PDA

View Full Version : Recommend an electrician

kenny
04-14-2010, 11:27 AM
I need some quick electrical work done in my basement (new receptacle by the panel).

Can someone recommend a good electrician?

eblend
04-15-2010, 06:29 AM
That sounds super easy, where abouts are you? I am no electrician but I have wired up all my basement myself so might be able to help.

Dilmah
04-15-2010, 06:42 AM
That would be an easy job, however get an electrician to do it and not a stranger...

Cos
04-15-2010, 07:07 AM
you are going to pay a shit load for an electrician to tie that in. Is the basement finished? You planning on putting in another breaker or just feed it off the existing cct?

kenny
04-15-2010, 09:53 AM
Basement is unfinished and I plan on putting in another breaker for this receptacle.

It looks pretty simple, I mean I could wire everything up and just have an electrician tie it into the panel, but I don't trust myself when it comes to electrical.

Think I may have found someone to do it though :)

Cos
04-15-2010, 10:01 AM
^^ good, if not I can ask one of my friends. He is an electrician but doesnt do it anymore. He may do it for some beer.

Oz-
04-15-2010, 11:59 AM
I believe Danno on these boards does some side work as an electrician.

cocoabrova
04-15-2010, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by kenny
I need some quick electrical work done in my basement (new receptacle by the panel).

Can someone recommend a good electrician?
TXTED

eblend
04-15-2010, 12:33 PM
it is 3 wires really, anyone could do it, super simple

http://www.electrical-online.com/Wiringareceptacle.htm

Cos
04-15-2010, 12:34 PM
^^ especially since your doing the breaker yourself. Wire, make sure it is right, de-energize panel, pop breaker in.

Done :D

redrocket
04-15-2010, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by Cos
^^ especially since your doing the breaker yourself. Wire, make sure it is right, de-energize panel, pop breaker in.

Done :D

De energize your panel?? hah its a easy job but most panels dont have a switch to just "de-energize"

Cos
04-15-2010, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by redrocket

De energize your panel?? hah its a easy job but most panels dont have a switch to just "de-energize"

it is called a main breaker last time I checked.

pyro
04-15-2010, 07:11 PM
PM me if u havnt found anyone can prolly do it this weekend take 15min

barmanjay
04-15-2010, 08:37 PM
Team Mclarens dad is an electrician IIRC

danno
04-15-2010, 08:49 PM
let me know if i can help, journeyman electrician right here

thanks oz- for pointing that out:guns:

LUDELVR
04-15-2010, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by danno
let me know if i can help, journeyman electrician right here

thanks oz- for pointing that out:guns:

I second Danno! Primo guy for the job! Did a job in my house and very happy. Gotta love the beyond price scheme too! ;) :rofl:

Zero102
04-16-2010, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by redrocket

Oh man, please don't post when you have no idea what you are talking about.

For the OP, expect around $30 in supplies + whatever the person will charge you. ~$15 for a breaker, $1 for a plug, $2 for a box and $1 for a coverplate and connectors, then maybe $10 in wire depending on how far from the panel you are going.
If you want to do it yourself just turn off the main breaker before opening the panel, but most qualified electricians will do this with the panel live to save time (and save you from resetting the clocks on everything in your house).

I'd offer to do this as I am an electrician however it sounds like you have this covered :)

danno
04-16-2010, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by LUDELVR

I second Danno! Primo guy for the job! Did a job in my house and very happy. Gotta love the beyond price scheme too! ;) :rofl:

i thought you needed more stuff done, let me know what's up.

LUDELVR
04-16-2010, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by danno

i thought you needed more stuff done, let me know what's up.

haha, we do, we're just too lazy to find out what exactly we need done!

I'll ring ya soon enough mate. Got to get these renos on the move! :thumbsup:

Pacman
07-18-2011, 08:40 PM
Just wanted to give a sincere 2 thumbs up for Danno as an electrician.

We needed some work done and Danno was extremely helpful. He gave a rough price estimate over the phone which was bang on with the actual price charged.

He was professional, did a great job and we will use him again for any electrical related jobs.

Pacman