PDA

View Full Version : Stolen: 2002 Yellow Mazda Protege 5 (YXC-599)

?????
04-15-2010, 10:59 AM
Hi all,

I'm posting this for a friend. His car was stolen overnight (Apr14-Apr15) outside his home in the Beddington area.

Car Description

2002 Yellow Mazda Protege 5
Plate #: YXC-599
Tinted windows with yellow fade
Rust around the badging "protégé5"
Muffler has a hole so the car is loud
Cracked windshield

Contact

If you spot the car being driven around please contact the police @ 403.266.1234 or 911 if they are being reckless.

If you spot the car parked somewhere please contact Tony @ 403.710.9694 or PM me.

Thanks! I will keep the thread updated if the car is recovered.

scat19
04-15-2010, 11:01 AM
I'll keep an eye out man, I am in the area alll the time. :thumbsup:

mr2mike
04-15-2010, 11:06 AM
Saw this car a few days ago. Before it was stolen. The color and tint job make it pretty obvious. Good luck on finding it!

btimbit
04-15-2010, 02:44 PM
In the area quite a bit. Wrote the info down and will keep a look out! Best of luck.

Clever
04-15-2010, 02:51 PM
I'm all over the SW and NW today I'll keep an eye out.

V6-BoI
04-15-2010, 03:08 PM
Whoa, I'll keep an eye out for this as well.

MGCM
04-15-2010, 03:21 PM
I'm always in the general area and will keep my eyes peel'd for the assholes who stole it :( lotta stolen cars these days, a friend of mine had her car stolen last year and at the time the police said there was another 10 or so vehicles stolen in the area recently.

Maybe a new thread should be started, "Ways of preventing your car from being stolen" Random things like pulling a fuse so they can't start it or getting a steering wheel lock, removing the gas pedal? Random suggestions but some might be applicable.

Wrinkly
04-15-2010, 06:24 PM
Does it have after market rear tail lights?

btimbit
04-16-2010, 02:22 AM
Originally posted by MGCM
I'm always in the general area and will keep my eyes peel'd for the assholes who stole it :( lotta stolen cars these days, a friend of mine had her car stolen last year and at the time the police said there was another 10 or so vehicles stolen in the area recently.

Maybe a new thread should be started, "Ways of preventing your car from being stolen" Random things like pulling a fuse so they can't start it or getting a steering wheel lock, removing the gas pedal? Random suggestions but some might be applicable.

Pulling a fuse, I like that. Think I might do that when I'm not somewhere friendly

Bizzareo
04-16-2010, 02:32 AM
Or just install a hidden switch for the fuel pump...

I do remember like 8 years ago there was an article in hot rod magazine. About a '69 Camaro in Brazil that had a flamethrower system, that would incarcerate any would be thief's from entering the vehicle.

Op do you have pics of the car? Anything aftermarket on it?

edit: grammer.

troi.oi
04-16-2010, 03:04 AM
wow sucks to here another car being stolen, im in the area everyday so i'll keep my eyes peeled

DarkDream
04-16-2010, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by Wrinkly
Does it have after market rear tail lights?

no it doesn't

kvg
04-16-2010, 12:08 PM
I'll keep an eye out. hope you friend gets it back or his insurance is good!

MGCM
04-17-2010, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by Bizzareo
Or just install a hidden switch for the fuel pump...

Yea there are lots of little things like that you can do

Originally posted by Bizzareo
I do remember like 8 years ago there was an article in hot rod magazine. About a '69 Camaro in Brazil that had a flamethrower system, that would incarcerate any would be thief's from entering the vehicle.

I would love to see that happen:rofl:

MGCM
04-17-2010, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by btimbit

Pulling a fuse, I like that. Think I might do that when I'm not somewhere friendly

I thought it was a pretty sweet idea and I've been doing that every night now cause my area has been under ALOT of car theft. It's cheeper than a DIY pump switch or the more expensive car alarm that is also possible to bypass tho most of the amateurs out there just run when the alarm goes lol

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x311/midnightskynate/IMAG0055.jpg

These signs are all over the bus loop parking lot in my neighborhood. lol I KNEW the cavalier/corolla/1500Chevy that I kept seein at the bus loop had to be bait cars or something like that cause I personally would NEVER leave my car in an open parking lot like that overnight.

derpderp
04-20-2010, 03:22 AM
I think they do things that make bait cars obvious too, like leaving the keys on the seat with the door unlocked and then arresting the ones dumb enough to fall for it.