PDA

View Full Version : Anybody have a funny feeling...

Sykes
12-07-2003, 10:48 PM
... about Paul Martin?

I talked to a few people about this and they feel the same way too. Just something about Paul Martin that doesn't sit well...

accordboi_02
12-08-2003, 03:13 AM
Definitely not on the Paul Martin bandwagon... glad to see Chretien go, but I'm with you.

Have some friends that are all happy that he's taking over; they say he can't screw up worse than his predecessor... I'm more for a wait-and-see approach... good news is the US likes him a lot more, so at least we can maybe get stuff done with them again.

Only time will tell though.

DeSi
12-08-2003, 09:42 AM
guy chretien was a good primeminister, its just that his time is up now. I think paul martin is gonna do a great job as pm. he has the experience, hes a self made millionare, so he has the business sense to go along with it.

DeSi
12-08-2003, 09:44 AM
and about the canada us relations, we had great relations with the us when it was under clinton. clinton even scolded bush in a speech a couple weeks ago about bush's weak ties to chretien and canada. I think chretien did the right thing not joining the war in iraq and i hope paul martin will have the balls to make independent decisions when he is in power,

Toma
12-08-2003, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by Sykes
... about Paul Martin?

I talked to a few people about this and they feel the same way too. Just something about Paul Martin that doesn't sit well...

He is a fucking superiorist, imperialist SCUMBAG. From his and his families inernational shipping companies based in the Caymen islands, to other underhanded crap.... SCUMBAG. SOmeone should just go shoot him now.....

Toma
12-08-2003, 09:53 AM
Who gives a rats ass if the US likes us or not? We are headed for a european dominated world economy, the US will get brushed aside with its dirty politics.... and rightfully so.

sin
12-08-2003, 09:56 AM
you think the most powerful country in the world is gonna get brushed aside? :drama: and im curious if you have an actual reason to call him a scumbag or if youre just rambling on for attention

B17a
12-08-2003, 10:00 AM
Toma, I get the sense from most of your political posts that you have much anger towards Western politics. Curious, what do you see as "ideal"?

For me I see Martin as a good thing, as a self made man, his motivation shouldn't be money or power as he's been there done that (see: Governor Arnie). I think he's a level headed guy, problem with our recent fed' gov't is lack of accountability. And yes, ignoring the "dirty politics" of our US neighbor, the fact of the matter is they are our no. 1 trading partner, we need them, period. If you think we'd be better off without them, I'll be out of a job, my parents will be out of a job, your parents will likely be out of a job......

rc2002
12-08-2003, 10:03 AM
Anyone is better than Chretien. Martin as finance minister is the reason for Canada's economy doing so well even though Chretien tries to take credit for it. Hopefully he reverses Kyoto and undoes all the stupid things Chretien did in his time in office.

DeSi
12-08-2003, 10:09 AM
guy if you don't know anything about politics don't talk. chretien took "credit" for the way the economy is doing? look at how high the dollar is right now, without paul martin.

Im a liberal man, i suport both chretien and martin. chretien has been a good primeminister, and paul martin will also do an excellent jobn when it is his turn.

.....Toma, your stupid, don't talk about issues you don't know anything about.

I hope some of you "western alienation" retards post here too, lol.

Toma
12-08-2003, 10:26 AM
SELF MADE MAN? Martin? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Rich family, VERY rich. He made nothing. Money bought his way in.

Toma
12-08-2003, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by DeSi

Fuck face.... watch your mouth. You don't know a thing about me....

B17a
12-08-2003, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by Toma
SELF MADE MAN? Martin? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Rich family man, VERY rich.

Well, he DID turn around the CSL division from the Demerais family, a division which was on its last legs and made himself some $$ doing it. I think that qualifies. Cretien, life long politician. Being a full blown capitalist, I'd rather have a been there done that businessman then a life long burecrat.

