PDA

View Full Version : Thank you to Tirebob & Urbanexpressions!

Tik-Tok
04-15-2010, 10:21 AM
I've had a >100km/h vibration for quiet awhile now on my Audi, and have had my tires balanced by two separate companies, and it still persisted.

Finally I took my car to Urban Expressions, and they balanced them perfectly! Took the car on a back highway road trip yesterday, and not a single shimmy at speeds... well... much greater than 100km/h.

Thanks Bob!

Lorne@UrbanX
04-15-2010, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok
I've had a >100km/h vibration for quiet awhile now on my Audi, and have had my tires balanced by two separate companies, and it still persisted.

Finally I took my car to Urban Expressions, and they balanced them perfectly! Took the car on a back highway road trip yesterday, and not a single shimmy at speeds... well... much greater than 100km/h.

Thanks Bob!
Thanks for the mad props, glad to be of a assisstance to you!
Lorne@UrbanX

Bizzareo
04-15-2010, 12:14 PM
I don't get how people fail at balancing tires... Its so easy...

Good job to the both of you!

911fever
04-15-2010, 12:17 PM
great guys there!

Wrinkly
04-15-2010, 12:25 PM
I was researching this just the other day. Apparently some of the problem lies in the wheel itself and lack of equipment to deal with it.

Some wheels are lug centric as opposed to the more common hub centric. Lug centric wheels are very difficult to balance without an adaptor on the machine resembling a wheel hub (Howeke (sp) makes such an adaptor). Combined with a machine like the state of the art Hunter road force that Bob uses you get a perfect job apparently.

So those of you suffering repeated wheel balance issues, this may be the reason :dunno:

2EFNFAST
04-15-2010, 12:33 PM
The mounted my dad's tires yesterday - great service and Lorne was fun to talk to. 2 thumbs up - I used to dread taking my tires to be mounted to places like ok tire and kal tire. Service was meh and half the time my rims came back damaged (granted, after arguing they sent them to alberta wheel repair free of charge, but still).

Will be using Urban Exp when I can :thumbsup:

sh0ko
04-15-2010, 04:35 PM
urban expressions... the only place that should exist for wheels and tires in calgary

norbel
04-15-2010, 04:39 PM
my friend just got tires from Bob. I hear nothing but good things about him. Might try using him for our dealership cars. we currently use Tire Pirates

Gary@UrbanX
04-15-2010, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by sh0ko
urban expressions... the only place that should exist for wheels and tires in calgary

Right on!:thumbsup:

Sil80_D
04-15-2010, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by 2EFNFAST
ok tire

:barf: :barf: :barf:

KandabashiDevil
04-15-2010, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by Bizzareo
I don't get how people fail at balancing tires... Its so easy...

It usually isn't the person at fault, it's the technology they're using.

Bob only uses the best equipment on the market! :bigpimp:

:thumbsup:

FiveFreshFish
04-16-2010, 08:57 PM
I bought a jack from Bob last year. Goes very low; it's the one on the left. :thumbsup:

cort@urbanX
04-17-2010, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by sh0ko

I definitely agree!:clap:

4lti
04-17-2010, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish
I bought a jack from Bob last year. Goes very low; it's the one on the left. :thumbsup:

Siiick.
Thats a pretty low Jack.
How much id you get it for??

Isaiah
04-17-2010, 12:13 PM
Cort and Gary set me up with some nice new tread on the S4 and they're scouting out some new rims for me. Chill guys at the south location. Will update with pics once the rims are in.

im2fst4u
04-17-2010, 07:37 PM
I would like to thank Lorne and the group over at the North store for helping today with setting me up with some new tires on my new rims for the 335i.
Great bunch of guys, great job, great deal!
Couldn't ask for better service or a better deal!!!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

kras
04-17-2010, 07:51 PM
bob hooked me up w/ some rpf1's, wicked deal

cjay^
04-17-2010, 08:30 PM
Does Urban Expressions do wheel alignments?

Kardon
04-17-2010, 09:15 PM
I met bob not too long ago and hes definitely a cool guy, can't wait to see how those wheels look on claytons S2000 :thumbsup:

redevil
04-30-2010, 04:54 PM
Just had my Mini looked at by Bob and his guys. I must have installed my summer rims on incorrectly, as I was having a vibration/wobble to them. Bob took the time to have his guys look at it and all was good. They checked the balance on them and mounted them again to the car.

Once again great customer service! :thumbsup:

Thanks Tirebob and crew!

The_Rural_Juror
04-30-2010, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by 4lti

Siiick.
Thats a pretty low Jack.
How much id you get it for??

I want to know too.