PDA

View Full Version : Pro Bodies Fitness in Marda Loop

Eleanor
04-14-2010, 09:40 AM
Anyone go to this gym? I'm moving to a place only a couple blocks away and I'm looking at getting a membership there, but just figured I'd see if anyone's got a review.

Thanks in advance

Horatio
04-14-2010, 10:31 AM
used to go there years ago when I lived in Marda Loop. I liked it then (though I wasn't exactly a hardcore gym rat). A friend of mine who has been a member there since I was tells me it's still a great gym. (He lives in Chestermere now and works in the NE and was making the trek to Marda Loop to use it)

As for specifics like business/layout etc I can't comment because it's been 6 years since I was there.

dirtsniffer
04-18-2010, 11:27 AM
if you want to come by this morning ill let you try it out for free, im here till two sooo...

Kennyredline
04-19-2010, 12:30 PM
I go there, it has a good atmosphere, the equipment is a little, well, it's "very well used..." but overall it's a cool place.

Criticull
04-19-2010, 01:51 PM
how much are the memberships going for?

LadyLuck
04-19-2010, 01:59 PM
My friend got 500 tanning minutes for $50 there a couple of years ago, not sure if they do that anymore tho.

Crymson
04-19-2010, 03:20 PM
My Gf and her sister go there. They love it. I think they like it because it's mostly a body builder gym, so they're never fighting for cardio or spots in classes like at most gyms with lots of chicks who go.

HondaKid
04-19-2010, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Kennyredline
I go there, it has a good atmosphere, the equipment is a little, well, it's "very well used..." but overall it's a cool place.

I agree with the above, I was a member up until about a year ago, more than a few of the machines were in bad shape, missing springs and safety blocks. Treadmills were screwed up, worn and faulty timer, etc. It is kinda dirty as well, SEARCH on Beyond, there is another thread.

I let my membership expire as all this was really pissing me off, I was paying I think about $50 a month. The staff and trainers are very good people, good members as well. The place just needs a cash injection, some paint and a good cleaning.

In the end I bought a few kettlebells and some WO goodies, figured spending $600 on stuff I will keep for life was better than Pro Bodies.

dirtsniffer
04-20-2010, 12:15 AM
pro bodies just got a new manager who i hope invests some time and money into the place. you can definitely get in there for a good deal