DeSi
12-08-2003, 10:34 AM
OMG...toma...shit gangsta im sooooo fuckin scared of you. guy calm down before you get your self into something you can't handle.

and YES martin is a self made man, politically and in the business world.

SinisterProbeGt
12-08-2003, 10:48 AM
YOu dont know who your fucking with there DeSI I would heed Toma's warning and shut the hell up.
and please keep the bitching to P.M's Please we dont need it in here.

P.S Martin is a revengful sob and any time there is a leadership change it should be a default vote for either a new party to take majority or for canada to elect a new prime minister. Not this crap about one steping down and another pm just sliding in under the curt tails of the precedding one. thats BS in my books it should be earned not just given. and it is canadas voice to be heard if we want martin well vote him in.

Toma
12-08-2003, 11:37 AM
LOL...remember Kim Campbell?? God I hope the same thing happens to Martin ;)

bigboom
12-08-2003, 12:08 PM
guy if you don't know anything about politics don't talk. chretien took "credit" for the way the economy is doing? look at how high the dollar is right now, without paul martin.

Im a liberal man, i suport both chretien and martin. chretien has been a good primeminister, and paul martin will also do an excellent jobn when it is his turn.

dont you people see that this high dollar is bad for canada? you know how much business canada loses daily because of how high our dollar is right now?

maybe you should think before you talk...

accordboi_02
12-08-2003, 12:49 PM

Ummm... last I checked, the reason why our dollar is doing better is because the US dollar is doing worse??

Dunno what Chretien had to do with that.

:dunno:

As for him being great, once you can explain all of his patronage appointments, and HUGE travel expenses for cabinets outside of foreign affairs, sure, he was a "great" PM. :rolleyes:

Face the truth: Chretien was a Megalomaniac whose only goal was to leave a "legacy" with Canada, and to abuse his power to help out all of his friends. I'm not saying anyone else would have been better - it's a sad state in politics when there's not ONE person who makes us proud to be Canadian.

And as for Can/US relations: I don't think even Clinton would have had good relations with us when our PM lets his own cabinet say things like "THe US President is an idiot" (truth of the statement notwithstanding) and not punish them afterwards.

4wheeldrift
12-08-2003, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by bigboom

dont you people see that this high dollar is bad for canada? you know how much business canada loses daily because of how high our dollar is right now?

maybe you should think before you talk... A better idea would be to extract our economy from the US one. Let Dubya drive his country into the ground, there is no reason for Canada to get dragged down with it. The US begining to see what not being an economic powerhouse is like, and discovering that it really really sucks. At this point, we'd be way better off sending stuff to Europe and Asia.

I personally want to see the liberals booted out on their bloated, disconnected asses. They're so out of touch with what canadians want its disgusting. If the liberals want my vote, they're going to have to do a hell of a lot better than they have been to get it.

Formula for happiness under a liberal government:

1. Boot every senator out on their ass, scrap the whole deal and form a triple E senate brand new from the ground up
2. Cut all the corruption and other bullshit out of the government and start directing the money where its needed (military spending (not on a US scale, but the soldiers should be able to be supplied with uniforms for different conditions and helicopters that aren't going to fall out of the sky and be paid well for what they do), education and health care).
3. Reform the social safety net to likewise remove dead wood
4. Lower EI premiums. The system takes in WAY more money that it ever puts out, and getting money back out of it is nearly impossible.
5. Kill the CPP. It's useless, its gathering dust and its going to go bankrupt before I can collect.
6. Kill Kyoto. Its basically a plot by the EU to crush non-european economies for very questionable environmental gain.
7. Require every seat in the house of commons to be full for EVERY session, and make those sessions longer and more productive. I voted for your ass, the least you can do is do you fucking job and be my voice.
8. LISTEN TO THE WEST. There aren't as many of us as there are people down east, but that doesn't mean we can be shuffled under the carpet and ignored.

bigboom
12-08-2003, 02:56 PM
dubya is basically running the US into the ground. look at the huge trade deficit that they are running with so many countries, its only a matter of time before it all catches up to them and screws em over royal.

the only problem is right now there is so many contracts and what not between the US and canada it is hard to get out of it. i completely agree that we should initiate more trade with the EU and Asian countries but how receptive will the US be to that? and the fact that we rely on them so heavily right now would make having a more independent economy tough.

however i do agree that we should not rely on them anymore, hell even the staunchest supporters of the USD are pulling out...

