, how is everyones schedule looking for early next week?
Pick a day, it all works for me.

KRyn
04-22-2010, 11:08 AM
Just got wind of some guys that get together every sunday for strong man style training. If anyone is interested in showing up with me this sunday let me know. But lets get another sled and prowler day organized quickly.

xGveQuWmLDs

wintonyk
04-23-2010, 12:10 AM
I would probably be down for that. I am good pretty much anytime on sundays for either this strong man thing or jumping in on the agility training.

Last summer I was at a family reunion in Gimli Manitoba and I saw them setting up for a strongman competition. Naturally curious I wondered if I could flip the 600 lb tire. One of the strongmen over heard me and laughed saying give it a shot. Surprisingly enough I flipped it about 6 times in a minute. Fun shit though.

swak
04-23-2010, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by wintonyk
I would probably be down for that. I am good pretty much anytime on sundays for either this strong man thing or jumping in on the agility training.

Last summer I was at a family reunion in Gimli Manitoba and I saw them setting up for a strongman competition. Naturally curious I wondered if I could flip the 600 lb tire. One of the strongmen over heard me and laughed saying give it a shot. Surprisingly enough I flipped it about 6 times in a minute. Fun shit though.

ahaha.. Awesome, never tried the tire flip, but always had an itch to try it out.
AND thats kind-of funny actually, my whole family's from Inter-Lake Manitoba (Gimli Area), dont see too many people from there/or even heard of it. They got some kick ass fish and chips across from The Lakeview though. :poosie:

...But if you guys are down, id be definitely be down for the sleds sometime.

KRyn
04-26-2010, 02:10 PM
Oz-, Digi and A790 how are your weeks looking for far? Lets get another session together ASAP. I have been dragging my sled but it is not nearly as fun as pushing a prowler... haha.

liquidboi69
04-26-2010, 06:11 PM
Just got wind of some guys that get together every sunday for strong man style training. If anyone is interested in showing up with me this sunday let me know. But lets get another sled and prowler day organized quickly.

xGveQuWmLDs
Hey I know someone from that group. Apparently there's gonna be a bunch of strongman contests in the summer in BC and AB. All you big guys should go join lol. I'm too small for strongman =(

A790
04-26-2010, 08:32 PM
Oz-, Digi and A790 how are your weeks looking for far? Lets get another session together ASAP. I have been dragging my sled but it is not nearly as fun as pushing a prowler... haha.
Any day but Wednesday is good so far. What did you have in mind?

Darkane
04-30-2010, 12:02 AM
What up guys? I haven't been on here enough, good to hear you guys are push the prowler, that thing can make a baby out of superman.

:banghead:

KRyn
05-02-2010, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Darkane
What up guys? I haven't been on here enough, good to hear you guys are push the prowler, that thing can make a baby out of superman.

:banghead:

Crap ass weather is what is up in Calgary. Once we get some decent weather I plan on being in that field at least two times a week! I need to get a prowler made (any information on that yet Oz-?) and buy some weights / steal some from my gym... haha.

Oz-
05-03-2010, 03:20 PM
I got a plates spinning that is limiting my time to do this. So I have been relegated to pulling the sled for 10-15 mins when I can.

I do owe a few people the measurements on my prowler, it is heavier then the 1 that digi has as mine is a bit longer but I believe it also has thicker steel.

A790
05-03-2010, 04:25 PM
Let's get out there!

digi355
05-05-2010, 10:09 PM
Sorry,

I've been on the road for almost all of the last 3 weeks. If it's nice out this weekend, I wouldn't mind meeting up this Sunday afternoon?

KRyn
05-07-2010, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by A790
Let's get out there!

Originally posted by digi355
Sorry,

I've been on the road for almost all of the last 3 weeks. If it's nice out this weekend, I wouldn't mind meeting up this Sunday afternoon?

Weather is looking decent for the weekend. Name the time sunday that works for you Digi and I will see you there. Do work!

digi355
05-07-2010, 07:18 PM
Same place, say 3:00 pm? The grass is too green now, we'll have to run in the parking lot.

A790
05-08-2010, 10:46 AM
Work all day Sunday guys, sorry :(

digi355
05-09-2010, 11:50 AM
Sorry guys, just remembered it's mother's day. I can't make it.

KRyn
05-12-2010, 02:36 PM
The weather is nice! Digi, let's get out this week! Let me know! Question, do you take your prowler out of town with you? The sun is shining let's do work!

Just talked to Digi, he is in town friday and we have scheduled the next sled drag and prowler push event for Friday, May 14th, 2010 at 6:00pm @ Wisewood Field!

A790
05-13-2010, 12:11 AM
The weather is nice! Digi, let's get out this week! Let me know! Question, do you take your prowler out of town with you? The sun is shining let's do work!

Just talked to Digi, he is in town friday and we have scheduled the next sled drag and prowler push event for Friday, May 14th, 2010 at 6:00pm @ Wisewood Field!
I'll be in Ontario, get back Sunday.

I'm game anytime next week. Just say when/where.

anhsicun
05-15-2010, 12:13 AM
i never done anything like this before, can a newbie come join ur session? i have some of the plastic brown weights i can bring.

A790
05-15-2010, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by anhsicun
i never done anything like this before, can a newbie come join ur session? i have some of the plastic brown weights i can bring.
The first time we went out was my first session too. Be prepared to work!

KRyn
05-15-2010, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by anhsicun

Anyone and everyone is welcome to come out. Just make sure you watch this thread for updates. I hope to have something put together for either later today May 15th or May 16th. I will update the thread when I have more information.

KRyn
06-12-2010, 11:50 AM
The weather is nice today and Calgary is suppose to reach 27 degrees tomorrow. Anyone interested in getting out to push a prowler and drag a sled? Also you can work on your tan.

GQBalla
06-13-2010, 08:26 AM
HRM! i would be down but after two hours of sleep and still working, i will have to skip out on this one as well since -Oz has called me out.

BTW just to inform you guys. I'm now 165 and still getting stronger I'm just a skinny chinaman looking to be like -Oz hehehe

EVEN though -Oz has called be out. I still recognize that he was basically the reason when i started into keeping fit and strong :D

Hope to join you guys soon and push Suzie the Prowler as -Oz's prowler is named