Originally posted by 4wheeldrift
A better idea would be to extract our economy from the US one. Let Dubya drive his country into the ground, there is no reason for Canada to get dragged down with it. The US begining to see what not being an economic powerhouse is like, and discovering that it really really sucks. At this point, we'd be way better off sending stuff to Europe and Asia.

I personally want to see the liberals booted out on their bloated, disconnected asses. They're so out of touch with what canadians want its disgusting. If the liberals want my vote, they're going to have to do a hell of a lot better than they have been to get it.

Formula for happiness under a liberal government:

1. Boot every senator out on their ass, scrap the whole deal and form a triple E senate brand new from the ground up
2. Cut all the corruption and other bullshit out of the government and start directing the money where its needed (military spending (not on a US scale, but the soldiers should be able to be supplied with uniforms for different conditions and helicopters that aren't going to fall out of the sky and be paid well for what they do), education and health care).
3. Reform the social safety net to likewise remove dead wood
4. Lower EI premiums. The system takes in WAY more money that it ever puts out, and getting money back out of it is nearly impossible.
5. Kill the CPP. It's useless, its gathering dust and its going to go bankrupt before I can collect.
6. Kill Kyoto. Its basically a plot by the EU to crush non-european economies for very questionable environmental gain.
7. Require every seat in the house of commons to be full for EVERY session, and make those sessions longer and more productive. I voted for your ass, the least you can do is do you fucking job and be my voice.
8. LISTEN TO THE WEST. There aren't as many of us as there are people down east, but that doesn't mean we can be shuffled under the carpet and ignored.

JAYMEZ
12-08-2003, 04:23 PM
when Paul Martin steps in power on friday , alot of shiet is gonna change , he is a bussiness man , and in the world of politics thats BAD! He is gonna twist alot of rules to better himself and his bussiness. I can see an increase in every damn thing possible.

hampstor
12-11-2003, 02:15 AM
For those who say we should seperate from the US economically, I dont think that would be in our best interests. The majority of our exports go to the United States - they are OUR BIGGEST market. Without a market to sell the majority of our goods, we would be as propserous as we are right now. Where would we sell Alberta oil to? Who would invest in Alberta's oilsands? If you say Albertans, then we will lose a large chunk of our workforce because we do not use nearly as much oil as the americans do.

For those economists out there, the words are: Economics of Scale. The last time we tried to exert some sort of market power on the US, they beat us down by raising their interest rates - basically beating us with a real big stick as Canadians were investing in the US financial markets due to its high rate.

As far as the EU vs NAFTA, the EU is going to run itself into the ground. Over 50% of the EU's budget is to subsidize agriculture while the Can/US/Mex does not even come that close. :drama:

And for all you that work at McDonalds, you'd have no more jobs! :rofl:

oh and yes, I do support Mr Martin. I've talked to him a few times about western alienation concerns and everytime hes told me not to worry because thats one of the most important issues to him. He is sacrificing his eastern canada support to gain some trust out in the west. With that said, despite what he's said to me in person his actual actions will dictate whether I will elect him for a 2nd term or not :)

Weapon_R
12-11-2003, 02:45 AM

hahah Oh man...

Our "strong" dollar did not change in value at all. The United States dollar has been devalued in order to increase monetary reserves, and therefore give the United States the ability to decrease interest rates.

And by the way, just in case you wanted to know, our "strong" dollar is costing Canadians millions of dollars per day in lost earnings from U.S. businesses that have to turn away because their dollar can no longer purchase what it used to purchase. The only benefit in having a strong dollar is for all you ebay queens who are getting great deals right now :) Well, that's not true, but there aren't very many great things about having a strong dollar (for Canadians, at least).

As for Martin, I really don't trust the guy either. Right now, he seems willing to please, and that only translates into bringing out the kneepads to give Georgie some reparation payment. And that doesn't translate too well, imo, as we are going to see the re-militarization of Canada's army (which is one of the best in the world, in case you guys were going to jump on it) and join the U.S. in it's endeavors abroad.

DeSi
12-11-2003, 08:13 AM
I want to see a remilitarization of the canadian army, i don't trust teh americans enough to rely on them for our "saftey."

sputnik
12-11-2003, 08:20 AM
Uhhh... arent we all Albertans... voting Liberal is just wrong

DeSi
12-11-2003, 08:28 AM
hahahahaha.........i'm a liberal

SoSlowDx
12-11-2003, 08:06 PM
Guess we'll have to sit and see what Paul Martin does. I hope he can do a better job than Chretien.

A_3
12-12-2003, 04:35 PM
I'm not liberal by any means, cmon i'm Albertan, but they are one of the best parties in the world, fair, just, etc... Martin will probably be better then Chretien for a few reasons, he's younger, more ambitious, and he's ran companies for years and done it well. As soslowdx said we gotta wait and see, and to Desi, man seriously shut the fuck up, you're a little post whore, Toma had a valid opinion and you went and bitched at him, your opinion isn't always right!

ryder_23
12-13-2003, 01:13 AM

OMG...toma...shit gangsta im sooooo fuckin scared of you. guy calm down before you get your self into something you can't handle.

and YES martin is a self made man, politically and in the business world.

"Guy" , everyone is entitled to there own opinion, dont shut them down when they state there opinion, even if you dont like it, and if they something, that you think is wrong, cause u know the answer :rolleyes: , let it be, and politly correct them, you dont have to attack them.

As for Paul Martin, he has all the criteria to a be a solid primeminister, he knows how things work, and theres a reason he was finance minister, in all he cannot be worse then Chretien and it will be interesting to see where he takes Canada as Prime Minister. I dunno, guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens. Now saying this, he will be worst then cretien :rofl:

JAYMEZ
12-13-2003, 01:24 AM
The evil man now controls us :eek:

4wheeldrift
12-13-2003, 02:15 AM
All your Parliament Hill are belong to us :devil:

rogue
01-11-2004, 03:11 AM
this is an old post but just have to say MARTIN IS AN ASS. Pleassssssse vote conservative we dont need these fucking liberal sobs running the show.

The Cypriot
01-11-2004, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by rogue
this is an old post but just have to say MARTIN IS AN ASS. Pleassssssse vote conservative we dont need these fucking liberal sobs running the show.

I'd vote Liberal over Conservative any day. They're the better of the two evils.

hjr
01-11-2004, 06:31 PM
it only took martin 1 week to kill the pot bill. i thought this country was progressing. nope.

RiCE-DaDDy
01-11-2004, 10:41 PM
when u guys get older, you'll go conservative :thumbsup:

hampstor
01-11-2004, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by The Cypriot

I'd vote Liberal over Conservative any day. They're the better of the two evils.

i agree... lets not forget Kim Campbell! :D

403Gemini
01-12-2004, 01:19 AM
im not liberal in anyway. in my opinion it allows the ignorants to survive in our society. somebody can sit on their ass doing drugs all day and our tax dollars goto them to pay for welfare. i know a girl who had a kid and got paid child support cause of it and felt it was such a easy source of income, she got herself pregnant again. THAT pisses me off.

The Cypriot
01-12-2004, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by RiCE-DaDDy
when u guys get older, you'll go conservative :thumbsup:

No way..